Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    WRT Havok I'm pretty sure a macro like this would solve most of the issues people are having

/cast [@focustarget, harm][@focus] Havok

On a fight where the target you want to cast Havok on changes frequently you'd have the tank that picks those mobs up as your focus (or some other dps that is physically swapping targets each time), on fight where it's just a single mob you just set it as your focus.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

I don't PvP at all, so I am sure the system is setup in a particular way to balance PvP but...

The big thing I would like to see is Destro get some PvE love via having the "default" number of embers be at least 3, if not 4 glyphed. The big issue with Destro PvE is that unless you have 4 embers when you pull the boss, your CDs don't line up like almost every other dps spec in wow does.

It does competitive 5-man heroic DPS, but once you get to raid-length fights, the DPS breaks down, especially on progression wipes. As afflix you can DS off the bat, extend with SB:SS at the end of the duration to get 40+ seconds of DS benefit every 2min. With Demo you have DS up for basically every long period of burn (assuming you are burning off to 700ish then wait for DS).

But for Destro, if you aren't warmed up to 3-4 embers from pulling trash beforehand, you end up either having to burn DS without a full load of Chaos Bolts, or save it for when you finally do build up 4 embers, which means by the time you are using DS, Affliction and Demo will almost be on their 2nd use of the same CD. This is complicated even further when the fights have no adds to cleave with Havok.

If you DO have 4 embers on pull, you can DS off the bat just like Affliction, and the CD comes back not too long after bringing yourself back to 4 embers (assuming you burn a few in between). The CD synergy is just not there with Destro, which is otherwise a really fun spec. Other than this and somewhat "blah" level 90 talents I think locks are in a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Yes, since any damage would eat away at the debuff.

It would be best for fights that have specific portions of single target burst, then a period where damage isn't too important. Fights like heroic Spine where you need as much damage in a 20s period, but the damage before and after aren't as important. It would be pretty powerful, that's why I think the numbers would have to be tuned down, maybe 10-15% instead of 20%.

The main reason I like the idea of that talent is that it is single target utility that isn't exactly going to be a huge overall gain, but is still pretty useful. I can't think of too many (if any) other talent designs besides casting while moving that could be considered useful single target utility without being a clear damage increase.
    I think you're stretching for something that's unnecessary. Call me crazy but I seem to remember looking at my spell book recently and seeing some spells named Demon Soul, Haunt, Chaos Bolt, and Meta for periods of needed burst. Another dmg CD would be cool but it would have to be something spec specific, like for demo it could be 10 seconds of perma MC and insta cast soul fires, destro it could be you can cast 3 free chaos bolts within the next 20 seconds and for affliction it could be 20 seconds of the MG/DS dots ticking for double what they normally tick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggajuice View Post
    I think you're stretching for something that's unnecessary. Call me crazy but I seem to remember looking at my spell book recently and seeing some spells named Demon Soul, Haunt, Chaos Bolt, and Meta for periods of needed burst. Another dmg CD would be cool but it would have to be something spec specific, like for demo it could be 10 seconds of perma MC and insta cast soul fires, destro it could be you can cast 3 free chaos bolts within the next 20 seconds and for affliction it could be 20 seconds of the MG/DS dots ticking for double what they normally tick.
    Anything like this is just going to turn into a "Use in final 20-30s of encounter" mechanic, regardless of subsequent limitations.