Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    God I understand nothing of the previous posts.

Anyway.

I'm just starting playing my frost mage and I have to say... god... it is awful at low gear level. Should I stick to it or am I a masochist ?
    Why is the level 90 talents so boring and annoying ? Oh you have to cast/channel a thing every minute... so fun ! Btw, any chance there is an addon or anything else that can track the buff for me ? I use evocation and sometimes i forgot that the buff is gone :/

And the guide is still correct ? hit cap > haste > mastery ?
    Get yourself the WeakAura Addon and import this string:
    Code:
    dWdCeaGEHK2LssBJIyMcbMRsvZgQlt6tcr9yP6Bkj6We2jv1Er7wX(bf)eedts14eICEqAOkPAWkvgUKCqHkNMshduDojLwOsSuLsTyHqworpuiupv1YKu8CGPPuYufmzQ00fDrkQRkKQNPu46uLnQu0jLsBwI2Uu8rLe(UqkFMcZtOQ)kHBtfJwOOXRKYLec6wcfUMqP7jK43qUjO0RPinHZaVLVDsvwk66(2oAa7FLIXfXj7IrlIt2fJwFdEap8v3A1vUAS8DgOpCg4lrtEBuv6xZw8Uwqfwa9POBkGpcR4xdszjqt6hdtQLhKIUPG1r2j5JyZ(bZBZlvdlAcqRuEBhn8qHuwc0K(1eBK4hpNG0AyOsa9HZl8seJiERlF70G6I0Igy2TT6iSJDm4tP1WqLmWJI2azWq5cVhq3wD4cVuD4JLxQoqQuPirs(45hHJcyG(W5BNgKPQmYay2zEuPbuM8DpqICkIP1v5tRJ6YKVenjVzCt0BHz3MOj5DTGkSaABhn8TtQYsrx332rdypOsX4cHSlgTqi7IrRVbpgjCzG3dOfyTrXCHpfyDs6d3eEpGwKcSojx49aArhlaaUWlryLbEhpCAzGjt(owaamWdSJbw5HnUvyMjpwBumFT15XAJIlqvQuKijF8rHjt6xdd8LOjVnQk9nHFniLLanPFmmPwEms4YaVhqlWAJI5cFkW6K0hUj8DSaayGhyhdSYdBCRWmtEpGwKcSojx49aArhlaaUWlryLbEhpCAzGjtES2Oy(ARZJ1gfxGQuPirs(4JctEPAyrtaALYB7OHhkKYsGM0VMyJeV1LVDAqDrArdm7G1ca2XGpLwddvYapkAdKbdLl82PrLaLl8s1bsLkfjsYhp)iCuad0hoF70GmvLrgaZoZJknGYKV7bsKtrmTUkFADuxM8LOj5nJBIElm72enj)45eKwddvcOpCExlOclG22rdF7KQSu019TD0a2dQumUqi7IrleYUy06BWdsr3uW6i7K8lqcbiWYKjVdVlVld8afxUoYoj)cKqacSrG5nd8s1WIMa0kL3qI8Q4hpNG0AyOsa9HZBD5BNguxKw0WJrcxg4LiSYaVJhoTmWKjtEDTkX4QUCHjVGbM8n0h(w1RZKea
    Going hitcap> haste > mastery is fine, you'll end up going full haste more or less in low ilvl gear anyway ^^

I really hope WoD fixes our talents.

Thanks for the quick reply ! And for the string code ! <3

XoXo

Homophobia is so gay.

Hi everyone
    So I decided to go from arcane to frost and if someone could help me out to improve my dps I would appreciate.
    Here is one try from my guild on thok heroic. ( we went for 25 man run this week used to run 10 man). Yesterday I was running 15.8k haste switched for the 14.2k today.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6741&e=7217
    My armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Sidaa/simple
    I think I should be pulling way more dps then what I'm doing in the fight.

A few comments and questions.
    On this try I got Fixated twice.
    I know I lost 8 BF procs in the fight which is bad.
    Bomb uptime could be higher.

Questions
    When I have to chase thok to dps or when he fixates me im spamming ice lance or fireblast when i have the cd is that ok or no?
    Also one question about the 14.2k build and a full mastery build. Dps difference is really big or no? Because I could run full mastery and switch for arcane in a few fights which I like playing as arcane.

Any advice

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ronaro View Post
    Hi everyone
    So I decided to go from arcane to frost and if someone could help me out to improve my dps I would appreciate.
    Here is one try from my guild on thok heroic. ( we went for 25 man run this week used to run 10 man). Yesterday I was running 15.8k haste switched for the 14.2k today.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6741&e=7217
    My armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Sidaa/simple
    I think I should be pulling way more dps then what I'm doing in the fight.

A few comments and questions.
    On this try I got Fixated twice.
    I know I lost 8 BF procs in the fight which is bad.
    Bomb uptime could be higher.

Questions
    When I have to chase thok to dps or when he fixates me im spamming ice lance or fireblast when i have the cd is that ok or no?
    Also one question about the 14.2k build and a full mastery build. Dps difference is really big or no? Because I could run full mastery and switch for arcane in a few fights which I like playing as arcane.

