Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Starfall sometimes hitting unwanted targets...

Hey lads and ladies of the Druid class forum! I've been running heroics with my boomkin and constantly running to a problem in for example Gate of the Setting Sun, both Scarlet Monastery heroics and Scholomance, where my Starfall pulls mobs that are not in combat with the group. In other heroics I don't seem to have this problem!

Has anyone else noticed this? And is there a way to keep Starfalling to keep up competitive DPS without pissing off the rest of the group?

Yes, this bug (or feature?) has been around for some time. Funny you didn't notice it while questing.

Starfall hits everything in range that does not have full HP. We had this problem before, when Glyph of Focus could resolve it in many occasions. But now, no glyph - so don't use Starfall when there are mobs nearby that are fighting NPCs.

15+ Year Old Account
    the same issue also exist on the Angel Of Death kalaxxi buff, you are kitting 1 mob next to a critter and it procs, killing the critter lol
    (had it proc near a group of deer before and they all came after me..)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to intrude on the topic with a little off-topic. But this does not happen only with Starfall. I as a mage have the same problem with Nether tempest.
    I am pulling mobs which i don't intend to. Even mobs that are under cc or or not in combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    sometimes the raw power of magic is hard to master
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

At one point in time it was fixed to only hit what you were in combat with now --starfall = if there are any mobs around i dont see please come beat the shit out of me

Quote Originally Posted by buggers View Post
    At one point in time it was fixed to only hit what you were in combat with now --starfall = if there are any mobs around i dont see please come beat the shit out of me
    I don't know that I've ever witnessed Starfall doing anything other than pulling mobs out of the woodwork. =/

Deleted
    Oooh. That explains! I wasn't really using Starfall that much while leveling so it never occurred to me that it was bugged. Now it makes sense that mobs that are not full health and/or fighting other NPCs go berserk at me. I think I can use Starfall wisely with this piece of information. Thanks a lot

Do we have any idea if they're planning on fixing it anytime soon?

It is actually mobs that are either not at full health OR currently have a target. Basically mobs that are doing something. If a mob is just pathing by with no target and at full health it will not get hit. Any mob that is chasing someone else, or not at 100% health will get hit if in range.

Deleted
    Fun people talking about bug while it is working as intended. In cata it changed from all targets in range to all enemys in combat or with ess then 100% health. The only bug is the low awerness of people on there surrounding and knowledge of there skills

Yes. It's a huge issue. I can't believe Blizz hasn't dealt with it yet...

Deleted
    The tooltip even reads "... that you're in combat with". So it is, in fact, NOT working as intended.

Deleted
    This has been a problem for too long now for Blizzard not to fix it, maybe goes to show how much they care about Boomkins?

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2chicken2die View Post
    Fun people talking about bug while it is working as intended. In cata it changed from all targets in range to all enemys in combat or with ess then 100% health. The only bug is the low awerness of people on there surrounding and knowledge of there skills
    Its not working as intended, did you even read the tooltip?

It's such a shame, because i've always loved starfall, the idea is fab, the implementation, not!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's been noted. But I noticed it seems to hit any mob in combat. ANY COMBAT......

I tested it a few times and this seemed to hold 100% true. As long as they weren't fighting ANYTHING it wouldn't hit them.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Basically, starfall was fixed to only work with targets you were in combat with, however this required the target to have an aggro table, certain targets (e.g. XT's heart, etc), don't have aggro tables which really messed up our damage, blizzard made it so starfall hit any targets which weren't 100% hp. A messy fix but a fix anyway (better to have starfall be useful on these targets than useless), just be careful where you use the spell.

With MoP starfall might actually be hitting any target without an aggro table regardless of HP (zombie pile things in SM, etc), so they might remove the HP part... or it might just be a bug.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I don't know if it's been noted. But I noticed it seems to hit any mob in combat. ANY COMBAT......

I tested it a few times and this seemed to hold 100% true. As long as they weren't fighting ANYTHING it wouldn't hit them.
    If the mob is below 100% HP then yes it will hit it.

My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Hehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    And attention to you"! No really, nothing like flying by/mouting by a hord (or alliance for some :P) balance druid hitting you with starfall, even trough you are quit far away and not inn combat.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-10-04 at 04:58 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Man this is annoying. In some heroics you pretty much have to choose between running way the fuck back to not accidentally pull more mobs with Starfall OR don't use it and lose a ton of DPS.

They should really fix this.