Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    That's seriously tempting me. I mean I've played Rift before (I have a level 50 Cleric in expert dungeon/plaque gear and a 50 Warrior in like some dungeon gear) but WoW has always felt more "familiar" to me and all of my friends play it. Everything I've seen though really makes Trion impress me - it's like they understand what makes a good expansion and can do it without making things boring. Just paying for SL is a bit much (right now) if I'm not sure I'll like it - I've been waiting until I get more information to make an informed decision while I play MoP, but MoP has quickly worn out its welcome with loads of boring dailies.

Thanks I might have to suck it up and get it once I get paid from my new job.

I know familiarity and change can be daunting, but the worst thing that's happened to me is that I still chat to my WoW friends on skype/gmail or facebook when I miss them, and conversely, I've made many new ones on Rift. (There are a few of my wow buddies who have disowned me for my preference of Rift, but even they came around and still talk to me :P)
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

All I can say is that the biggest PvE criticism I've seen on this forum from ex-players is pretty much gone from the game, almost too much so.

From our brief experience with Storm Legion, there's more to do than ever. there's plenty of opportunity to grind, and almost none of the necessity.

It's been a great weekend and I applaud the ridiculous lengths Trion has gone to to make Rift what it's about to become.

I keep trying to like other games. I swore to myself I was leaving for Guild Wars 2. Yeah I've pre-ordered SL, but when GW2 was better than I expected I wasn't planning to play Rift, or Storm Legion.

Well played, Trion. Harbringer is awesome, and I've loved what I've seen of the new zones. Oh and Dimensions are evil and I hate Trion for making something so 'sandbox fun.'

Well played Trion, I'm still going to play GW2, but now I have an itch to play Rift again. Must get to 300p or more again before Nov 13th so I can build a rock wall around Ember Watch. Because I can!
    Last edited by willowe; 2012-10-07 at 09:33 PM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Played a bit in Dimensions, saw the starter areas for the two new continents, looked at Tempest Bay. Liked what I saw, but I'm good on Beta for now. Seeing as how I just hit 50 for the first time about a month ago, I'd like to keep much of the new Xpac a secret so it's fresh for me when it drops. Have fun with it guys.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    While I can't give specifics about the expansion because of the NDA, what I can say is that the new city is freaking amazing - just jaw droppingly beautiful with some really cool music, and Dimensions are just AWESOME. I am going to spend so many hours building stuff in there! Minecraft eat your heart out.
    TOTALLY right on the new city, HOLY SHIT. O_O

I have yet to even touch dimensions - but I just did my first Hunt rift and some carnage - oh Trion, you brilliant sons o' bitches you....

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Well played, Trion. Harbringer is awesome
    Folks - we have a major understatement right here.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    SL will be epic expansion!!
    there are many new things to do , the new zones looks awesome,the new city is breathtaking, dimensions are really fun with endless apportunities, new and old souls are very fresh and fun to play....what else u want to have a good expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    SL will be epic expansion!!
    there are many new things to do , the new zones looks awesome,the new city is breathtaking, dimensions are really fun with endless apportunities, new and old souls are very fresh and fun to play....what else u want to have a good expansion?
    Dimesions = Sandbox plain and simple. Best description. They are heavily customizable. It is not pure sandbox where that dream of chopping down a tree in the world and then crafting that into desk, but the way it can be customized will take 100's of hours.

World Size = Just look at the videos and you get a general idea. They definitely took the feedback players gave them.

My main fear was that the game would be bugged very bad and release may need to be delayed. There have been a few exploits caught and reported. Trion has been fast to acknowledge the bugs and are addressing them quickly.

For those looking for some super big city Tempest Bay (from the videos made public) is definitely a good size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dulfy View Post
    This is enough to make me resub

I look forward to your return \o/ clerics everywhere will rejoice with your well written guides. We use to link to them from here for some time even after your break since they were still fairly relevant for some time.

If you're considering coming back for Storm Legion consider pre-ordering you can get your feet wet with guaranteed beta access. It's still under NDA I can't say anything other then clerics get a "revamp" and a new new soul. Beta was overwhelming with new stuffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I look forward to your return \o/ clerics everywhere will rejoice with your well written guides. We use to link to them from here for some time even after your break since they were still fairly relevant for some time.
    Good catch, was not sure if its the same dulfy I looked to for guidance when I first started!
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Good catch, was not sure if its the same dulfy I looked to for guidance when I first started!
    Yup, I noticed she had put a guide for GW2 here. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18657596 The link in her signature was a dead give away as well.

I knew she had some SWTOR guides/write ups but didn't play long enough to put any of them to use. It appears she has some TSW guides as well but TSW didn't grab me either (I tried TSW during beta couldn't warm up to the combat) Tera was real fun for me until I got close or to max level then it went downhill for me, the engine was super smooth and responsive and the combat imo was second to none.

I'm still enjoying Rift the most out of all the recent games. It's hard to go back to live Rift now after beta mind you. The ironic thing is it's like only 15% or so of the beta is even unlocked at the moment. Tick Tock, November 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post

I'm still enjoying Rift the most out of all the recent games. It's hard to go back to live Rift now after beta mind you. The ironic thing is it's like only 15% or so of the beta is even unlocked at the moment. Tick Tock, November 13th.
    It is hard to figure out on live with the time remaining how best to prepare. Wish the NDA was lifted so I can go into detail, but my focus looks like it will be on my mage. Also need to build up my plat reserves on my main.

Dimensions are going to take up a severely large amount of my time.

So you reactivated your sub after the tiger mount, mallace?

If it was some other guy who posted his unsub screenshot then I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So you reactivated your sub after the tiger mount, mallace?

If it was some other guy who posted his unsub screenshot then I apologize.
    Figured a month unsub'd sent a message about how pissed I was.

btw, anyone know what happened to slipmat? His last activity was 9-22? o.o
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Figured a month unsub'd sent a message about how pissed I was.
    Yeah, cause they notice when one player quits for one month....

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    btw, anyone know what happened to slipmat? His last activity was 9-22? o.o
    Every day Beta tester now, maybe? Perhaps he doesn't want to give anything away, so he's chillin in his man cave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, cause they notice when one player quits for one month....
    Dude. That $15. It's rough.

Especially next to several hundreds of thousands - if not even millions. lol
    "A flower.

If it means anything, I haven't seen Slipmat active on any of the forums I use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    If it means anything, I haven't seen Slipmat active on any of the forums I use.
    Must've said too much about the closed beta and Trion sent their assassins after him.

Hopefully he's alright and just obsessing too hardcore over it.

But anywho, do we have another beta test this weekend? ;o
    "A flower.