MoP Patch Release Predictions

In the same way I predicted Cata's timeline and everyone called me crazy, I'm going to take a shot at MoP's first half year or so. Just for fun predictions, and I honestly don't care what they said about what patch 5.1 is, or 5.2, because unless it's confirmed, it's all up in the air. Still wishing for that WotA raid, Path of the Titans, and Wintergrasp flying. If Blizzard said "oh 5.1 will be dungeons, 5.2 will be raids, 5.3 will be dungeons, because we love giving you guys content," I don't care. Because it's not true until you see it in blue.

2013 Q1 - Patch 5.1 - 2-3 5man dungeons will be released. T14 is a giant tier, many more bosses than there usually are. Blizzard will let players play with t14 for a long time because they know they can, so around late February or early march, patch 5.1 will bring new 5 man dungeons.

2013 Q2 - Patch 5.2 - t15 raid. No idea what this will be, but it'll be a raid. Might be Trolls. Less than 10 bosses. Around late May or early June.

After that, it gets hard to guess. I don't want to try to predict Q3 and Q4, but I would say Patch 5.3 will be the t16 raid, and it'll probably be released in late November.

So? Predictions?

Edit: Adding a bit more explanation to my guesses. Blizzard works around their quarterly updates. They always want to look good in the reports, while releasing as little as they can. The expansion will carry Q3. They don't need to release anything before Q4 ends because of the initial burst from the expansion, which will still carry on a bit, even if they lose some. Right before Q1 ends, they will release the 5mans, so those who got tired of the expansion already will resub. Then before the end of Q2, right when people are sick of the giant tier, a new tier will come out.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-10-01 at 07:55 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has already stated that they are going to be using a staggered content system.

5.0 = T14
    5.1 = Dailies/Content/Non-raid stuff
    5.2 = T15
    5.3 = Dailies/Content/Non-raid stuff
    5.4 = T16
    5.5 = Dailies/Content/Non-raid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Blizzard has already stated that they are going to be using a staggered content system.

5.0 = T14
    5.1 = Dailies/Content/Non-raid stuff
    5.2 = T15
    5.3 = Dailies/Content/Non-raid stuff
    5.4 = T16
    5.5 = Dailies/Content/Non-raid stuff
    Won't believe it until I see it. Too many times they've said things that didn't happen.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm thinking late November for 5.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Won't believe it until I see it. Too many times they've said things that didn't happen.
    You asked for predictions. I'd say a blue post stating thats their intent is more concrete than a 'prediction'.

Nothing anyone posts here means anything until it happens, if you wanna swing it that way.

You asked for predictions. I'd say a blue post stating thats their intent is more concrete than a 'prediction'.

Nothing anyone posts here means anything until it happens, if you wanna swing it that way.
    I know I asked for predictions. In no way am I saying your posts were useless, I'm just saying my stance on those Blizzard statements (because I have seen them, which is why I added my disclaimer in the OP).

If they don't have another raid patch until may/june like you stated above expect a lot of people to quit until that patch lol. The 5.0 raids will last 2-4 months AT BEST. Players consume content much too quickly these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    If they don't have another raid patch until may/june like you stated above expect a lot of people to quit until that patch lol. The 5.0 raids will last 2-4 months AT BEST. Players consume content much too quickly these days.
    If you think they'll release another tier within 4 months because people consume it that fast, you're kidding yourself. History shows us otherwise. Blizzard knows they can withhold content for several months after we're "done" with it without losing too much. The time between Ulduar and ToC was one of the shortest between a tier (there might be a shorter one, but I know this one was fairly short). Ulduar was released in April, ToC in August. That's 4 months, not including one of the months, 5 inclusive of both. And people complained. People complained that they didn't have enough time to enjoy Ulduar.

Nope, there won't be a tier until Q2, I am 100% positive.

Blizzard has a history of flatout lying about quality, quantity, and timing of content patches when they felt it would help retain customers.

I'm hoping they've provided some funding for content patches this time around, but I'm not holding my breath until I see it actually hit PTR.

10+ Year Old Account

Blue posts have stated a lot of things that've never happened.

Concrete is the last thing I would call them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Q4 2012 - 5.1. New dailies in Karasang, faction bases appear, some Zandalari-related scenarios or heroics.

Late Q1/Early Q2 2013 - 5.2. Zandalari island opens as a daily area, dailies are used to restrict the progress in the new T15 Zandalari raid a'la quel'danas.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Raid tiers should last roughly four months, with content updates also coming between the larger raid updates. This could mean we would see a patch every two months or so.
    From one of the interviews. So 5.1 november/december date. (minor patch, dungeons, scenarios, bgs dailys and etc) 5.2 raid in Dec/Jan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Q4 2012 - 5.1. New dailies in Karasang, faction bases appear, some Zandalari-related scenarios or heroics.

Late Q1/Early Q2 2013 - 5.2. Zandalari island opens as a daily area, dailies are used to restrict the progress in the new T15 Zandalari raid a'la quel'danas.
    notbad.jpg

Add CRZ to it and it will be Isle-of-group-or-get-ganked-every-six-seconds all over again

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

This actually doesn't seem too unreasonable.