got 2 quick questions regarding frost (might return to it for the remaining of progress)

1. What spell to use the 20% dmg from 2set t16 on?
    2. does the fix of iv glyph means its once again viable to use? (what exactly got fixed?)

hope anyone can help out with some quick answers before tonigts raid ^^
    Last edited by Hasufer; 2013-10-23 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasufer View Post
    got 2 quick questions regarding frost (might return to it for the remaining of progress)

1. What spell to use the 20% dmg from 2set t16 on?
    2. does the fix of iv glyph means its once again viable to use? (what exactly got fixed?)

hope anyone can help out with some quick answers before tonigts raid ^^
    Here's what worked for me:
    1. CoC (when applicable) > BF-FFB (this will be random, unless you roll with frost bomb) > FoF-IL > FB
    Basically never hold it, unless you're going to use it with CoC.
    2. Indeed it is! 20% dmg bonus doesn't disappear anymore during IV after BF-FFB.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnz View Post
    Hello, I have some questions about simulationcraft. Im a new user of simc. so forgive my noob questions. I think i simulated it correct but my results not so good.

Could anyone tell me whats wrong with me ? How can my crit value is better than my hastery? and why my hit value is so high when i had 14.97 hit chance.. ?
    I thought these values are calculated for my CURRENT gear.. not for any gear.. So how is my hit value can be so high.. i dont need any more hit but it says its realy important for me. and mastery value is so low ?? should i go for haste ? i m soft capped my haste at 12600 and stacked mastery. But it seems i should go for haste..
    One more question.. when im simulating, can i change my glyph without changing it ingame ? i wanna see if unglyphed icy veins is better or not for my gear..

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erion/advanced
    Your crit is too low, try to aim around 24%, you are far below shatter cap.
    Hit scaling is calculated by removing 1000 rating instead of adding it.

So glyph IV or no? How we feeling on this. Personally I love unglyph'd because of that ridiculous haste that you can stack up with other buffs and just get insane bomb ticks.

Reforging out of all crit I'm still at 26%+

Try dropping crit weight to 0 or 0.01. 0 may work, but then you may get overforged on hit, so its better to use 0.01 so the calculator can dump stats it can't find any other use for into crit rather than hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    My Blood DK's ears just perked up.
    I'm so copying your signature thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Sounds like your gear is very similar to mine.

Break the 4pc, it's rubbish and inconsistent, especially on multi target fights where more of your time is spent on bombs. Heroic WF'd is just so nice.
    I last night just equipped my 2 H WF'd off-pieces and I got the h wf'd staff off of pride. I'm expecting a pretty significant dps increase after that. I was doing well as frost when my ilvl was near others. Then everyone seemed to suddenly get a burst of gear and I was left doing shitty on fights. The only thing I really want now is the h bindings to kind of put me on all the other casters levels and on a more even playing field. Hopefully I can start rocking the charts again.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-10-23 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Blizzard and AE are just ridiculous for Frost. FoF IL > Blizzard till 8 targets!! FoF IL > Flamestrike till 4.
    Kinda bummed here. I was arcane and doing really, really well. I switched to frost tonight and I am like a deer in headlights. Lower DPS all around - single target, 3-4 targets, 6+. What do you mean the AoE is ridiculous? My freeze frost bombs don't seem to even beat our arcane mages AE spam. I feel like I am really doing something wrong here. Maybe I need a few more days of practice but so far the switch has been painful. I was really looking forward to raiding as frost.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lenis/advanced

I've read Kuni's guide, Icy veins. I have more of this thread to read. I was doing practice on dummies and doing really well then the raid started and I just started sucking.
    Last edited by antiscian; 2013-10-24 at 03:52 AM.

Ridiculous doesn't automatically mean ridiculously good. In this case, it's ridiculously bad.

Is it worth it to replace my flex helm from Garrosh with LFR tier helm to get my 2pc set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by alaeda View Post
    Is it worth it to replace my flex helm from Garrosh with LFR tier helm to get my 2pc set bonus?
    Unless u have another piece of tier from LFR then yes. But if u have something else then no

Can someone take a look at my logs? They are awful, I know. I left early as well. I recently switched over from arcane where I was doing really, really well. I want to master frost. I have much practice to put in it seems. My AoE damage was just laughable. I am thinking of switching back to arcane.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...mn/details/13/

So reposting...Icy veins glyph or no!?!?!

The glyph will almost always be a dps increase. If you're mostly reforging/gemming haste (which you should be) than without the glyph casting icy veins can easily push you past the gcd cap for your instant cast spells.

Quote Originally Posted by peetree130 View Post
    The glyph will almost always be a dps increase. If you're mostly reforging/gemming haste (which you should be) than without the glyph casting icy veins can easily push you past the gcd cap for your instant cast spells.
    Why should you be?

I'm aware of what I should be stacking and going past the gcd. Sitting at 15k haste. What I'm looking to find out is if it is more valuable to have even more haste to line up with other procs to get insane bombs than just getting the dmg boost to frostbolt ffb and icelance. Maybe unglyph it for multi target fights and keep it glyphd for single target?

If going for ZOMG AMAZING NT 37 TICKS or whatever, you'd leave it unglyphed, such as on multitarget. On single target it depends. With haste scaling with itself, you would generally leave it unglyphed even on single target if you were already spam stacking haste, but if playing with mastery, you glyph it for that insane icicle damage. And mastery is generally the better way to go on a one-target boss like juggernaut, or a boss where there's only one target most of the time and multidotting isn't effective, such as blackfuse, malkorok, etc.

I've had the "there's a limit on how good haste is for this spec" argument before so no sense stirring it up again. Either style does well and the damage difference is negligible in all but single target situations, where spam stacking haste is most definitely a loss to begin with.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2013-10-25 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnz View Post
    Hello, I have some questions about simulationcraft. Im a new user of simc. so forgive my noob questions. I think i simulated it correct but my results not so good.

Could anyone tell me whats wrong with me ? How can my crit value is better than my hastery? and why my hit value is so high when i had 14.97 hit chance.. ?
    I thought these values are calculated for my CURRENT gear.. not for any gear.. So how is my hit value can be so high.. i dont need any more hit but it says its realy important for me. and mastery value is so low ?? should i go for haste ? i m soft capped my haste at 12600 and stacked mastery. But it seems i should go for haste..
    One more question.. when im simulating, can i change my glyph without changing it ingame ? i wanna see if unglyphed icy veins is better or not for my gear..

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erion/advanced

And Here are the results..

http://tinypic.com/r/n5223k/5

No one can help me _?

Was looking for some insight on FoF procs. When I am bursting at the start of a fight I am using all my procs and all that. However, I was curious about after the initial burst at the start. Should I only be using my FoF procs when I have two of them up? I go with a mastery/haste build and I was thinking that it would be better to build icicles with frost bolt and frostfire bolts. I know icicles cannot be wasted and there is no need to track them. But with my build, I feel it would be better to be frost bolting and using my brain freeze procs. While only using FoF procs when I have two or if the buff is about to fade.