Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy Paladin trinkets? [Available Right Now]

I need some help!

I've collected all the trinkets for healing that are available to me at this point. (No I did not hoard them, I got em all since no one else needed them)

Empty Fruit Barrel

Vial of Ichorous Blood

Price of Progress

and the brewfest one,

Thousand-Year Pickled Egg

So which ones are the obvious combo if there is one? I'm guessing Fruit Barrel is a solid one and probably Price, I'm not sure... is there any math done which one grants most reg over a set time?

Help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by mmoc392e102c89; 2012-10-01 at 12:37 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just acquired the Empty Fruit Barrel this morning (healer didn't need it luckily) so I plan on using that along side the Vial, seems like a nice combo of regen and throughput.

In the first tier of raiding, and even for heroic dungeon grinding, spirit outweighs throughput on so many levels. The ICD (internal cooldown) of Price of Progress is a very small value (between 10 and 15 seconds), so the amount of mana it provides me on a standard fight is about the same as Divine Plea.

The two best choices for a Holy Paladin who wants to "last" an entire fight is going to be Vial and Price. The int/spell power proc of the Empty Fruit Barrel isn't as good as the mp5 we gain from Price of Progress and Vial.

- Eleiko

Price of progress seemed to proc very little for me.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleiko View Post
    In the first tier of raiding, and even for heroic dungeon grinding, spirit outweighs throughput on so many levels. The ICD (internal cooldown) of Price of Progress is a very small value (between 10 and 15 seconds), so the amount of mana it provides me on a standard fight is about the same as Divine Plea.

The two best choices for a Holy Paladin who wants to "last" an entire fight is going to be Vial and Price. The int/spell power proc of the Empty Fruit Barrel isn't as good as the mp5 we gain from Price of Progress and Vial.

- Eleiko
    Even though the Empty Fruit Barrel gives a constant +847 spirit? Isn't that better than an on use spirit buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Even though the Empty Fruit Barrel gives a constant +847 spirit? Isn't that better than an on use spirit buff?
    For straight up regen, yes it is. But the additional throughput you gain from the Vial is superior. You do bring up a good point though. I think trinket selection will be fight depedent. I haven't looked to far into strategies yet but here's two examples:

Fight A) Constant tank damage, mediocre raid damage a simple tank n spank with adds that spawn.
    Fight B) Every 1 minute the boss emits fire which lasts for 10 seconds.

In Fight A, the Fruit Barrel trinket will come out on top, but in Fight B, you're better off using Vial because of the wasted mp5 Fruit Barrel would give during the downtime between fire blasts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleiko View Post

- Eleiko
    /signed

the price mana-gain is equal to divine plea on CD! i guess its a must-have

Quote Originally Posted by Tsipar View Post
    He said available right now. The darkmoon trinket isn't available right now because the darkmoon faire isn't active yet.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I'm running with Price/Vial atm... Barrel isn't a bad alternative if you are unlucky with drops.

I've never liked the egg in any expansion/tier. This one, particularly when everyone's gear level is low, even less so than normal. I mean take it if all you have is a green crit trinket... but sacrificing regen for pure throughput at this point is a little silly.

where does the alchemy trinket rank among them?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where would you guys rank heroic heart of unliving amongst the others? I'm currently running Price and Unliving (364 int and 990 spirit@10 stacks).

I've been using heroic HoU and the engineer trinket mostly for the regen properties (and also because I havnt looted the other trinkets yet) 990 spirit is pretty awesome.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Thanks you!

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 10:50 AM ----------

Nice share info.!

@peers, wondering what the hell you are doing with your stats... care to elaborate?
    BiS trinkets pre raid are vial of ichorus blood and price of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    @peers, wondering what the hell you are doing with your stats... care to elaborate?
    Sure, I'm all about spirit and mastery... Crit and Haste was debatable for the third tinkers gear at this point. I have the vial in My bags and and trying some things out... I'm shocked you're so shocked at my stats... whats shocking? BiS according to who? A lot goes into BiS, depending on other gear, style of play, etc. I've never been a fan of on use trinkets and if I do use Vial it would be temporary. Take the armory link lighty, ofcourse things will constantly be changing as far a gear, gems, enchants, until my first raid tmr. I linked the armory so people could see the trinket. Care to Elaborate on your ridiculous "what the hell" comment?
    Last edited by Peers; 2012-10-02 at 01:48 PM.

cuurently the majority of paladins are stacking spirit (even over int) so theres nothing really shocking about a mastery build. Spirit will be prioritized over int for the most part until higher gear levels at least.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Im using Vial of Blood and the Thousand-Year Pickled Egg. So far im standing with 9220 combat regen.
    As long as i dont go mental on spamming i have no complains about mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peers View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530/ghost-iron-dragonling

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Hyper/advanced

wondering what you all think of the BoE Engineer trinket, =1800 stats.

It is good to start out with but heroic dungeon trinkets are better.

I am using Fruit Basket and Vial but I want to replace Vial with Price of Progress. Now if I can get it to drop without a tank or dps needing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Really? The healers in the top guilds who have said anything like this said Fruit Basket and Price of Progress. And after using Vial for a few days I can say I am not that impressed.
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-10-02 at 03:02 PM.