Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you so much for the guide!

When should I start reforging/gemming for crit rather than for haste? With Frost Armor and Arcane Brilliance, i've got 19.67% haste and 15.30% crit... I find my crit a bit too low to be honest.

Deleted
    Haste will never be reforge in anything else.
    In T14, there's a point where the Crit cap can be obtained without having to reforge to crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That... doesn't make any sense.
    Well, then its obviously not written for you : )

Deleted
    Hi all,

I've run sims for my frost spec to determine stat weight, and I've noticed that stats varies depending on which bomb you pick.

As you know, taking Frost bomb in frost spec allows for more predictable and regular FFB procs. But it also seems to makes crit and mastery ahead of haste in term of stat weight according to SimCraft.

I've run three sims with Frost bomb and three sims with Nether tempest, both with the same gear and reforge and with 50k iterations.

Here are my results :

With Frost bomb

Sim 1 :
    Int 3.70
    SP 3.05
    Hit 3.64
    Crit 1.29
    Haste 1.09
    Mastery 1.14

Sim 2 :
    Int 3.69
    SP 3.04
    Hit 3.67
    Crit 1.28
    Haste 1.05
    Mastery 1.12

Sim 3 :
    Int 3.69
    SP 3.04
    Hit 3.67
    Crit 1.27
    Haste 1.05
    Mastery 1.13

With Nether tempest

Sim 1:
    Int 3.59
    SP 2.96
    Hit 2.79
    Crit 1.22
    Haste 1.58
    Mastery 1.02

Sim 2:
    Int 3.61
    SP 2.96
    Hit 2.78
    Crit 1.20
    Haste 1.59
    Mastery 1.03

Sim 3:
    Int 3.56
    SP 2.96
    Hit 2.79
    Crit 1.22
    Haste 1.59
    Mastery 1.06

Didn't test Living bomb, but it's probably the same thing as NT.

Here are the stats i've done my sim with :
    intellect=12302
    spellpower=5151
    expertise rating=348
    hit rating=4742
    crit rating=3501
    haste rating=5704
    mastery rating=980

Could anyone confirm my results?

TL;DR :
    If you are playing with Frost bomb, you probably should aim for crit cap first and then haste,
    If you are playing with LB or NT, stack haste.
    Needs confirmation by other users.

Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    Hi all,

I've run sims for my frost spec to determine stat weight, and I've noticed that stats varies depending on which bomb you pick.

As you know, taking Frost bomb in frost spec allows for more predictable and regular FFB procs. But it also seems to makes crit and mastery ahead of haste in term of stat weight according to SimCraft.

[...]

Could anyone confirm my results?

TL;DR :
    If you are playing with Frost bomb, you probably should aim for crit cap first and then haste,
    If you are playing with LB or NT, stack haste.
    Needs confirmation by other users.
    That does not seem to make sense if anything else because Frost Bomb benefits from Haste for both reducing CD and countdown.

Deleted
    That does not seem to make sense if anything else because Frost Bomb benefits from Haste for both reducing CD and countdown.
    I thought that too, I'd like someone to run sims to confirm my results.

i tried it again and had the same results

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost bomb in my current gear, with 6.2k haste, is still showing haste above the others. 1.41 to 1.26 on crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Frost bomb in my current gear, with 6.2k haste, is still showing haste above the others. 1.41 to 1.26 on crit.
    I currently have the same amount of haste that you do (6289), but I see that you're not using the IV glyph, aren't we supposed to use it at this rate?, or is just testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have it? Shows in my armoury too, not sure what's wrong on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Well, then its obviously not written for you : )
    It doesn't make any sense because nothing you said has any actual effect. Frost Bomb detonates a second later, that's it. You dont get more BF procs, you don't cast it any more often or anything.

Unless you're dealing with a group of enemies that you barely still hit before the change, this will not do anything worth of notice. It certainly won't allow you to do more damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It doesn't make any sense because nothing you said has any actual effect. Frost Bomb detonates a second later, that's it. You dont get more BF procs, you don't cast it any more often or anything.

