Page 10 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Question about tier set for Frost. Which of the slots would be our off-set piece? And is it different if you are looking at normal BiS vs heroic BiS?

I believe it's the legs, however they drop from heroic Sha and BiS lists including drops from what is nominally the hardest boss are always a little iffy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the BiS list from 5.0. I'm not sure if anything has changed because of item upgrades but I don't feel like doing sims for a few hours to find out :P

Head: Hood of the Burning Scroll
    Neck: Worldwaker Cachabon
    Shoulders: Mantle of the Burning Scroll
    Back: Cloak of Overwhelming Corruption
    Chest: Robes of the Burning Scroll
    Wrist: Twisting Wind Bracers
    Hands: Gloves of the Burning Scroll
    Waist: Belt of Malleable Amber
    Legs: Dreadwoven Leggings of Failure
    Feet: Sandals of the Blackest Night
    Ring 1: Fragment of Fear Made Flesh
    Ring 2: Watersoul Signet
    Trinket 1: Light of the Cosmos
    Trinket 2: Essence of Terror
    Weapon: Loshan, Terror Incarnate
    Off-Hand: Tornado-Summoning Censer

The only reason you would change it is if you were using frost bomb instead of nether tempest in which case you would swap light of the cosmos for relic of yu'lon. This is also why relic of yu'lon is bis on a lot of the other bis lists because frost bomb sims better on patchwerk fights which this expansion don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I believe it's the legs, however they drop from heroic Sha and BiS lists including drops from what is nominally the hardest boss are always a little iffy.
    Yes it is the legs as you can see by the list.

A BiS list is about what's best in slot not what's realistically obtainable. As usual simming your own gear will be most reliable.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is calculating that BiS?

Why would you put the sha pants in there when if you use Xaril's you're getting haste on 2 items rather than 1? Tier helm doesn't have haste. Also it requires you kill heroic sha which is so far away for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post

Why would you put the sha pants in there when if you use Xaril's you're getting haste on 2 items rather than 1? Tier helm doesn't have haste. Also it requires you kill heroic sha which is so far away for many people.
    Best in Slot doesn't mean, "easy to acquire".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiorda View Post
    Best in Slot doesn't mean, "easy to acquire".
    I've been raiding since 2005. I think I understand that. That's just an additional point to people who are going to be realistic about gear they can acquire in a reasonable timeframe.

My question is legitamite. Why would you forego all that haste? I'm not buying the sims used to calculate BiS.

I've been raiding since 2005. I think I understand that. That's just an additional point to people who are going to be realistic about gear they can acquire in a reasonable timeframe.

My question is legitamite. Why would you forego all that haste? I'm not buying the sims used to calculate BiS.
    It might have something to do with hit cap? Dunno, haven't calculated it but it'd seem like that'd be the most logical reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging out of mastery isn't a big deal, though. And Loshan has +hit, whereas Jin'ya doesn't, so you're picking it up there.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly I had a played around in rawr for a bit to see what I could find was best. I know it's not the best but the amount of sims required to find it out in simcraft is not worth the enormous time it would take. I figured it was about right after seeing it was the same as the simcraft frost bis list except I had put the elite watersoul signet in instead of the normal one.

As for the need to kill heroic sha well a lot of that other gear isn't easy to get either. It's a BiS not a "realistic to aquire" list.

By all means feel free to improve it :P
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

So what are people using with movement fights in order to maintain damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asapvike View Post
    So what are people using with movement fights in order to maintain damage?
    With procs and NT movement is pretty easy with frost but I'll use scorch if I really need to. I don't like using Ice Floes because it was buggy with how I play (spamming the key waiting for the gcd means I lost the 2nd charge most of the time).
    Armory

This is a great guide!

Deleted
    I have a question or 2 concerning the IV Glyph.
    I am well over the IV cap but what if i just dont use IV during timewarp, i know its 20% dmg buff for 20 sec but does that compensate for the times i would use it outside of TW. And does each of those 3 small bolts have its own proc for FoF?

Deleted
    With IV glyph,

• each mini-bolt count toward damage's calculation and crit chance
    • only the first mini-bolt count for trinket, enchant, FoF, and others effect's proc.

This glyph is very effective with TW/blood/hero because of the huge haste boost.
    At the haste breakpoint (25% full buff), using IV (no glyph) and TW at the same time will result in 95% haste.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fegi View Post
    I have a question or 2 concerning the IV Glyph.
    I am well over the IV cap but what if i just dont use IV during timewarp, i know its 20% dmg buff for 20 sec but does that compensate for the times i would use it outside of TW.
    It should, yes.

And does each of those 3 small bolts have its own proc for FoF?
    No, but there is a multiplier on the chance to proc it from frostbolt while active.

Hi there kuni, do you mind adding on the guide how we should do the opening, I know I''ve seen it somewhere but don't recall where.

Or perhaps is there and I haven't noticed.

Deleted
    As a new frost mage (played fire until the big nerf) I have some questions regarding trinkets. Atm I'm using the Sha trinket (Normal) & Relic of Yu'lon. In my bag I have the Elegon trinket (Normal). Is this the right decision, shall I use sha & relic or should I change any of them for the elegon trinket?

According to Simulationcraft Sha HC + Relic is BiS for frost, so you should use the ones you have right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mielo View Post
    As a new frost mage (played fire until the big nerf) I have some questions regarding trinkets. Atm I'm using the Sha trinket (Normal) & Relic of Yu'lon. In my bag I have the Elegon trinket (Normal). Is this the right decision, shall I use sha & relic or should I change any of them for the elegon trinket?
    With those 2 trinkets, you have the optimum for frost now (if you obtain sha hc, content is over ), don´t use elegon hc trinket and don´t use NT. Use Frost Bomb on nearly every encounter, only use LB with 3 or 4 adds and NT on bosses like will of the emporer (spreaded adds).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Use Frost Bomb on nearly every encounter, only use LB with 3 or 4 adds and NT on bosses like will of the emporer (spreaded adds).
    Can you explain why exactly please ??

In my head its : 1 Target = NT // 2-5 Target = LB // 5+ Target = FB
    What am i missing ?? (playing Frost)