Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    when i did the pre-patch for MoP, the game crashed: black graphics, blue screen, computer froze, etc... i was in the beta and had no issues. they definitely added something to the live MoP graphics.

i posted on the tech forums and put in my dxdiag text. i wasn't the only one. lots of people had their graphics go stupid with the MoP pre-patch. i run it on a core2 duo laptop. i noticed in the tech thread, there were even people with i7 cpu's posting the same issues. the response we all got was: "update your video card driver" or "your video card is no longer supported."

how i fixed my particular issues on a core2 duo, 6gig ram, HD4650 graphics was to enable v-sync, low shadows and low water. runs fine now and i can do maxview without any slow-down (if my setup has no issues with maxview, your's definitely shouldn't). anyways, some of the guys also posted saying that going back to dx9 also helped them. something to try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Are you running any browser tab with YouTube or any kind of flash running? If so, right click in the flash and go into settings and disable hardware acceleration, then reload all tabs just in case
    Disabled it, nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    when i did the pre-patch for MoP, the game crashed: black graphics, blue screen, computer froze, etc... i was in the beta and had no issues. they definitely added something to the live MoP graphics.

i posted on the tech forums and put in my dxdiag text. i wasn't the only one. lots of people had their graphics go stupid with the MoP pre-patch. i run it on a core2 duo laptop. i noticed in the tech thread, there were even people with i7 cpu's posting the same issues. the response we all got was: "update your video card driver" or "your video card is no longer supported."

how i fixed my particular issues on a core2 duo, 6gig ram, HD4650 graphics was to enable v-sync, low shadows and low water. runs fine now and i can do maxview without any slow-down (if my setup has no issues with maxview, your's definitely shouldn't). anyways, some of the guys also posted saying that going back to dx9 also helped them. something to try.
    No difference with DX9.

All low settings: 130 FPS.
    All ultra: 20 fps.
    All ultra except shadows at low: 35 FPS.
    All ultra except shadows and view distance (both low): 90 fps. Exact same place.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Disabled it, nothing changed.

No difference with DX9.

All low settings: 130 FPS.
    All ultra: 20 fps.
    All ultra except shadows at low: 35 FPS.
    All ultra except shadows and view distance (both low): 90 fps. Exact same place.
    man that is weird.....its gotta be software related doesnt it? have you tried any other mmo too see what happens? swtor is f2p now i believe so you can download that and test it out.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    Having the exact same problem here. Even the framerates are the same. I used to have an AMD 4550 graphics card, I recently switched to a Nvidea geforce gtx600 oc and the game runs just the same if not worse. It seems quite silly if my PC can run Battlefield 3 fully maxed out without any lag and WoW has such FPS. Btw my processor is a AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.80 GHz and have 12gb ram.

Deleted
    Im gonna reinstall Windows and totally remove WoW and reinstall that aswell. Try with a totally original WoW-folder, without my addons etc etc.
    Will be back later today.

you should check your gpu-usage.
    i have kinda the same issue with kinda the same hardware, but after having watched what my gpu load is it was clear (98%-99% gpu load)
    so either some weird process is using up lots of my resources or my gpu isn't strong enough anymore to keep my settings that high :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    you should check your gpu-usage.
    i have kinda the same issue with kinda the same hardware, but after having watched what my gpu load is it was clear (98%-99% gpu load)
    so either some weird process is using up lots of my resources or my gpu isn't strong enough anymore to keep my settings that high :P
    Mists of Pandaria, and open world especially, have changed and rustled around the priorities of the engine slightly; Now it will tax a higher end GPU more than they used to.
    Raids/40man BGs are likely to be still mostly CPU-bound, but the rest even further GPU-bound than before. It happens.

But a fresh install of the wow-client when you get new hardware is always a good idea.

Deleted
    Hms, at 20 FPS (all ultra, shadows aswell) my GPU-load is ~55%. My CPU-load ~40%. Max GPU-load i noticed was 62%

Time to reinstall Win, brb!

Didnt helped.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 07:09 PM ----------

I really think its my harddrive thats the problem atm, tho thats kinda strange aswell since everything on low is fine.
    Last edited by mmocdd889ff95a; 2012-10-03 at 11:54 AM.

