Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Buddhist Temples Burned

-Keep in mind that bashing religions and people based on their religious views is not allowed here. You're free to discuss this event and the circumstances, but do it with caution.-

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...gladesh01.html

Un-fucking believable - apologies ahead of time, but the people who did this are just crazy - absolutely, bat-shit crazy.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-10-01 at 05:48 PM.

Yeah I saw that. These hardline Muslims are making that religion look like shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I saw that too. Man, they take "blasphemy" seriously.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too. Man, they take "blasphemy" seriously.
    They take crazy seriously. Actions like this are inexcusable, and people who defend them ought to reconsider what they are saying

(not saying you are defending them, Reeve - just to be clear ).

Deleted
    -Keep in mind that bashing religions and people based on their religious views is not allowed here. You're free to discuss this event and the circumstances, but do it with caution.-

Knowing how much Buddhism is about peace, this really must have torn apart a lot of the monks. I hope they're able to recover, even though buildings of great importance was destroyed. It's a shame that a little outcry from a disrespectful person can lead to this, but I hope this doesn't induce any hatred towards innocent members of the Muslim community there, but only the ones responsible for these attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Stupid Hindu. I say it about him specifically, and not about them as a whole. He provoked them and this is what happens. They didn't ask for it, but he did. You'd think that after what's happened over the past few years, particularly in the middle east where a vast majority of the population are Muslim, that people would learn NOT to provoke them. Doing so out of common courtesy should be expected, but doing so out of common sense should be demanded of yourself. Actually, that applies everywhere... or at least it should.
    There's a word for not provoking people who behave like brutes: appeasement. I think we all know how well that ends up working out.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stupid Hindu. I say it about him specifically, and not about them as a whole. He provoked them and this is what happens. They didn't ask for it, but he did. You'd think that after what's happened over the past few years, particularly in the middle east where a vast majority of the population are Muslim, that people would learn NOT to provoke them. Doing so out of common courtesy should be expected, but doing so out of common sense should be demanded of yourself. Actually, that applies everywhere... or at least it should.
    You could not be more wrong - 100% wrong. Muslims choose how they feel, not the other way around. If those people who acted out against the Buddhist want to join the 21st Century, they need to stop overreacting to free speech. If they don't, they are going to get left in the past - because civilized countries do not tolerate intimidation by fear and violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I know my neighbor has an aggressive dog, I'm not going to go over to his house and start fucking with the dog. If I get bit, I guess its my own fault.

That doesn't mean that the dog shouldn't be put down, however, because it certainly should.

And no, I'm not calling any particular group of people a dog, I'm just making a comparison. I guess its just how I feel about all this hate speech against certain beliefs, coming from someone who shares none of them.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

trying to wrap my head around this... he made an offensive post on facebook, and exactly how many muslims did he have friended? if i went ballistic over any offensive thing i saw on facebook i would be very short on hours in the day.

and the answer to blasphemy... more blasphemy?!? really?!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    There's a word for not provoking people who behave like brutes: appeasement. I think we all know how well that ends up working out.
    Yes we should nuke and torture all one billion Muslims, it makes a lot more sense than more diplomatic ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Really?

"Don't insult Muslims because the extremist in that religion will kill and torch your shit"

I think the problem is that they will kill and torch your shit TO BEGIN WITH.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You could not be more wrong - 100% wrong. Muslims choose how they feel, not the other way around. If those people who acted out against the Buddhist want to join the 21st Century, they need to stop overreacting to free speech. If they don't, they are going to get left in the past - because civilized countries do not tolerate intimidation by fear and violence.
    I do not think theres free speech in the middle east. Its simply picking a hornet's nest. Also, i highly doubt people choose how they feel. Its instantanous and people can't tell others how to feel or else we would have murderers telling the victims family to feel good. You can try to legislate behavior and we all know how that turns out (prohibition).

10+ Year Old Account
    Unforgivable. Simply put, that is the only thing people should say about this. Buddhist's are known around the world for their peaceful way of life and these people who called themselves Muslims are destroying their own religious image.

If the people who are at the forefront of the Muslim religion don't stand up and internationally comdemn these people then the entire religion is going to be seen as a hostile one the world over, in my opinion (if it already isn't)
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-10-01 at 05:09 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Really?

"Don't insult Muslims because the extremist in that religion will kill and torch your shit"

I think the problem is that they will kill and torch your shit TO BEGIN WITH.
    that never happened in recent history without provocation.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    trying to wrap my head around this... he made an offensive post on facebook, and exactly how many muslims did he have friended? if i went ballistic over any offensive thing i saw on facebook i would be very short on hours in the day.

and the answer to blasphemy... more blasphemy?!? really?!?
    people are idiots. news at 11. sometimes i feel sad for a moment that, i belong in the same species.

That's like blaming a rape victim because she was wearing a revealing outfit. Does it increase the chance of her being raped? Maybe. Does it make it her fault? Not even the tiniest bit.

People like to say that Islam is no worse than Christianity, but I don't see any where near as many Christians committing murder and arson in the name of their imaginary friend. (Not since the crusades, at least)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Yes we should nuke and torture all one billion Muslims, it makes a lot more sense than more diplomatic ways.
    Great straw man, buddy!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    that never happened in recent history without provocation.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 01:09 PM ----------

people are idiots. news at 11. sometimes i feel sad for a moment that, i belong in the same species.
    It's savages and we're not living in a savage world. There is no place for people to kill and terrorize others because their religion got insulted.

It's a fucking stupid and burning apple stores because apple sued samsung. It's that fucking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much like alot of things in life, the ppl being offended by the insult islam didn't move them to burn the temple down. Ppl like that are actively looking for an excuse to do stuff like this. They love it. It is drama in their otherwise unfulfilled, boring lives. Just like the WBC. They are looking for any excuse they can to create drama. So they make things up that will allow them to have excitement in their lives.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    That's like blaming a rape victim because she was wearing a revealing outfit. Does it increase the chance of her being raped? Maybe. Does it make it her fault? Not even the tiniest bit.

People like to say that Islam is no worse than Christianity, but I don't see any where near as many Christians committing murder and arson in the name of their imaginary friend. (Not since the crusades, at least)
    It's because Christianity is out of the dark ages...

Cases like these make me laugh more and more every time I hear the phrase "Islam is the religion of peace"