Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanc View Post
    How much would you guys say the 4-peice bonus from T14 is worth? I'm currently at 492 ilvl (according to armory), but all my tier pieces except my pants are from LFR right now (bad luck even with Sha that I have done each week + bonus roll....) and I was wondering if it might be better to skip the bonus if I get my hand on some other individuality better parts? My guild is a casual guild, though we try to raid twice a week some takes the raids more lightly than others which reflects our result in progress. Hench no loot. We will still do the older raids and I might get my hands on some normal tier parts, but I wouldn't take that for granted. Should I stick with my tier parts until I can get my hands on T15, which as an example Askmrrobot suggests?

I will probably try out fire again when I get better gear, and the 4-pc isn't that great on fire?

The changes to frost in 5.2, especially the buff to frostbolt, devalued the T14 2p (12% to ice lance). In 5.1 it was an approx 3.5% increase, now its still a reasonable ~2.5% overall buff to your damage.

The T14 4p brings (glyphed) a flat 2.2% buff to your damage.

The T15 2p is pretty weak in my humble opinion, because it increase all your three secondary stats by 300 (1800 x 30s / 180s). With my gear (Ilvl 512) it looks as following (according to Simc 520-2):

Haste: 2.07 = 621 dps
    Crit: 2.17 = 639 dps
    Mastery: 1.83 = 549 dps

That is a total of 1809 dps. This is pretty napkin, because i didn´t (I just can´t, maybe Nathyiel could math that out, if we ask very politely) took intellect and haste procs from trinkets and professions into account (they should be usually up during and just after Alter Time), which devalues the T15 2p even more.

The T15 4p is a blast for frost. I suggest to keep T14 4p (try to replace your LFR pieces with 496s) and switch them if you get your hands on the full t15 4p.

Deleted
    I won't do math because it would be over complicating.
    For the 2 pieces T15, it's not the number that make it good. It's the time it proc. It boost all stat by 1800 just after AT, when you have 2 or 3 proc and the extented Buff reappear. It will increase them by 3% crit, 4.25% haste (already over cap) and a bumb of mastery when it useful. The number isn't great but it proc when you need it, making it good.
    For the 4 pieces T15, it will help a lot in reducing randomness in FoF proc. It's a huge priority in gearing.

As long as you don't have 4pT15, keep your 2pT14. But the priority is to obtain the 4 piece bonus as soon as possible. Maybe not, if it to change an Hm upgraded Head or Chest piece.

is it worthwhile for Frost to force water bolt casts for the pet? I know there's a lock pet that doesn't use its abilities as fast as it could and there's a DPS gain to macroing pet skills.

Deleted
    I think that macro "/petattack" can help a little. But it will be very little, like 1% of the pet's dps. If not less.
    But it will be more reactive.

you can check here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ressive-stance

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:41 PM ----------

and here too : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-my-elemental!

With the glyph + /petattack, it seems that the ele constantly resets his cast time of waterbolt. Removing the glyph made my elemental go from 9% of my DPS to 12%.

Deleted
    If it can be confirmed, it's an huge news here.

and what about glyph + /petpassive + /petattack to keep the cast while moving but with a increased DPS ?

I will try again tonight to check for sure. I was watching my elemental reset his cast animation continuously and never shoot when I was spamming my frostbolt macro during Lei Shen.

My current frostbolt macro may affect this though, not sure its optimal:

#showtooltip
    /cast Frostbolt
    /petattack
    /cast [@pettarget,exists]Waterbolt

Deleted
    it reset because you force to cast waterbolt but frostbolt have a shorter cast time.
    /petattack

Deleted
    Could anyone please tell me what should i buy from shadopan assault first? A ring or a trinket and is trinket good enough for frost mage? I am new at this forum so I cannot put any links for my armory, so please remove spaces before "/" and ".net" or simply just copy paste my nick name "Вагнерк" to armory. :/ http: //eu.battle. net/wow/en/character/%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81/%D0%92%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BA/advanced
    Would love to hear any other advises for my mage.

Any field crafters still having an issue with the using Frostbomb over Nether Tempest and putting on some crit over haste? (scroll back for my old posts if you need more background).

