Poll: How Will you Use the Pet Battle Feature?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My team

Mr. Grubbs (Tank) - The greatest pet ever, can tank like champ, self heal, dot and has a speed boosting attack. My main man

Magical Crawdad (Healer) - Mr Pinchy's son is my support, He heals, Traps, and has a quick attack.

Dark Pheonix Hatchling (DPS) - Still low level atm but this bird will be my sweeper, I prefer him over his brother the pheonix hatching because he is all about the offence. my bird-lock

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I'm currently using Clockwork Gnome, Nether Ray Fry and Little Fawn.
    Don't have many rares yet, so this is subject to many changes, obviously.
    But liking them so far.

Edit: By the way, I remember reading that the cost to train Pet Battles was reduced to 10g. Should update it

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Thank you all.

Question for you guys/Gals : any one have any luck finding a Restless Shadeling. They spawn at midnight in the masters cellar (below kara but not in the raid), they are suppose to spawn until 0730 but when i hopped in at 0500 server time and didnt find one.
    Well had the same problem, tried it at 0300 AM and NOTHING.
    Hopped in next day right at midnight and BÄM there they were. It seemed they stopped spawning about 15 to 30 minutes later. In my attempt to get a blue quality one i ripped them all apart until there was just one left and this one was bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    I'm currently using Clockwork Gnome, Nether Ray Fry and Little Fawn.
    Don't have many rares yet, so this is subject to many changes, obviously.
    But liking them so far.

Edit: By the way, I remember reading that the cost to train Pet Battles was reduced to 10g. Should update it
    Thank you for that

If this mini game ever gets Tiers (like pokemon's Uber, Overused, Underused, etc) then

Celestial Dragon, Fossilized Hatchling, Clockwork gnome and those Damn Bears will be top tier pets, because of the drakes stacking Ancient Blessing - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=611, With bears with Hibernate - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=247.

I Lost my first few PVP Pet battle against Teams of

Celestial Dragon, Fossilized Hatchling, and Pterrordax Hatchling because of how high they buffed there HP. 3 stacks was almost + 700 HP at level 15
    Some Damn Bear, Celestial Dragon and Clockwork gnome (fuck Build Turret - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=710 and Repair - http://www.wowhead.com/petability=278)

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 04:25 PM ----------

New marco added
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-10-08 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone seen a Minifernal, beginning to think they are a myth.

I'm trying to decide what pets to use for my team.

My main pet is Winterspring Cub, as it is part of my namesake and also the ground mount I use. But for the other two slots, I'm wondering what I should use.

I'm considering the following options:
    - Deathy
    - Lil' Ragnaros
    - Fossilized Hatchling
    - Restless Shadeling
    - Clockwork Gnome
    - Mechanical Pandaren Hatchling
    - Pandaren Monk

The reasons I'm considering them, are either because they are cool or they seem like they'd be strong. And I heard some of them are overpowered.

Any ideas? ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    I'm trying to decide what pets to use for my team.

My main pet is Winterspring Cub, as it is part of my namesake and also the ground mount I use. But for the other two slots, I'm wondering what I should use.

I'm considering the following options:
    - Deathy
    - Lil' Ragnaros
    - Fossilized Hatchling
    - Restless Shadeling
    - Clockwork Gnome
    - Mechanical Pandaren Hatchling
    - Pandaren Monk

The reasons I'm considering them, are either because they are cool or they seem like they'd be strong. And I heard some of them are overpowered.

Any ideas? ^.^
    So to work around Winterspring Cub (Beast), I would go with an Elemental (like Lil' Rag) and a Dragonkin (Deathy) to cover their weakness.

Lil' Rag (Set up and Hide)

[Sulfuras Smash] [Magma Trap] [Sons of the Flame]

Lil'Deathwing (Sweeper)

[Shadowflame] [Roll] [Elementium Bolt]

Winterspring Cub (Sweeper)

[Pounce] [Rake] [Devour]

Feel free to switch out Rag and Deathwing for pets with a better movesets but i think this is a solid team to start with.

I'm thinking Pandaren Monk, Fossilized Hatchling/Lifelike Toad, Restless Shadeling/Lil' Ragnaros.

P.Monk for burst damage, Undead/Mechanical pets with a self/team heal/buff for sustain, as well as pets with abilities that damage the whole enemy team.
    (Even though I'd have to drop my fave pet, Winterspring Cub, I'd still use him as a vanity pet.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking Pandaren Monk, Fossilized Hatchling/Lifelike Toad, Restless Shadeling/Lil' Ragnaros.

P.Monk for burst damage, Undead/Mechanical pets with a self/team heal/buff for sustain, as well as pets with abilities that damage the whole enemy team.
    (Even though I'd have to drop my fave pet, Winterspring Cub, I'd still use him as a vanity pet.)

Monk is an amazing sweeper and has a nice stun, fossilized hatching has that (OP as hell because it stacks) HP buff ability :

[Claw] [Ancient Blessing] [BONESTORM]

looks like a good moveset.

