Deleted
    T16 and AOE

It's just strike me, but Cone of Cold's damage is increase by Frozen Thought.
    I'm not sure about DPET for the moment (will change with tuning)
    At 5+ targets, gCoC is just behind bomb, before IL.
    At 3-4 targets, it will depend on IL's cleave DPET. If IL is better, cast it for using Frozen Thougth, else cast gCoC.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 6+ targets, not 5 !!!

As of today's ptr built, damage are like this :

• FoF-IL: (1935+1.86*sp)x2 +50% on a 2nd target
    • CoC: (397+0.318*sp) by target
    • gCoC: (1191+0.954*sp) by target
    • Blizzard: (336+0.367*sp) by target and by ticks
    • Flamestrike: (598.5 + 0.653*sp) = (474.5+0.518*sp)+(124+0.135*sp) direct damage + dot (2s*4) by target

on 4 targets:

1. FoF-IL : (5805 + 5.58*sp)
    2. gCoC: (4764 + 3.816*sp)
    3. FS: (2394 + 2.612*sp)
    4. Blizzard: (1344 + 1.468*sp)

on 5 targets:
    1. FoF-IL : (5805 + 5.58*sp)
    2. gCoC: (5955 + 4.77*sp)
    3. FS: (2992.5 + 3.265*sp)
    4. Blizzard: (1680 + 1.835*sp)

on 6 targets:
    1. gCoC: (7146 + 5.724*sp)
    2. FoF-IL : (5805 + 5.58*sp)
    3. FS: (3591 + 3.918*sp)
    4. Blizzard: (2016 + 2.202*sp)

on 9 targets:
    1. gCoC: (10.7k + 8.586*sp)
    2. FS: (5386 + 5.877*sp)
    3. FoF-IL : (5805 + 5.58*sp)
    4. Blizzard: (3024 + 3.303*sp)

on 16 targets:
    1. gCoC: (19k + 15.264*sp)
    2. FS: (9576 + 10.448*sp)
    3. Blizzard: (5376 + 5.872*sp)
    4. FoF-IL : (5805 + 5.58*sp)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget CoC is an awesome thing to spend a GCD on when moving.

I pretty much always have it glyphed.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the range of coc?

Deleted
    The fact that CoC(http://www.wowhead.com/item=69027) is increase by a set bonus is really good. It show they're concerned with our aoe.

I think, it's 35 Yd but not really sure of it.

Deleted
    Nearly always glyphed CoC? I nearly always play with the same 3 (IV, IL and WE)

IV is mandatory execpt for fights with heavy dot phases
    IL is mandatory because there are close to no fights in heroic modes without adds
    WE is priceless for heroic progression.

Would love to play with the other glyphs from time to time. Looking @ 5.4, there are 2 major blink glyphs and I have no idea how to use them as a frost mage. Fire and Arcane will always have 8 yards more blink range

If Blizzard would think for 5 cent, they would switch the effect of the glyphs with the baseline. IV baseline 20% more dmg and glyph gives 20% more haste, IL cleaves always and the glyph prevent it (thinking of spirit kings). WE should baseline and no glyph sould make it "dumber". We have a lot of elemental glyphs now, so this one can just go.

T16 2p is still buggy on PTR btw.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-08-12 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    T16, still bugged ?
    I'm in silvermoon, on Brill right now.

----
    I confirm glyphed IV + 2pT16 still bugged

- - - Updated - - -

more test :
    >> black blood can build to more than 8s (except with Frozen Orb).
    >> frigid blast can crit
    >> IL proc feel very rare without 4pT15. especially with Frost bomb making BF rotational.
    >> Frost bomb won't be an option. Even proving ground is NT/LB friendly.
    Last edited by mmocccfbebbec4; 2013-08-12 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Nearly always glyphed CoC? I nearly always play with the same 3 (IV, IL and WE)

IV is mandatory execpt for fights with heavy dot phases
    IL is mandatory because there are close to no fights in heroic modes without adds
    WE is priceless for heroic progression.

Would love to play with the other glyphs from time to time. Looking @ 5.4, there are 2 major blink glyphs and I have no idea how to use them as a frost mage. Fire and Arcane will always have 8 yards more blink range

If Blizzard would think for 5 cent, they would switch the effect of the glyphs with the baseline. IV baseline 20% more dmg and glyph gives 20% more haste, IL cleaves always and the glyph prevent it (thinking of spirit kings). WE should baseline and no glyph sould make it "dumber". We have a lot of elemental glyphs now, so this one can just go.

T16 2p is still buggy on PTR btw.
    I don't see why WE needs to be glyphed. Mine doesn't really die and I usually position it before the fight so it doesn't need to move.

Also Cone of Cold has a 10 yard range, 180 degree range of effect for those wondering. Little close for comfort sometimes but it's doable on Durumu while moving, for example.

Deleted
    I did a gazillion tests with this welly just when mop launched and it came out as a DPS loss without glyph even on tank and spank fights and I have no idea why. My welly holds casting from time to time without glyph for no reason. The funny thing is, I wouldn´t need it that often - jin'rok`s pool doesnt buff the welly is a shame btw.

I need Water Elemental glyph for movement reasons for: Horridon, Tortos, Primordius, Iron Qon, Twins and Lei Shen.

I could live without changes to WE and it´s glyph, but I really would like to see a change for IV and IL glyph.

