Page 8 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Awesome! Brb, making new macro

/cast Alter Time
    /y I am the Doctor!

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking lol'd hard. I should just replace the guide with that image. Especially love the dalaran brilliance part, I do that with the other mages in my group all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I get stuck in the Arcane Brilliance vs. Dalaran Brilliance loop all throughout an entire boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Sometimes I get stuck in the Arcane Brilliance vs. Dalaran Brilliance loop all throughout an entire boss fight.
    Happens to me on LFR all the time. Don't they know I paid money for this?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Man, can I put a link to that somewhere in the guide? That's just amazing. My guild loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure! All yours. You can edit out my name from the rank thing if you want - just was doing it to be silly, since everyone will always rank as frost

Do you find yourself having to force Fingers of frost procs via pet freeze more often than getting charges from Frostbolt?
    Or is it working as intended and we are not supposed to get tons of FoF procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt and Frozen Orb (other than the first hit which is 100%) have a 12% chance to generate a FoF charge. So on a single target fight the gain from frostbolt and frostfire bolt should probably be only slightly higher than the gain from Freeze. If you use only Bomb, FrBolt and FFBolt between two Freeze casts, statistically you should gain 2-3 FoF charges.

Deleted
    So I have managed to hit the 25% haste (Raid buffed) "cap".
    I have been using MrRobot for the reforges and whatnot because I have been lazy and so far it has worked out fairly well. Though now that I have reached this cap it keeps telling me to reforge crit > haste and such. I am currently at 23.29% haste unbuffed. Should I look into being less of a slacker and doing my own reforges to get more crit instead of haste? (Crit being at 14.98% self-buffed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post
    Do you find yourself having to force Fingers of frost procs via pet freeze more often than getting charges from Frostbolt?
    Or is it working as intended and we are not supposed to get tons of FoF procs?
    Water Elemental freeze should be used on cooldown before 5.1. If you know you won't have to wait more than 5ish seconds on a multitarget fight where adds will be in close enough proximity to gain two charges, then you can wait to maximize FoF from Freeze. Waiting for Frostbolt to proc FoF will be a DPS loss-- use Freeze! I bind mine to 'F' key because F is for Freeze and Freeze is for Fingers of Frost. So many F's. You will sometimes get overwhelmed and waste FoF when you use Frozen Orb-- so you may wish to time your WE Freeze to be before and after the orb is out. Also do not allow your Frostbolt x3 debuff on the target to drop.

Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt and Frozen Orb (other than the first hit which is 100%) have a 12% chance to generate a FoF charge. So on a single target fight the gain from frostbolt and frostfire bolt should probably be only slightly higher than the gain from Freeze. If you use only Bomb, FrBolt and FFBolt between two Freeze casts, statistically you should gain 2-3 FoF charges.
    Both can be used simultaneously - just to clarify on your point. WE Freeze has nothing to do with your casting, it's your WE doing it. So you can hit your keybind and position it on the ground while you are mid-cast with Frostbolt. Takes some finesse.

So I have managed to hit the 25% haste (Raid buffed) "cap".
    I have been using MrRobot for the reforges and whatnot because I have been lazy and so far it has worked out fairly well. Though now that I have reached this cap it keeps telling me to reforge crit > haste and such. I am currently at 23.29% haste unbuffed. Should I look into being less of a slacker and doing my own reforges to get more crit instead of haste? (Crit being at 14.98% self-buffed)
    Currently I am getting the best results simply using ReforgeLite and ignoring the shatter cap. (I use values: 200 Haste, 100 crit, 2 mastery, hit to 5100). Theoretically you could pull ahead on a non-stop cleave fight like Amber Shaper Un'sock if you go shatter cap, however haste will always be the best stat. My advice to you is to not try to be creative with reforging: HASTE HASTE HASTE.
    Last edited by Akraen; 2012-11-08 at 05:43 PM. Reason: added reforgelite value clarifications

Deleted
    Ah, thank you! I was just curious since the stat priority I have read is basically something like int > hit to cap > haste to cap > crit to cap > more haste or something.
    But this clears it up, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Water Elemental freeze should be used on cooldown before 5.1.
    What is changing in 5.1 in regards to this?

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:11 AM ----------

nvm read patch notes, water jet yay

Which is the best race for frost mage?
    Worgen or Pandaren?
    Also, how does it compare to Troll racial Berserking?

Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    Ah, thank you! I was just curious since the stat priority I have read is basically something like int > hit to cap > haste to cap > crit to cap > more haste or something.
    But this clears it up, thanks!
    There is no haste cap. Where did you get that stat priority from?

10+ Year Old Account
    The soft haste cap when the frostbolt cast time under heroism and icy veins becomes less than 1.0 second, which is the cap at which it is recommended to activate the glyph of icy veins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The soft haste cap when the frostbolt cast time under heroism and icy veins becomes less than 1.0 second, which is the cap at which it is recommended to activate the glyph of icy veins.
    Can you please read the guide on the first post. It's clear enough.
    Frost mage need to glyph Icy Veins when they have more then 25% haste (raid buff) when the GCD is capped at 1s with Icy Veins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Can you please read the guide on the first post. It's clear enough.
    Frost mage need to glyph Icy Veins when they have more then 25% haste (raid buff) when the GCD is capped at 1s with Icy Veins.
    I stand corrected. Was sure it was combined with heroism in the theory :O

So, after a long time of consideration, I eventually dropped Frost Bomb for Nether Tempest since I had the Light of the Cosmos trinket, and I read that it's better to do so, so there. Now, on single target fights or fights with 1 or 2 extra adds, applying Nether Tempest to everything is not a big deal. However, I am wondering how I should tackle fights with a lot of adds, more concretely Wind Lord Mel'Jarak. With Frost Bomb, it was just "keep nuking a specific target and the AoE comes", but with Nether Tempest, do I want to DoT every add up before doing anything else? 'Cause then I do practically nothing but casting Nether Tempest. Or should I just do the same as with Frost Bomb, but Fire Blast (on cd)? Or maybe Living Bomb is more suitable for this fight?

I consider myself a pretty decent frost mage, and we also managed to kill Mel'Jarak yesterday with me getting a good log, but I know I can improve if I understand Nether Tempest and Living Bomb a bit better. I loved Frost Bomb so before I had the trinket I didn't use anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Katelina View Post
    So, after a long time of consideration, I eventually dropped Frost Bomb for Nether Tempest since I had the Light of the Cosmos trinket, and I read that it's better to do so, so there. Now, on single target fights or fights with 1 or 2 extra adds, applying Nether Tempest to everything is not a big deal. However, I am wondering how I should tackle fights with a lot of adds, more concretely Wind Lord Mel'Jarak. With Frost Bomb, it was just "keep nuking a specific target and the AoE comes", but with Nether Tempest, do I want to DoT every add up before doing anything else? 'Cause then I do practically nothing but casting Nether Tempest. Or should I just do the same as with Frost Bomb, but Fire Blast (on cd)? Or maybe Living Bomb is more suitable for this fight?

I consider myself a pretty decent frost mage, and we also managed to kill Mel'Jarak yesterday with me getting a good log, but I know I can improve if I understand Nether Tempest and Living Bomb a bit better. I loved Frost Bomb so before I had the trinket I didn't use anything else.
    Not sure about anyone else, but for that fight I run with Living Bomb with glyphed Inferno Blast. You probably could run any bomb though with ok results, it just seems like LB+IB would perform the best.