Restless is a bitch to get a rare, I have been camping the basements (they spawn at 1200 and despawn at 7) for the last 3 days and i have not seen 1.

I have been thinking about my B team, looking for an AOE/field damage theme with AOE healing.
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-10-09 at 08:23 PM.

Monk is an amazing sweeper and has a nice stun, fossilized hatching has that (OP as hell because it stacks) HP buff ability
    -So should I have Fossilized in Slot 1 and just Ancient Blessing/BONESTORM and swap?
    -For Monk I'm not sure if I should go burst (Focus Chi/1000 Fists) or defensive (Staggering/Blackout).
    -And for the last slot, would it be better to have a healer like Lifelike Toad, who also has a mild cc in the form of Kiss, or something with a lot of sustain like Restless Shadeling/Molten Spiderling?

(Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure before I spend hours leveling them all up to 25... It sucks that some aren't Rare, but I heard Blizz is going to add a way to upgrade pets to Rare next patch.)

10+ Year Old Account
    -So should I have Fossilized in Slot 1 and just Ancient Blessing/BONESTORM and swap?
    -For Monk I'm not sure if I should go burst (Focus Chi/1000 Fists) or defensive (Staggering/Blackout).
    -And for the last slot, would it be better to have a healer like Lifelike Toad, who also has a mild cc in the form of Kiss, or something with a lot of sustain like Restless Shadeling/Molten Spiderling?

(Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure before I spend hours leveling them all up to 25... It sucks that some aren't Rare, but I heard Blizz is going to add a way to upgrade pets to Rare next patch.)

No problem at all.

I would go with a tank setup (Staggering/Blackout) if you plan to use fossil to boost, AOE then switch.
    Magical Crawdad would be a great healer/trapper if you can get one. i posted my moveset on him earlier
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-10-09 at 09:55 PM.

looks way too complicated for me to do seriously. Sounds like a decent raid time killer though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    looks way too complicated for me to do seriously. Sounds like a decent raid time killer though.
    Lol, Its an aweome mini game. Easy to get into and do a few matches, but you can get sucked into it

Apparently... I don't have Pandaren Monk, I could have sworn I got it during the donation event. (Is it possible for it to have disappeared?) o_0

So... Should I just replace him with a different pet, or buy him for $10 >_<

And I don't think Ancient Blessing stacks anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently... I don't have Pandaren Monk, I could have sworn I got it during the donation event. (Is it possible for it to have disappeared?) o_0

So... Should I just replace him with a different pet, or buy him for $10 >_<

And I don't think Ancient Blessing stacks anymore...

Check your account history or submit a ticket if your are sure you bought one.

You replace him if you wish. Machine types have a few really heavy hitters (clockwork gnome)

Deleted
    Just started doing this, it's so much fun! Current using: Proto-Drake Whelp, Snarly and Mechanopeep for no other reason than that all three have two different types of attacks. So, combined, they have 6 different types. After reading this thread I noticed there seems to be a lot of good combos and overpowered skills. I guess I'll get to that later

Deleted
    I think that on OP spreadsheet, it should say that beast takes extra damage from mechanical and does extra damage to critters, atm it is vice versa. Check in-game tooltips for proof.

That means there is harmony beetween classes.

EDIT: This means that I will propably start using 3 rare beasts on pvp, hoping that there are lot of people that have readed OP spreadsheet and thought that critter=masterrace
    For pve i will start using 3 first rares i get my hands on.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 07:26 PM ----------

Aieny from Medivh:

As far as experience gains go, you receive 25% less experience when you trap a solo pet versus killing the pet outright. Presumably (but untested), in multi-pet battles you gain experience based on the number of pets (so 2 pets means twice the experience for your team members that participated). Following along that assumption, you likely gain 25% less experience FOR THE TRAPPED pet, which means a reduction of 12.5% in a dual-pet battle and 6.75% reduction in a three-way battle.
    I don't like to sound like nitpicker, but wouldn't 25% loss from 1/3 pets (25:3) be 8.333...% aka 8 1/3%?
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-10-10 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I think that on OP spreadsheet, it should say that beast takes extra damage from mechanical and does extra damage to critters, atm it is vice versa. Check in-game tooltips for proof.

That means there is harmony beetween classes.

EDIT: This means that I will propably start using 3 rare beasts on pvp, hoping that there are lot of people that have readed OP spreadsheet and thought that critter=masterrace
    For pve i will start using 3 first rares i get my hands on.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 07:26 PM ----------

I don't like to sound like nitpicker, but wouldn't 25% loss from 1/3 pets (25:3) be 8.333...% aka 8 1/3%?

Your quite right, thanks for that. as soon as i can find a new and correct chart i will update the OP. i will check the source of this faqto see if she corrected her math.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said 25% not because I don't like pet battles, but because there is so damned much to do in WOW!
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Not sure if this has been answered but does a level 1 pet like a store bought pet or a world drop pet count as a rare pet

i leveled my worg that drops from BRS to 25 and it seems to have more health than my other 2 pets which is a spider and a parrot that are both blue rares both which are level 25

is it better to level up those world drop pets than to go out and get blue rares?