Hey!

I have no idea why and what i should try. Been testing speedstep OFF, removed interface, cache and WTF-folder completely aswell.

My FPS is fine with view distance at low but at ultra, high, good or even fair, it drops like hell. Its "usually" at max-fps (60) but as said, it drops really often.

So far it seems that multisampling to 1x from 8x increasing my FPS with ~10. Shadows from ultra to low ~15 FPS, and view distance from ultra to low...~40-50 FPS.

WoW tells me: "Larger view distance require more memory and a faster CPU"

My comp:
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    HD7850
    6GB memory
    Win 7 64bit
    WoW at 64bit

And yes, i know WoW aint that "good" optimized compared to what hardware ppl using, but an i5 2500k 4.5ghz should definitly be able to have view distance at good without any problems.

I just really DONT want to have it on low with my comp. It looks terrible.
    Are you set to DX11? You have to change it in game in the graphics panel under Graphics APi

I am a similar setup with twin 7970 cards and 5760x1080. I had the same issues until I changed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hms, at 20 FPS (all ultra, shadows aswell) my GPU-load is ~55%. My CPU-load ~40%. Max GPU-load i noticed was 62%

Time to reinstall Win, brb!

Didnt helped.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 07:09 PM ----------

I really think its my harddrive thats the problem atm, tho thats kinda strange aswell since everything on low is fine.
    A reinstall wont help. I am in the same boat as you are. My specs are:
    i5 3570K OC to 4.3 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    AMD HD7850 GPU
    WOW and Win 7 64 bit on SSD

I have been having the exact same issue and have been scouring all forums for a fix. I get around 30FPS on ultra in Pandaria with occasional spike to 50s if I look down at the ground for a few secs. Tried everything (reinstalls, driver updates, Over clocking GPU), nothing helps. Have to kill shadows and viewing distance to get decent FPS. Also posted on Tom's hardware and they suggested running WoW on just one processor. That did nothing as well. Any help would be welcome.

Anyone with a similar issue who manages to get some improvement, please update this thread.

P.S. Strangest thing, I get worse FPS if I overclock the GPU compared to stock speeds.

EDIT: To the poster above my post, I tried it on DX9 an DX11, nothing helped.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Quick Ben View Post
    i5 3570K OC to 4.3 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    AMD HD7850 GPU

I have been having the exact same issue and have been scouring all forums for a fix. I get around 30FPS on ultra in Pandaria with occasional spike to 50s if I look down at the ground for a few secs. Tried everything (reinstalls, driver updates, Over clocking GPU), nothing helps. Have to kill shadows and viewing distance to get decent FPS. Also posted on Tom's hardware and they suggested running WoW on just one processor. That did nothing as well. Any help would be welcome.

Anyone with a similar issue who manages to get some improvement, please update this thread.

P.S. Strangest thing, I get worse FPS if I overclock the GPU compared to stock speeds.

WoW is in 64bit as well right?

I am not having this issue at all.
    i5-2500k at 4.3
    8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600
    2x7970 in CF (normally only one running when playing WoW)
    5760x1080 eyefinity
    All settings on Ultra

Have you tried with all addons off?
    I had an issue with one a bit ago that dropped my FPS to 10 from 70-80 normally.

Have you overclocked your video card? If not, try that and see if it gets better, if so back it off a bit and see if your hitting Error corrections.

Can you run performance metrics? See what your CPU and GPU use are at. Also, see how much memory is being taken up on the card, could approach limit.

What ATi drivers are you running, I forget on mine but can look them up later.

(EDIT) What is your memory config, 2 dimms or 4? What is the voltage?
    Last edited by Runzlikegirl; 2012-10-03 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick Ben View Post
    i5 3570K OC to 4.3 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    AMD HD7850 GPU

So its not because of my HDD then, since you have a SSD.

Im raiding atm, 10 man. And i have to to set everything to Good, and even then I fps-drops alot. Having ~35-40 usually. And again, thats in 10man! Its damn annoying.

Personally i think its a GPU-problem, since low-settings works much, much better. Wanna try older drivers.
    I have DX11 aswell, newest driver. My CPU and GPU-load = both around ~50%. Kinda never above that.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post

i5-2500k at 4.3
    5760x1080 eyefinity
    All settings on Ultra

I had an issue with one a bit ago that dropped my FPS to 10 from 70-80 normally.