Any advice

Thank you
    I think the hybrid build is better from what I have been reading haste is still better but, mastery is good as well. So anyone else on this

What haste rating should I aim for? How much rating are 48%?
    My mage is at 563 itemlvl and reforging and gemming full haste (with keeping socket bonuses!) I can get 15700 haste..

Or should I go in progress for Arcane/Fire??

I am rerolling for my raid now from Warlock to Mage. (Bloodlust, Critbuff needed...)

Please help me! Thanks!

Hey guys whats going on. I follow these forum religiously and I have been reading and doing what some people say to do. Like 90% on Invokers and Bombs which I really dont have a prob with it's just I feel like I am under performing from the others in my raid team. I have logs from tonight and Armory below.

Armory -----> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...okane/advanced

Logs from tonighthttp://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o4xogrxxzkk1t1ae/

I forgot to change my bomb on Spoils so i know I lost a bit of dps and shamans we 3 tank so frost bomb to be does out preform living for this strat. Everything else idk really where I am going wrong now. Thought I would get a second opinion on this.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amko View Post
    What haste rating should I aim for? How much rating are 48%?
    My mage is at 563 itemlvl and reforging and gemming full haste (with keeping socket bonuses!) I can get 15700 haste..

Or should I go in progress for Arcane/Fire??

I am rerolling for my raid now from Warlock to Mage. (Bloodlust, Critbuff needed...)

Please help me! Thanks!
    From what I know you wanna go for the 14242 Haste breakpoint then put the rest into mastery and crit but, if you go straight haste build u wanna reach the 17347 breakpoint for LB. There's 3 different builds for frost now. Mastery, Haste and Mix. straight haste is best for fights over 3 targets, mastery for single target, and mix gets u right in between from what I understand. Anything idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    Hey guys whats going on. I follow these forum religiously and I have been reading and doing what some people say to do. Like 90% on Invokers and Bombs which I really dont have a prob with it's just I feel like I am under performing from the others in my raid team. I have logs from tonight and Armory below.
    Looking at your Malkorok logs (since I'm at work with not a lot of time) a few things jump out at me: Bomb uptime sub-90%, Invoker's 93% and the number of Frostfire Bolts you cast vs number of Brain Freeze procs seems awfully low. Are you trying to bank BF procs? Sure, there will be overwrites but I really find it hard to believe you had 11 overwrites using Living Bomb.

Akraen could probably add more to your questions and logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    17347? Never heard of that number.

I think you mean 18960
    This

10char

Arcane playable during progress because of the movement problems? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Amko View Post
    Arcane playable during progress because of the movement problems? ^^
    It's playable all the time but if you're not familiar with it then there will be a learning curve, especially with RoP placement on all fights. I recommend reading Shang's Arcane Guide here and practicing Arcane on farm bosses and flex before moving to progression bosses until you feel comfortable.

Yes :3 but hi trying frost for fun tonight but did arcane for all 14/14 H so arcane is nice if u know it ;p

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tjack/advanced

does this seem alright to do frost?

So if I -don't- have the spellhaste buff in my raid regularly, what haste do I want to be looking for, realistically? Is the 14242 benchmark assuming the spellhaste buff? (I raid 10man, so, we don't always have every buff represented... yet.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    So if I -don't- have the spellhaste buff in my raid regularly, what haste do I want to be looking for, realistically? Is the 14242 benchmark assuming the spellhaste buff? (I raid 10man, so, we don't always have every buff represented... yet.)
    Yes, it is based off that assumption.

On AMR you can click off the spell haste buff and see all the breakpoints and stuff there.

Hey guys. Long time mage back after a long hiatus due to Cataclysm 25H burnout.

I plugged my toon into AMR, optimized my gear, and then loaded that character into SimCraft to figure out my proper stat weights. After that, I put those into AMR and re-optimized my gear again. You can see the log at: db.tt/QtMeVPbi (the first one is my current character, the second one is the optimized version).

SimCraft gives int a weight of over 2x any other secondary stat, while everything I've read here and on IcyVeins contradicts that. What's the deal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanrael View Post
    Hey guys. Long time mage back after a long hiatus due to Cataclysm 25H burnout.

I plugged my toon into AMR, optimized my gear, and then loaded that character into SimCraft to figure out my proper stat weights. After that, I put those into AMR and re-optimized my gear again. You can see the log at: db.tt/QtMeVPbi (the first one is my current character, the second one is the optimized version).

SimCraft gives int a weight of over 2x any other secondary stat, while everything I've read here and on IcyVeins contradicts that. What's the deal?
    Don't trust SimCraft.

Care to elaborate?

Also, what happened to EJ and Rawr? They both dead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanrael View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Also, what happened to EJ and Rawr? They both dead?
    Yes and yes.

Basically, SimC is inaccurate for a number of reasons. I won't bore you with them. Frosted(You'll see him post, hell, this post probably summons him to be angry at me) is the guy working on the SimC for mages so he's probably able to elaborate properly. For now, just assume that I know what I'm talking about and don't use SimC if you don't know precisely what you're doing.