Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mini-Guide: What to Buy With Valor

So hopefully most of us are at 1000 valor by now, and should be *honored* with Golden Lotus either today or tomorrow.

So, what do you want to spend your valor on? They are:
    Klaxxi - Legs - 2250
    Golden Lotus - Ring - 1250
    August Celestials - Bracers - 1250
    August Celestials - Boots - 1750

Why these pieces? Simple: some dumb-shit employee at Blizzard neglected the fact that Mogu'shan Vaults does not drop any Legs, Rings, Bracers or Boots for Mages and Warlocks!

Therefore, if your guild isn't going to give Mages/Warlocks spirit gear (which they shouldn't), the above will be our BiS going into Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring.

The week those raids open, we should have earned 6000 Valor. The above costs a total of 6500 valor. Which means you might want to consider grinding out that last 500 valor before raid on Tuesday, Nov 6.

Note: for your second ring slot, there should be a Klaxxi quest chain at Revered or Exalted: Shadow of the Empire to get you a: Seal of the Lucid

edit: I meant you should be honored today with Golden Lotus
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-10-01 at 11:44 PM.

Revered with Klaxxi you mean I hope lol.

Klaxxi and Golden Lotus would be today if you dinged 90 and did their dailies on day 1, tomorrow if you dinged day 2. I don't know how long it will take to hit revered with August Celestials, but I'd be surprised if it took longer than a month.

You wont be revered with Golden Lotus today unless you did cross realm dailies. You will be honored today if you did it every day since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    You wont be revered with Golden Lotus today unless you did cross realm dailies. You will be honored today if you did it every day since day 1.
    Sorry, yes. I meant honored with Golden Lotus.

10+ Year Old Account
    gah I don't even have the strength to cap Valor, stuck at 500. Luckily Europe resets on Wednesday so I might force myself tomorrow.

Great guide, thanks for pointing this out

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    What are these cross realm dalies you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrion View Post
    Great guide, thanks for pointing this out

What are these cross realm dalies you speak of?
    People could hop to other servers using CRZ and get that servers dailies, which would potentially and probably be different than theirs, thus giving them more dailies=more rep. This has been fixed however.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm doing the klaxxi dailies since day 1, but i only have 9700/12000 :S

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i'm doing the klaxxi dailies since day 1, but i only have 9700/12000 :S
    Oh, sorry, I guess I forgot that I did a few turn in's for Dread Amber Shards.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 01:39 AM ----------

I've also noticed that we only have 1 viable weapon: The Wand off Elegon, and we have no viable off-hands.

I would recommend that mages consider buying a Inscribed Jade Fan from a scribe. Starlight inks are running around 200G on my server, and 5 daily CD's at about 750G -> 4350G. Jade Fan base should prob run you 1250 for a total of 5600G.
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-10-02 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Oh, sorry, I guess I forgot that I did a few turn in's for Dread Amber Shards.
    yeah they refuse to drop for me

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post

I would recommend that mages consider buying a Inscribed Jade Fan from a scribe. Starlight inks are running around 200G on my server, and 5 daily CD's at about 750G -> 4350G. Jade Fan base should prob run you 1250 for a total of 5600G.
    You logic fails quite spectacularly here, this same scroll of wisdom is used for Darkmoon Cards. So expect it to be at least 20k minimum price. You could get lucky, but dont pin your hopes on that... and if you got an inscriptioner, its still better to craft Darkmoon cards, sell them and buy the offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You logic fails quite spectacularly here, this same scroll of wisdom is used for Darkmoon Cards. So expect it to be at least 20k minimum price. You could get lucky, but dont pin your hopes on that... and if you got an inscriptioner, its still better to craft Darkmoon cards, sell them and buy the offhand.
    Different servers, different markets I guess. No one on my server is selling the Fan unless specifically requested, but quite a few people are already selling Dark Moon Cards.

I just threw out a number for a ballpark idea of how much the offhand will cost. If making the offhand costs you a ridiculous amount of gold on your server... well sucks for you.

Inscribed Jade Fan is a pretty significant upgrade from the one that drops in Brewery. It's also better than the Malevolent Gladiator's Offhand, but worse than the Malevolent Gladiator's Elite Version Offhand. And again, the only offhands in Mogu'shan Vaults have spirit.

The Golden Lotus rings cost JP, according to Wowhead, not VP.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Dammit Was looking forward to getting an essentially free raid-level ring. Oh well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Don't forget that you can farm for those... Gui-lou keys? (not sure about the name there) wich will open up chests that contains items that can be turned in for rep on Golden lotus. If you got some time over I suggest farming a few to increase your reputation gain speed.

That's assumes you can find any damn chests. I've got a bunch of keys, but over the last 3 days I've not managed to find a single chest to use them on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    That's assumes you can find any damn chests. I've got a bunch of keys, but over the last 3 days I've not managed to find a single chest to use them on.
    They can be found inside <Prefix name same as the keys> Vaults, in the north west corner of VoeB. If you can't find them inside try to kill yourself by pulling the spiders and precced within the closed door.

Update:
    PvP Vendors are now up.

Malevolent Gladiator's Elite Version Offhand requires 2200 rating and you must have first earned 15700 conquest points this season before you can buy it.
    Malevolent Gladiator's Offhand (normal version) requires that you must have first earned 7250 conquest points this season before you can buy it.

Update 2:
    OMFG... all the honor gear is better than all the heroic dungeon gear... I'm not kidding. WTF