Unless you're dealing with a group of enemies that you barely still hit before the change, this will not do anything worth of notice. It certainly won't allow you to do more damage.
    Maybe u missunderstood me, because english is not my mother tongue. I count casts and gcds during the cooldown of frost bomb (for example: 2 Frostbolts and 4 GCDs = complete frost bomb cooldown till 50% haste) Nothing has changed overall but in the way I count and track my casts during frost bomb cooldown. Thats all

Deleted
    Kuni,
    i was just wondering when ispecting your armory that you are using light of the cosmos trinket and at the same time
    have frost bomb as your option for mage bomb. correct me if i am wrong but i thought that frost bomb doesnt procc light of the cosmos and apart from mage bombs frost mages dont have any other dots? i am asking because i have this trinket as well and i am curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Maybe u missunderstood me, because english is not my mother tongue. I count casts and gcds during the cooldown of frost bomb (for example: 2 Frostbolts and 4 GCDs = complete frost bomb cooldown till 50% haste) Nothing has changed overall but in the way I count and track my casts during frost bomb cooldown. Thats all
    How is that a buff?

Deleted
    Because I seperate the cooldown for me in "before and after the proc/explotion". Now I would never cast BF FFB before refresh Frost Bomb. Very slight, but a buff to me ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obanas View Post
    Kuni,
    i was just wondering when ispecting your armory that you are using light of the cosmos trinket and at the same time
    have frost bomb as your option for mage bomb. correct me if i am wrong but i thought that frost bomb doesnt procc light of the cosmos and apart from mage bombs frost mages dont have any other dots? i am asking because i have this trinket as well and i am curious about it.
    I run frost bomb for dailies because I prefer exploding things. I lose the proc, but I don't give a damn. For raids/5 mans I run NT.

Deleted
    How competitive is frost over fire and arcane, specifically for fights like Elegon and Will of the Emperor.

As a spec I must say I prefer Frost by a million miles over RNG fire. My luck is some where between bugger all and jack shit, so fire sucks for me massively.

Frost is better than Arcane in most cases.
    Frost is better than Fire depending on your personal playstyle and skillset, though Fire by all accounts appears to have a higher maximum damage potential.

Thanks for the great guide!

I want to ask for advice. I’ve encountered a problem during Elegon (10N) encounter. I have a problem starting the fight and doing the low amount of damage during the P1, as it seems every single DPS other than me doing better burst damage at the start.
    I’m usually starting the fight like that: Evocation (Invocation) right before pull then Frozen Orb -> Frost Bomb -> Frostbolt till x3 debuff -> Icy Veins + Alter Time -> Ice Lance and Frostfire on procs + Frostbolt as filling.
    After that, using Freeze, IV, Frozen Orb, Frost Bomb and Mirror Image on cooldowns.

I’m not sure what am I doing wrong exactly during this fight start rotation but usually I’m the one with the lowest burst and DPS for the whole P1. After P1 I’m also stuck on ~95k DPS which as I can see on WoL isn’t good enough also.

My stats the moment:
    Intellect 14442
    Mastery 22.16%
    Spell Power 19584
    Haste 12.26% (5209)
    Hit 14.01% (+1% from racial)
    Crit 12.33% (3434)

Burning Primal Diamond , Windsong, No T14 bonus, Have +5% Haste bonus in raid.
    Glyphs: Glyph of Icy Veins, Glyph of Icy Lance, Glyph of Water Elemental.

I've tried reforging as much haste as possible but ended up with exactly same result during Elegon encounter.
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2012-10-30 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Thanks for the great guide!

I’m not sure what am I doing wrong exactly during this fight start rotation but usually I’m the one with the lowest burst and DPS for the whole P1. After P1 I’m also stuck on ~95k DPS which as I can see on WoL isn’t good enough also.
    I haven't done this on normal yet, is that really low? Seems like very good to me.