Page 9 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Not sure about anyone else, but for that fight I run with Living Bomb with glyphed Inferno Blast. You probably could run any bomb though with ok results, it just seems like LB+IB would perform the best.
    Yeah I was gonna try that next lockout, I feel a bit dumb 'cause I forgot that Glyph of Fire Blast kinda exists so didn't test that with Nether Tempest. Does anyone else have some considerations about which bomb to use in heavy multi-target occassions where you can't use Frost Bomb (damn trinket!!)?

I ran the numbers and it appears NT comes out on top due to looking really cool. But in all seriousness, I was curious if there was an established strat to using NT with multiple targets, do we just dot up to three or so targets or tab dot for more?

That's what I'm wondering too, on Mel'Jarak you would just do nothing else but cast Nether Tempest on each add... And I do agree, it looks really cool!

On Mel'Jarak you're probably better served with Living Bomb for precisely that reason, the explosion is likely to hit harder on groups of clustered mobs than the duplicated ticks and it doesn't stop you from performing your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanth View Post
    Very good guide Gonna give frost a shoot now :P

*You have a small typo = "Frost uses frost armour" Should be Armor I believe
    Actually that is not really incorrect. Both spellings are right....it is just that 'armor' is American English, and 'armour' is British English.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Sometimes I get stuck in the Arcane Brilliance vs. Dalaran Brilliance loop all throughout an entire boss fight.
    Same. I always win. I'd rather be the lowest dps than run with Arcane Brilliance.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Happens to me on LFR all the time. Don't they know I paid money for this?
    The classic version is superior. Hence why I still use Polymorph: Sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

And you have the nerve to call yourself a mage...

now if Dalaran Brilliance gave me 5% haste and not crit i be all over this..but till that day comes i could give a darn if its arcane or dal brilliance

Watersoul signet is 1 of our BiS ring for real? Got it off mrrobot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yotsuba View Post
    Watersoul signet is 1 of our BiS ring for real? Got it off mrrobot.
    Yes it is because its ilvl 516 and it has haste on it. You can just reforge the spirit to crit. The 2nd best ring is the ilvl 509 fragment of fear made flesh. In 4.3 The best neck was the healer one so it's not that strange for mages to use some gear with spirit on it.

Yeah blizz failed to make a second dps caster ring in T14, the next highest ilvl one you can get is 496 off Galleon (lol good luck with that anyway)

I feel like pointing out though, that just because its BiS you should NOT try to take it over your healers - that would be incredibly selfish and counter-productive for your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah blizz failed to make a second dps caster ring in T14, the next highest ilvl one you can get is 496 off Galleon (lol good luck with that anyway)

I feel like pointing out though, that just because its BiS you should NOT try to take it over your healers - that would be incredibly selfish and counter-productive for your raid.
    The new faction has a 496 haste crit ring for valor points at honored now.

I would rather cut my own achilles tendon than do another of these awful MoP reps

Looks like you're either going to have to maim yourself or use a spirit ring, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather cut my own achilles tendon than do another of these awful MoP reps
    It's not that bad. I don't mind the extra VP from the 5 dailies. It's about 20 days to get exalted. About 13-14 for revered.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Looks like you're either going to have to maim yourself or use a spirit ring, then.
    I've tentatively retired my mage until they nerf fire actually :P

I'm not saying you shouldnt use the spirit ring, just that your healers should get it first. Hopefully that's obvious to everyone anyway haha

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    It's not that bad. I don't mind the extra VP from the 5 dailies. It's about 20 days to get exalted. About 13-14 for revered.
    At 1375 per day for shado-pan it takes 9 days to go from honored to revered, and I'm pretty sure you start at neutral, so 13 days sounds wrong - not to mention you need lotus revered.
    edit: oops realized you're probably talking about the new dailies not the old ones, well scratch that then

In any case to each their own, its cool that you dont mind dailies. I however hate them passionately, have no interest in the lore, no interest in the cosmetic rewards, hate every tabard in the game except tabard of the lightbringer.. so you can imagine my chagrin to find that mages are all but forced to do dailies to get a stupid ring because blizzard is A) too fucked to include the correct amount of each piece of gear in the raids or B) passive-aggressively forcing people to do dailies
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-11-30 at 09:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 1375 per day for shado-pan it takes 9 days to go from honored to revered, and I'm pretty sure you start at neutral, so 13 days sounds wrong - not to mention you need lotus revered.
    edit: oops realized you're probably talking about the new dailies not the old ones, well scratch that then

In any case to each their own, its cool that you dont mind dailies. I however hate them passionately, have no interest in the lore, no interest in the cosmetic rewards, hate every tabard in the game except tabard of the lightbringer.. so you can imagine my chagrin to find that mages are all but forced to do dailies to get a stupid ring because blizzard is A) too fucked to include the correct amount of each piece of gear in the raids or B) passive-aggressively forcing people to do dailies
    I should have mentioned I don't like dailies either. WoW for a lot of things is a chore that you do for the reward. I like getting gear and achievements and the satisfaction from getting these is enough for me to do the boring things required to get them.

The effort required to cap vp each week is my biggest gripe with mop. I've got pandaren ambassador and my thundering ruby cloud serpent and refuse to go back and do dailies for vp.

I agree wow is absolutely terrible at telling story because I have no desire to sit around reading blocks of text. It's one of the reasons I've been playing SWTOR once I've done my dailies and my daily dungeon I do for vp.

Should I go for socket bonus @ yellow socket with 60mastery bonus?
    That would come down to 80 int vs 160haste + 60mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Should I go for socket bonus @ yellow socket with 60mastery bonus?
    That would come down to 80 int vs 160haste + 60mastery.
    You would need your stat weights to be sure but I would say you can safely gem a red gem and lose the socket bonus.