@ Nathyiel

I was in bed 10 pm ^^ I have a tough time with my company atm, but we can meet on PTR for testing if you want. Could be interesting once number balancing started

*Edit*

Do you guys have talents you never or rarely switch for raiding in ToT?
    I literally never switched Tier 1 (Blazing Speed), I rarely switch Flameglow since we are on farm, I never switched Tier 3 (RoF), I rarely switch Tier 4 (Greater Invisibility), I often switch between NT and LB and I literally never switched Tier 6 (Invocation).
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-08-13 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    For Welly, the AI is different w/ or w/o glyph. W/ glyph, he chain cast a lot better. I don't if it was implemented in the W/o glyph version. The fact that it can stop for moving is a DPS loss in it-self. And with 5.4, it will be more important because waterbolt are bigger.
    >>> My biggest is to why did we have to paid a major glyph slot to only have HP increase and cast while moving. <<<

For talent, I rarely change now :
    • tier 1 - Ice Flow, BS if needed
    • tier 2 - IB, FG/TS if needed
    • tier 3 - RoF
    • tier 4 - IS, Cold Snap if needed
    • tier 5 - was FB, will be NT. I don't like LB. FB won't be an playable option in 5.4.
    • tier 6 - Invocation, RoP with Evoc glyph rarely.

Like Citizen, I use (IL/IW/WE) with sometime Evoc or Blink.

Deleted
    Talents:
    • tier 1 - Ice Flow or BS. I use BS for Ji Kun, Quon and Twins, rest Ice Flow
    • tier 2 - Mostly TS except for Quon and Lei Shen (N), where I use Barrier
    • tier 3 - RoF - there is really no fight where you need anything else
    • tier 4 - mostly Invis, Cold Snap on Jin'rokh and Quon and Cauterize on Horridon (which I play as Arc.) My general rule here is: when I need emergency defensive CD Invis, when I have to avoid something Cold Snap , otherwise either Cauterize for Healer-fails or Invis to avoid corpse-running
    • tier 5 - mainly NT now that I have 15845 haste. SimC tells me LB is still more dps, I have to test that. However, I feel NT feels smoother.
    • tier 6 - Invocation, RoP only for Arcane on Council

I use (IL/IW/WE) as standard setup. I switch to Blink glyph instead of IL for Durumu (N) and Animus (N) and to IB (instead of IL) for Jin'rokh.

I have the weirdest problem with my welly right now and I was hoping someone here would have had the same experience and they could help me solve it.

Whenever the pet is set to passive and not attacking, I can use pet freeze just fine.

However, if I press assist and it starts to attack, I can never get a pet freeze to work. I'm pressing the button and I see the icon "flash" like it does when you're pressing any other ability, but the green target area never pops up. I really hate this atm because pet freeze gives so much dps in dungeons and when doing dailies :S

So any ideas what the fuck is up with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    This sound really weird. Do you use any macros?

@ light4 and Nath,

seems like we all doesn´t change our talents very often. I would like to see a survey with many more participants, because I think nearly no one changes his talents often. I think many of the talents are tied to spec and personal customization.

Looking at the datamined patch notes tells me, they didn´t fix the T16 2p bug : /

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-

*Edit*

Do you guys have talents you never or rarely switch for raiding in ToT?
    I literally never switched Tier 1 (Blazing Speed), I rarely switch Flameglow since we are on farm, I never switched Tier 3 (RoF), I rarely switch Tier 4 (Greater Invisibility), I often switch between NT and LB and I literally never switched Tier 6 (Invocation).
    I've had the same as you pretty much. I switch to cold snap sometimes, but rarely. Greater Invis is too good, Blazing speed too good. Probably using Ice Floes in 5.4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I've had the same as you pretty much. I switch to cold snap sometimes, but rarely. Greater Invis is too good, Blazing speed too good. Probably using Ice Floes in 5.4.
    I'm the only mage that use IF from the start. it's an amazing talent if used correctly. And now, very useful for small movement. BS is good for big movement.

It's strange that there isn't any change at all for frost. I think they wait to see how the Fire's change is doing.

Deleted
    They wait for the crowd to accept the nerf to fire and then they throw out Deep Freeze: Inflicts [ 12,684 + 990% of Spell Power ] Frost damage if the target is stun immune. ^^
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-08-13 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    (12,684 + 990% of SP) * 2 (it crit with FoF) * 1.15 (invoc/rop) * 1.06 (amp trinket)

It's still a little short. it only did 996k damage on crit with 40k spell power.

edit: on 30s Cooldown, it's a 3.3k dps. not this big in fact.
    Last edited by mmocccfbebbec4; 2013-08-13 at 04:55 PM.

I'm the only mage that use IF from the start. it's an amazing talent if used correctly. And now, very useful for small movement. BS is good for big movement.
    Not the only one, never used anything but it as it's freakin nice :P

This sound really weird. Do you use any macros?

@ light4 and Nath,

seems like we all doesn´t change our talents very often. I would like to see a survey with many more participants, because I think nearly no one changes his talents often. I think many of the talents are tied to spec and personal customization.

Looking at the datamined patch notes tells me, they didn´t fix the T16 2p bug : /
    I just have /stopcasting macros for things like counterspell, and a /cancelaura ice block on my ice lance key.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nghui/advanced

What good use for me now? Frost armory or Mage armor?

Thank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NormadSoulII View Post
    My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nghui/advanced

What good use for me now? Frost armory or Mage armor?

Thank
    For the moment, nothing have change: frost armor.
    In 5.4, it's still not certain but we will still stack haste until around 50%.

@citizen: old deep freeze has a spell coef of 7.5 (750%) if I read correctly. From my souvenir, it was a x11 or x12 coef in raid with mastery.