Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakAndAlePie View Post
    My grandfather recently got cremated and for some obscure reason they requested a coffin as well. 1000€ down the drain for a coffin that was in use for maybe 2 days.
    This is why I'm going to start a coffin rental business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Cremation and using my remains as fertilizer for my favorite tree, and sky burial seems like the most funniest way to dispose of a body .

Oh, I decided I want a different way. I wanna be cremated and have my ashes mixed in with the sand at a playground. The other alternative is to have it tossed inside of a bouncy castle, or into the ballroom at McDonalds. As long as there's some way for my ashes to irritate children as much as they've irritated me, I can rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Funeral homes are starting to do this actually.

I'm glad you have a very mature outlook on your coffin. I agree with you that an ornate coffin is a silly thing when a very basic pine box or even cremation suffices.
    You should understand though that any and all funeral proceedings from the coffin to the actual ceremony itself are simply part of the grieving process for the surviving family.

You went shopping for your own coffin? That's kinda weird... but a good idea I guess, may save your relatives some money.

I'd also get the cheapest one possible, as long as it doesn't have any friggin crosses printed on it.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

It's sort of the same reason for those big, fancy weddings: it's what people expect. Sometimes big weddings are for the couple. Just as often it is for the family. I think the same thing goes for funerals: some people want a BFD so they want expensive and beautiful caskets. Other times they do it because they think that is what their family will want. Who wants the leave their family with their final image of you being buried in an old refridgerator cardboard box?

I kind of wish we could take people's remains and dispose of it organically and use the material to help the soil.

I want people to make me a temple made of gold. There will be a labyrinth inside with death traps from all directions. No one will know the way since the architect and the constructors will all remain inside sacrificing themselves. (I dont want to feel lonely.)

The coffin which I will be in, will be made of gold (DUH) and will be like a Pharaohs's coffin. Atop of the coffin there will be a statue of me (made of pure gold) which will be the size of the Colossus of Rhodes.

http://imgur.com/a/ddTMd Beware! Kinda graphic but definitely educational. Its a "Sky Burial" and they do this because of the altitude. Burying people would take too long for the bodies to decompose and create an unhygienic situation.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/ddTMd Beware! Kinda graphic but definitely educational.
    Now I kind of want this to happen to my remains.

http://imgur.com/a/ddTMd Beware! Kinda graphic but definitely educational. Its a "Sky Burial" and they do this because of the altitude. Burying people would take too long for the bodies to decompose and create an unhygienic situation.
    I wonder what people think knowing they will become food when they die...

My mother actually insisted that we donate her body to a medical school.

No fuss, they take the body and return the cremated remains within a year or two. There are just a few contracts to sign.

At first I thought this was horrible, but then I thought there's a potential for the birds to carry my carrion away from the site into populated areas and possibly drop my dismembered penis into a crowd of people.

Naturally, the God fearing citizens of that town would worship this new monolith as it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    The raven piggy-backing on the vulture's back is super kawaii.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

At first I thought this was horrible, but then I thought there's a potential for the birds to carry my carrion away from the site into populated areas and possibly drop my dismembered penis into a crowd of people.

Naturally, the God fearing citizens of that town would worship this new monolith as it should be.
    Unless they drop it on top of the vatican.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Unless they drop it on top of the vatican.
    It would likely corrupt the ground and cause it all to sink into the Earth. Like when Sauron dies and the orc army is reclaimed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    The fact that you purposefully went out to purchase a coffin for when you're dead is messed up.

The fact that a moderator in the first reply (Fuzzie is a mod, right?) didn't say anything at all about this is just completely fucked up.
    What is wrong with that. Why burden my family with expenses when I die. Its not like its going to sit in my living room on display for people to look at or lay in. I just prepurchased it to be delivered when the day comes that it is needed. Using that logic, people shouldnt buy cemetary plots or prepay for mortuary expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    The fact that you purposefully went out to purchase a coffin for when you're dead is messed up.

The fact that a moderator in the first reply (Fuzzie is a mod, right?) didn't say anything at all about this is just completely fucked up.
    The hell? He's trying to save his family time and money. That's not screwed up, that's rational.

Deleted
    The idea of being launched from a catapult has always been appealing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is probably some law prohibiting using a coffin more than once due to some kind of sanitary reasons.