Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Yep. On most bosses, my healing is like 45% Eminence, 40% Eminence (Statue) and 15% ReM.

Also, I find Xuen as another throuhput CD, which we are really short of I was shaman before, and it is kinda hard to get used to monk with no Healing tide, spirit link, elemental mastery,4pcT13 spiritwalkers grace..
    Have you, or anyone else, any numbers to provide about Xuen? I mean, it's any good? Or the Tornado it's better?

Quote Originally Posted by theunit187 View Post
    Are you sure a monk is able to heal effictively without healing from melee hits, including autoattack that is duplicated by the statue?
    No, it is not so effective. While fistweaving you gain buffs which give you more throughput.

Deleted
    Are you sure a monk is able to heal effictively without healing from melee hits, including autoattack that is duplicated by the statue?
    I'm sure you can heal every heroic without using a melee attack once, very easily.

If by effectively you mean optimally then no - it's usually better to get the blackout kick buff up and auto-attack as well as healing even if you don't have time for jabs. But I suspect it won't be strictly necessary except at the hardest bosses for a little more throughput.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly sufficient does not equal optimal,

neither pure melee, nor pure ranged healing are optimal for Mistweavers. the best mistweavers know when to use all of the their entire set of healing tools.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    How do you guys feel about the mana tea glyph? Lets you consume 2 stacks instantly, but adds a 10s cd.
    Glyph of Mana tea is not a panacea but it does have its uses. Essentially it decreases the time cost using your mana tea by 50% and allows you to use it while moving and without interrupting autoattacks.

normally your Mana Tea channel only consumes one charge per second, and you can channel as long as you can afford not to heal. with the glyph the time cost is only 1 seconds (a global cooldown) for two stacks instead of 2 seconds for two stacks; and assuming you are autoattacking, you are still able to attack and heal with Serpent's Zeal, and you can follow moving targets around. So those are its obvious advantages.

But you essentially loose to the flexibility of mana tea, for example you cannot Burn all your mana in an emergency and then liesurely spend 20 seconds drinking your tea once things have cooled off. Obviously that's a rather absurd scenario, but When a fight is intermittent which stretches with periods of hide healing demand interrupted here and there with a few seconds of down time to sip tea, keeping the ability unglyphed allows your more control over your mana.

/Correction (gcd is 1 second, apparently)

TLDR:
    If damage output to your party is constant and the healing demands are constant, Glyped Mana Tea used on cooldown is great. If an encounter alternates between burst healing and low healing, keep it unglyphed.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-02 at 02:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything I've read says our GCD is 1 second like Rogues, not 1.5 second. So Glyph of Mana Tea decreases the time cost by 50%. (Specifically, the Elitist Jerks guide says that Glyph of Mana Tea takes a 1 second GCD).

Also, Xuen counts as yellow damage for Emminence? I thought it would be orange pet damage (or does that count?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Xuen definitely indeed does proc Eminence.

I have no issues whatsoever not going into Melee.

It's quite simple to be a ranged only healer, certainly in 5 mans. Will see what the raids have to bring, but being in Melee range often comes with other 'dangers' you need to look for so I'll prefer to stay at range for progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    it should be pointed out that the Serpent Statues duplicated either Soothing Mist or Eminence, so wether you melee heal or ranged heal the serpent is essential to your base cleave healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    No, it is not so effective. While fistweaving you gain buffs which give you more throughput.
    Those buffs only affect attacks, which don't hit that hard to begin with, while healing the traditional way is always powerful without having to ramp it up. I've been healing just fine till Cata dungeons and I see no reason why that should suddenly change come endgame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fistweaving healing throughput doesn't come from only the auto attacks and jab/bok/tps. It comes from getting a lot of Chi which you spend on Uplift while rolling Renewing Mists on 8 targets (the cooldown is shorter than the duration). And it's not strictly about being more throughput than ranged healing, but also about being very mana efficient. All that chi feeds stacks of Mana Tea which you consume with the glyph on cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Dps->Healers (disc priests and fistweavers) are the only healers that can take advantage of damage multipliers on raid raid bosses, and Fistweavers uniquely can heal while silenced via melee attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    ...But do you change stances at all? Heal in the healing, DPS in the DPS? I know the healing one gives quite a large bonus to melee fighting, but with everything now costing mana...
    I just tried eating up some mana, then switching stances, and I do regen mana while in Fierce Tiger Stance, but I am unsure whether this applies in combat. I've been healing since level 10 (now 82), and it just doesn't seem worth it to swap out of our healing stance, due to all the benefits we would lose. We would lose our AP (200% of SP), our hit and expertise (50% of Spirit), and most importantly, we lose the Eminence passive healing effect. Furthermore, you can only retain 1 chi when swapping stances. It just doesn't seem like a viable alternative. If there's a period of a fight where absolutely NO healing is needed, then perhaps it's a good way to build up Mana Tea stacks, due to Fierce Tiger Stance providing 2 chi for every Jab and Expel Harm cast.

I have noticed I tend to eat up a lot more mana each level I progressed from around 70 to where I am now. I tend to overuse Spinning Crane Kick, and need to force myself to use Renewing Mist + Uplift + Thunder Focus Tea more often before I reach end-game. But I'm sure mana will become less of an issue once end-game gear is gained.

I have raided with every healer except a pally, and I am by far enjoying the Monk the most. In Cata I was raiding as a Resto Shammy, and I wasn't too excited about the changes, so I thought I'd give a Monk a try. Low level healing was boring, but it got fun with the addition of more spells in the mid 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    Once you get a bit geared, it is fun and not so hard.. And as concerning damage/healing - on most HC 5man bosses, i do not need to heal at all, just throw Renewing, pop Xuen and roflstomp 30k dps
    Just this.

Please refrain from making 'this' posts. If you have nothing to add to the conversation, do not post. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-11-02 at 03:29 PM.

I initially had trouble just Mistweaving when I hit 90 but once I got the hang of it I am able to do both efficiently, but ranged healing for myself is far far more optimal in raids. Fistweaving works great for HCs but only because the damage is low enough. In raids I've been top of the healing meter without breaking a sweat, though thanks to Renewing Mist my overhealing is a bit higher than I would like.

Mistweaver is a powerful healer, but it does take some practice and a little gear.