Have you overclocked your video card? If not, try that and see if it gets better, if so back it off a bit and see if your hitting Error corrections.

Can you run performance metrics? See what your CPU and GPU use are at. Also, see how much memory is being taken up on the card, could approach limit.

Yes, WoW 64bits. Havent checked gpu-memory yet, will do that. But i have a 2GB version of the 7850.

2 memory-sticks. 1.5v, as they should.
    Have not overclocked my GPU yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post

i5-2500k at 4.3
    5760x1080 eyefinity
    All settings on Ultra

I have two dimms, 1.5V. Max bandwidth is PC3-10700H (667MHz) in slots 2 and 4. Are they sub par?

The display drivers are from 7/27/12, Driver version 8.982.0.0

I tried Over clocking the card and no change. Strangely enough, got a small dip in performance when I over clocked the GPU so left it on stock speed.

I am taking inventory and the only thing that I have not upgraded yet is my PSU, which is at 500MW. Can that be an issue? I am able to get over 60 FPS in Diablo 3 and Skyrim so didnt think hardware was an issue.

PS: Have not downloaded any add-ons after my fresh reinstall of wow.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.

Deleted
    Just tested the new beta-driver, 12.9. Same problem tho.

Deleted
    i had to post seen as tho we have the same GPU - Issue AMD / Blizzard don't know about with 7850's ? tho afaik View distance is a CPU setting in which case alright i can admit the fact i cant run ultra view distance but Low to Fair i lose 10-20(30 in some cases) fps all of a sudden... even Low to high shadows doesn't hurt my FPS as much.

I know my GPU is largely bottlenecked due to my CPU (Athlon II x4 640 3ghz) but I feel this issue came to light pre-mop launch. As my view distance setting was always fair and i'd keep a nice 60fps in most battlegrounds soon as pre-mop came out with the same settings i'd lost 10-20fps in battlegrounds

kinda annoying me now.

had no issues pre-mop

Deleted
    I think theres a good chance you are using all the memory on the card. Is there any way you can try out a 2gb card for a while?
    *Edit*
    I had a similar issue with my old card. There was a certain point when turning up settings that my cards memory would max and it slowed right down (I believe it uses the system memory when this happens). Is there maybe a vram program that will check the useage?
    Last edited by mmoc810b024817; 2012-10-11 at 11:50 PM.

Same problem with View Distance, I have an i5 3570, 8gb ram, HD6950 2gb.
    Seems like an ATI problem?

Deleted
    Hey guys i have the same Problem,

I run a i5-3570k at stock speed an a HD7870.

Standing at crossroads looking towards ratchet gives me around

35-40 frames on every thing on max and view distance to fair
    20-25 frames on good
    17-19 frames on high
    12-15 frames on ultra.

Changing other settings to what ever value does near to nothing to the Framerates above!

I tried various Drivers from 12.6 to Catalyst 12.11 beta4 which im running now with no sucess.

I tried to find help on the german battlenet forums but no one has come up with an answer!

Im pretty annoyed by the fact of playing a 7 year old game with viewdistance arround 5 to 10 meters!

Is it possible that this is a filter effect related slow-down? It sounds as though the game's potentially trying to antialias objects that aren't even visible, or as though it's trying to apply some kind of hardware effect to everything in range. I used to get this kind of issue when using supersampling and AA in certain games with older Nvidia drivers. It would basically try to apply the effect to everything, even things that it shouldn't and it would slow everything down.

Is there a Catalyst profile for the game that might be trying to apply something ineffectively?

Deleted
    Same boat here, upgraded my old CPU to a i5-3570k and got new mobo and RAM with the hope of being able to max out wow. I ended up playing with basicly the same settings as I used to have on my 4 year old CPU with 4g ram. Full ultra is not even an option, like 30 fps and can barely move.

Right now Im playing on fair with some settings on good and even then I have ocassional spikes, the panic solution to take my driver's license money to upgrade computer for MoP feels kind of fail right now...

Worst part is my friend is sitting with a worse setup running everything on ultra.