SimC is pointless for mages, I have no idea what Rawr is, and EJ is not the best site for mages, especially not frost. All frost talk happens here/Icy Veins.

2 haste>1 int atm so you always gem for pure haste or int /haste but never pure int.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Rawr. It's like AMR's big brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    SimC is pointless for mages, I have no idea what Rawr is, and EJ is not the best site for mages, especially not frost. All frost talk happens here/Icy Veins.

2 haste>1 int atm so you always gem for pure haste or int /haste but never pure int.
    Man wouldn't it be cool if someone put that into a guide somewhere... ohhhhh, right it's not stickied and is falling down the post list. We need some Altered Time to take care of this and deliver useful guides straight to the people who want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Man wouldn't it be cool if someone put that into a guide somewhere... ohhhhh, right it's not stickied and is falling down the post list. We need some Altered Time to take care of this and deliver useful guides straight to the people who want them.
    Yeah, too bad it still doesn't follow me... oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Yeah, too bad it still doesn't follow me... oh well.
    Akraen doesn't work during the weekends. I'll whip him if he doesn't start being active on that Twitter next week!

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanrael View Post
    Hey guys. Long time mage back after a long hiatus due to Cataclysm 25H burnout.

I plugged my toon into AMR, optimized my gear, and then loaded that character into SimCraft to figure out my proper stat weights. After that, I put those into AMR and re-optimized my gear again. You can see the log at: db.tt/QtMeVPbi (the first one is my current character, the second one is the optimized version).

SimCraft gives int a weight of over 2x any other secondary stat, while everything I've read here and on IcyVeins contradicts that. What's the deal?
    Mm, you're at a strange gear point. Your weapon and trinkets scream T14 levels of itemization, and the rest of your gear is sitting around mid-T15, so you're essentially sitting at the point just before where we started gemming secondary stats.

Deleted
    Hello guys, I have switched from Arcane to Frost for GaryboyHC progression. I hate to admit it, but this is the first time i see Arcane performing awfull, but w/e. I have a simple question-request if possible
    Does someone have a WA setup for icicles in a manner simmilar to rouge combo points or monk chi bar for icicles? I need some simple UI shizzle to just show me when i have 5 icicles(regardless of dmg stored) so i can discharge them and not waste/overwrite them.

P.S. I haven't played frost on my mage, except for CMs, but SoO and CM are quite different places to practice gameplay. You can even count it as i haven't played frost at all. My guild is currently progressing on phase 4 and i think i do fine(1st to 2nd on garry dps ), but i think i can do a bit more so any advices on the gear/gemings/optimizations etc, etc, frost tips and tricks for that encounter would be also appreciated ^-^

You do not need to track icicles. Arrrrghghhhhh.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Still... i want to do it, thats why i need it simple like monk chi bar :}
    Is it possible to be created such script however? i dont really have much expirience with WA or TMW
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-05-13 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Still... i want to do it :}
    Is it possible to be created such script however? i dont really have much expirience with WA or TMW
    You could probably create a custom LUA for WA string that updates a text/icon that has a counter in it. Any time an icicle generating spell lands, it adds +1 to the counter and updates the icon. (or bar. whatever) Then it reduces the counter to 0 every time you hit ice lance.

This would require you to go learn LUA though, or find a similar string and know enough about the syntax to edit it for icicles. Might also need to go read a decent bit about custom LUA strings in WA.

IIRC icicles are not explicitly recorded in the combat log, so I'm not sure if you can easily track them.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-05-13 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    This sounds quite complicated. What about a simple counter that is triggered only when i cast or press FB and FFB keybind and reset when i cast/press IL keybind? (or what i jsut wrote is exactly the same you typed, but with simpler wording)
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-05-13 at 12:23 PM.

This sounds quite complicated. What about a simple counter that is triggered only when i cast FB and FFB and reset when i hit IL?
    That's what I said to do. If WA has that functionality already built in (I don't really use it) without the need for a custom counter to be written, then it should be easy enough. (You want to do it on spell hits though, not casts.)

Deleted
    I guess ill have to forget about that idea for the moment x)

It was just that i switched midraid. Just reforged and regemed. I knew what i had in my bags and basic idea how gear setup should be, the haste i should aim for and that was it. I didn't knew what should be the rotation, except for the 2p BFFFB-FoFIL combo. Also i didn't knew that i do not lose icicles after the 5th one, so i discharged them as soon i was seeing 5 stacks. I thought it was the right thing to do, because after each attempt the damage done was looking good and icicles was my top damaging ability (i guess if im doing it right it should be).Also i have to note that i play noam and our tactic uses a lot of stacking on Garryboy (so basically everybody steps on me ) and i can hardly see how many icicles hover above my head.
    The reason i did the above was, as i said, me not knowing that i do not lose icicles and that the IL rng was quite bad for me. I had like a lot of times during the progression fights, where i just literally only spammed FB and occasionally reacted to Brain Freeze. That was the main reason i decided to use IL, regardless if i have FoF, to release the 5 stacks as soon as i get them and also pool them for damageonthemove and Invocation channel times, so i can do some damage when i basically can't (i am fan of BS so don't bother to "recommend" me IF ^-^ )
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2014-05-13 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    You could probably create a custom LUA for WA string that updates a text/icon that has a counter in it. Any time an icicle generating spell lands, it adds +1 to the counter and updates the icon. (or bar. whatever) Then it reduces the counter to 0 every time you hit ice lance.

This would require you to go learn LUA though, or find a similar string and know enough about the syntax to edit it for icicles. Might also need to go read a decent bit about custom LUA strings in WA.

IIRC icicles are not explicitly recorded in the combat log, so I'm not sure if you can easily track them.
    Better not glyph IV. Oh and how would you handle fight transitions? This has all been investigated and covered, mostly in this very thread... many times.

Deleted
    I do not have problem with transitions, especialy first - first or second on add damage (damn warlocks...). I was just asking if there is something intresting frost shinneningans for the fight, but given i have already saw first 3 phases and progressing on 4th i think there are not really any that i could not have figured out :}

Still... i want to do it, thats why i need it simple like monk chi bar :}
    But why? I don't understand. There's literally 0 reason for it.

Some people just want to know. ./shrug

But there's no reason to know XD dunno why anyone would waste screen space with it

He said up above that he wasn't aware that you couldn't waste icicles. If you only took a quick glance at the mastery then I wouldn't be surprised if you thought it worked like that.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    But there's no reason to know XD dunno why anyone would waste screen space with it
    It's best to go into Alter Time with five Icicles. I know that it's a bitch on some stacked fights to count them above your head, and sometimes you just lose track of counting casts before hand. The only issue with the aura that a friend and I were working on is the fact you can launch more than 5 with Ice Lance if you generate quick enough. All the other issues were dealt with.