Guo-lai Cache Keys, what do they do?

So has anyone found a chest that this key opens down in the halls? On live or on beta?
    Also does anyone know what the deal with the chest spawns are, I know they are supposed to give rep items for the Golden Lotus, so I am looking for assistance because the Golden Lotus is such an aweful rep o.o

Armory^

I have one as well but couldn't find a cache. Used wowhead but there was talk of the cache having been removed from the game, which would be odd considering the key still drops.

Yes that would be odd (Quite as odd as chatting with War's Sword), and very annoying seeing as they choke off any of the other reps to do, Shado-pan/Celestials. I feel it wouldnt be as much of an issue if they didnt give fuck-all for rep at 110 per daily each set nets you a whole 1200 rep, woohoo

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried it on Dark Cleric Salem's chest?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently sometimes the chests spawn in areas that can't be reached until you have a certain amount of Golden Lotus rep. I assume these areas are behind the closed doors in the Halls.

Deleted
    I have read somewhere that the chests only spawned on beta when you hit revered (dont remember where) with the golden lotus ofcourse this could be wrong as no one on live currently is revered with them to check it out if it works on live.
    I also have 2 of the keys quite annoying to be honest to get them and nothing to use them on.

That sucks, seeing as once I am revered I wont care nearly as much

Armory^

I was at friendly a few days ago and found a cache in the Guo-Lai chambers (the first room where you fight the dog). It gave maybe items worth 500 rep in all plus some gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEater View Post
    I have one as well but couldn't find a cache. Used wowhead but there was talk of the cache having been removed from the game, which would be odd considering the key still drops.
    What? No, they're not removed from the game, and wowhead doesn't say that.

They spawn randomly and disappear when someone uses them. The more rep = more locations and more open places in the halls to find them.

Anyone know of the best way to farm them or is just getting lucky?