The Shatter ability means that your Brain Freeze and Fingers of Frost spells only need a crit rating of something around 28% before they will crit 100% of the time on bosses. This includes raid buffs.
    After that, crit rating only boosts the power of your Frostbolts and Waterbolts, and that's much less useful than your proc spells.

I would love to find out what the dmg looks like for frost in the current build besides the 10% dmg lost from invocation talent we gained a 25% dmg buff to frostbolt and now a 23% spell power scaling to it?

That being said how does frost look going into 5.2 as it stands yes there's some time still to change things really maybe its just me and it would break PvP but would like to see something implemented for IL and FFB to gain more dmg base off Crit like a destro lock (sigh me and my wishful thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by Icesage View Post
    I would love to find out what the dmg looks like for frost in the current build besides the 10% dmg lost from invocation talent we gained a 25% dmg buff to frostbolt and now a 23% spell power scaling to it?
    From what i understood the scaling change is for the healing part only.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    i saw that healing part as well but also saw this one under it

Frostbolt damage and SP scaling increased by 23%. (on the front page at the moment)

You understand wrong, I'm afraid.

Well, just keep in mind that this is data mining. It might end up just being a tooltip change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just keep in mind that this is data mining. It might end up just being a tooltip change.
    I doubt it. Frost needed a buff and arcane needed a nerf. These changes just seem very logical.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Samanth View Post
    Very good guide Gonna give frost a shoot now :P

*You have a small typo = "Frost uses frost armour" Should be Armor I believe
    Irony of you saying he has small typo is funny, "Gonna give frost a shoot now:P" Should be "shot"

Not to mention that "armour" is just the british spelling of "armor".

Don't turn this into armour vs armor again please!

Deleted
    Little information : the +23% sp scaling is for both damage and WE's heal. So Frostbolt now scale for 191% spell power !!!

It's logical since they want Frost mage to cast more FB and in line with FoF proc change.
    On twitter, Lhiv have calculate it to be a +3%-5% buff on perfect rotation. I found similar number myself. SimC will tell much accurate number and we need to recalculate all scaling number.

Now, I'm on checking the legendary meta.
    For passive, it's 314 crit to compare with 216 intel. To have the same value, crit scaling need to be superior or equal to 1.5.
    For the +30%/10s proc, I don't have ICD, PPM or up-time. So I can see if it's better or not than the 3% crit's damage. But I'm curious about uptime just to check with bloodlust, etc.
    >> In fact, we will floor 1s caping on frostbolt if it's proc at the same time than TW, haste trinket, IV (unglyph), etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Now, I'm on checking the legendary meta.
    For passive, it's 314 crit to compare with 216 intel. To have the same value, crit scaling need to be superior or equal to 1.5.
    For the +30%/10s proc, I don't have ICD, PPM or up-time. So I can see if it's better or not than the 3% crit's damage. But I'm curious about uptime just to check with bloodlust, etc.
    >> In fact, we will floor 1s caping on frostbolt if it's proc at the same time than TW, haste trinket, IV (unglyph), etc.
    I don't think blizz has said wether the legendary meta will replace the standard one yet or not have they?

Either way we're going to have delay hero until the proc runs out if we're using the legendary meta as its just a waste of haste to have them both up at once.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Deleted
    Quick calculation.
    With Frost Armor, raid haste buff and stuff, we will be between 30% and 35% haste.

• base haste - 30% - 35% >> 69% / 75.5%
    • IV (unglyph) - 56% - 62% >> 102.8% / 110.6%
    • 8k trinket - 51% - 56% >> 96.3% / 102.8%
    • Timewarp - 69% - 75.5% >> 119.7% / 128.15%

10+ Year Old Account
    With so many trinket options we should be able to swap out the 8k haste trinket pretty quickly and we'll probably need to.

I think your estimate of 30-35% haste raid buffed is a bit low since 5.2 bis is around 49% raid buffed and current bis is around 43% raid buffed.

By the time we get the legendary gem progression raiders will probably have about 40% haste.
    Armory

Deleted
    I go for 35% in thinking that Crit capping can be a better option. I could have take 40%.

But even if we retain a 45% raid buffed haste, it will be 49.75% with T15 proc and every haste proc/raid mechanics/... will result in a past 50% cap.
    They're only 4 heroic trinket. 2 of them feel poor (100% crit/s and proc on DoT) but the other 2 feel really good (proc on crit and staking intel).
    It's why I think that crit capping will be more a priority than stacking haste.

note :
    49% haste with BiS means 50.49% on a Goblin.
    the 50% haste cap will result in a 95% haste with the meta gem proc.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 10:59 AM ----------

In fact, they will need to do major change in 5.3/5.4 because of the double capping problem (crit & haste)

Little information : the +23% sp scaling is for both damage and WE's heal. So Frostbolt now scale for 191% spell power !!!

It's logical since they want Frost mage to cast more FB and in line with FoF proc change.
    On twitter, Lhiv have calculate it to be a +3%-5% buff on perfect rotation. I found similar number myself. SimC will tell much accurate number and we need to recalculate all scaling number.
    Out of interest, how does this effect the strength of Frost Bomb compared to NT and LB?

Deleted
    Simply by the fact that Frost Bomb is ahead in dps single target and far more better to use as Frost because of the predictable BF proc.

How. Not why.

Deleted
    FB means frostbolt, not frostbomb.

edit> I will calculate trinket uptime and average buff for each 3 spec tomorrow morning. if nobody do it before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply by the fact that Frost Bomb is ahead in dps single target and far more better to use as Frost because of the predictable BF proc.
    Except for the fact that current trinkets on live force you to use nether tempest and there's a chance it will happen again in 5.2.

edit> I will calculate trinket uptime and average buff for each 3 spec tomorrow morning. if nobody do it before.
    I would like to see this very much as it will determine our bomb choice.
    Armory