Prospecting ghost iron...

is it me or did they nerf the drop rate for blue gems while prospecting ghost iron ore? the first couple days i was getting 3-5 blues a stack, now im lucky to get 1 in 5 stacks....

I haven't really paid that much attention honestly. I've been making a killing DE'ing rings and necks for enchanting mats to be bothered with blue gems which have already tanked in price on my realm. Good thing there is a huge abundance of ore out in the world, I can't even quest without tripping over a node.

I've just been doing the daily discovery with blues and thats about it. I'll pocket the rest until I can start using them for gear.

Well if ghost iron is supposed to be the first tier of ore, and trillium the second (I think), then ghost iron would have a lower chance of rare gems. It was the same thing with BC fel iron got less blues than adamantite, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I've been making a killing DE'ing rings and necks for enchanting mats
    Can i ask which rings and necks you disenchant?

I make ornate bands and shadowfire necklaces. I DE the green ones and AH the blues as is since those sell for more then the DE'd product. I then take the spirit dust and turn those into mysterious essences and sell those. I don't really sell the spirit dusts since 5 of those sell for less then a mysterious essence and it takes 5 spirit dust to make 1 essence so you end up making a few extra gold. I don't turn the mysterious essences into blue gems since those sell for less then the 5 mysterious essences it takes to make it. At least on my realm the mysterious essences is the way to go for now.