Here's my issue - It all looks good on simcraft - reforge to the optimal according to a mix of 4 fight types and go do some real deeps. Then, realize that my deeps is low (high 80's to low 100's each pull) on Maegara. Next, go check out what the top parses are doing and they're all stacking int/haste and using Nether tempest.

So in short - Why is there this big disconnect between top end guild mages and theorycrafters? I mean, if frostbomb was best on all fights, you would expect top players to know that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzster View Post
    -snip-
    Well most top end mages have heroic LotC or BotH. They obviously know what they're doing if they've changed from haste stacking to haste/int stacking.

Anyway here's my results from simming myself with various stat priorities:
    Code:
    Patchwerk - Frost Bomb
    int>2xhaste>crit = 120,444
    int>2xcrit>haste = 119,656
    2xhaste>int>crit = 120,129
    2xcrit>int>haste = 118,002

Patchwerk - Nether Tempest
    int>2xhaste>crit = 118,100
    int>2xcrit>haste = 117,146
    2xhaste>int>crit = 118,181
    2xcrit>int>haste = 115,625

Helter Skelter - Frost Bomb
    int>2xhaste>crit = 100,065
    int>2xcrit>haste = 99,138
    2xhaste>int>crit = 99,147
    2xcrit>int>haste = 97,715

Helter Skelter - Nether Tempest
    int>2xhaste>crit = 100,126
    int>2xcrit>haste = 98,892
    2xhaste>int>crit = 100,527
    2xcrit>int>haste = 97,559
    Once again it's very different to what I was expecting because back in 5.1 2xhaste>int>crit with nether tempest had a huge lead over everything else when simming helter skelter.

It really seems like until 9k+ haste we'll just be using int>2xhaste>crit.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I get that. The problem I had was that when I gemmed for haste, I got multiple readings of crit>haste. Now that I've gemmed int/crit, I get more readings of haste>crit.

This doesn't explain their choice of Nether Tempest over Frost Bomb though, or is that because of Heroic LotH and BotH?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzster View Post
    I get that. The problem I had was that when I gemmed for haste, I got multiple readings of crit>haste. Now that I've gemmed int/crit, I get more readings of haste>crit.

This doesn't explain their choice of Nether Tempest over Frost Bomb though, or is that because of Heroic LotH and BotH?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Well most top end mages have heroic LotC or BotH.
    I don't actually bother simming stat weights. I just sim every combination and look at the dps.

It takes longer to sim stat weights and they don't really tell you anything useful.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    In simulation, I prefer plot scaling to stat weight. But it need to be tweaked to increase both precision and range. And it take 10 or 20 times more times.

Deleted
    Hey guys, good news for mages: We will receive buffs tonight, but I have no idea how they want to buff frost mages with a passive without overbuffing in pvp. Hope they find a special solution for us, because I want to count on my frost mage for the progress. Let´s say a flat buff to our 90s will cause pvp problems

Deleted
    I see 3 possibility :
    >> L90 buff (like +20% for Invocation/Rop) but it won't be adapted to each spec.
    >> spell buff like Frostbolt, FFB or Waterbolt.
    >> mastery buff that could be the most interesting but might cause problem in PvP

I think it will be more about spell increase like 2% to FB and FFB

Deleted
    I hope they adress frostbolt ramp-up as well. Sp increase sounds good in the first place, but I do not hope too much to frostbolt. Would prefer IL or FFB due scaling. Or maybe a deep freeze comeback? I know a dream, but a good one *sigh* 2 million crits on horridon.

Deleted
    It's true, they can add Deep Freeze. It could help reduce Haste scaling by bringing up mastery.
    For DF to be a 5% increase, it would damage for :
    Damage per 30s : 200k*30 = 6000k
    IL damage : 200k damage
    DF damage : (6000*1.05 -200)/30 = (6300-200)/30 = 205k damage in average.
    A DF of 300k would be a 6% damage increase. It would need to be affected by IV glyph and mastery.
    (all number from SimC 15H)

I don't think they do it like that *sad*

Deleted
    Please teach me how to multidot effectevily. Is it worth multidoting while icy veins is active? and what if there so much targets that I will have no time to cast anything except NT, is it worth it?

Deleted
    If you have more than 4 targets, don't multi-dot and go with Frost bomb.

edit : I'm waiting for some number confirmation and I will update my post on Bomb comparison