Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Heroic Darkmist Vortex seems a bit lackluster for what is supposed to be the best trinket of the tier for us. It's at a 509 ilvl vs heroic Lei Shin's Final Orders which is 502 ilvl, but heroic Lei Shin's Final Orders is superior. Doesn't seem right to me, but whatever.
    Yet Darkmoon card is 476, overbudget and far superior to eveything else and it feels right? {◕ ◡ ◕}

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Yet Darkmoon card is 476, overbudget and far superior to eveything else and it feels right? {◕ ◡ ◕}
    It's not superior to any normal/heroic trinket that drops out of any raid instance in this tier, so you're wrong or lying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Darkmist Vortex seems a bit lackluster for what is supposed to be the best trinket of the tier for us. It's at a 509 ilvl vs heroic Lei Shin's Final Orders which is 502 ilvl, but heroic Lei Shin's Final Orders is superior. Doesn't seem right to me, but whatever.
    You currently have 9-9500ish haste I'm guessing that Darkmist gives you nearly 7800 haste for 20 seconds on hit proc. I'm not sure where the lackluster is but 7.8k haste on a proc is pretty damn nice. Think about it from the strength side, currently we have 3k strength trinkets, The haste proc would need to be double the strength proc at a minimum to have it surpass that and it's double plus some.

It's a really good trinket, Now while I'm not a fan of being pigeonholed into haste but it's where Blizzard wants us for some reason and while I don't care for it at least they made the secondary stat strong enough that it works for the class on some level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    You currently have 9-9500ish haste I'm guessing that Darkmist gives you nearly 7800 haste for 20 seconds on hit proc. I'm not sure where the lackluster is but 7.8k haste on a proc is pretty damn nice. Think about it from the strength side, currently we have 3k strength trinkets, The haste proc would need to be double the strength proc at a minimum to have it surpass that and it's double plus some.

It's a really good trinket, Now while I'm not a fan of being pigeonholed into haste but it's where Blizzard wants us for some reason and while I don't care for it at least they made the secondary stat strong enough that it works for the class on some level.
    Well, the 4-piece set bonus nerf really screwed up what they had in mind for it, I would say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the 4-piece set bonus nerf really screwed up what they had in mind for it, I would say.
    While I hated that nerf it was needed otherwise Ret would have been forced to hold on to T14 into T15 and they had to make sure that the bonus wouldn't outlive the gear. I saw it coming a long time ago but hoped we would get to take advantage of it during one of the instances
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I have normal Darkmist/relic/lfr Lei Shin

darkmist/lfr Lei Shin is simming 1k more dps than any other combination. stuck with this lfr item longer than I hoped lol

you're wrong or lying.
    Whaaaa, way to take it the wrong way, I'm not wrong nor lying because it was meant as a joke really, picking on the fact that one trinket performing more than it should is technically wrong but doesn't feel wrong and the other does for doing the opposite.

I thought attaching the Sha of Happiness' face made it all good and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    While I hated that nerf it was needed otherwise Ret would have been forced to hold on to T14 into T15 and they had to make sure that the bonus wouldn't outlive the gear. I saw it coming a long time ago but hoped we would get to take advantage of it during one of the instances
    Yeah, but we should receive some buff on other things. TV prefered, since this, without the 2/5 set bonus is also lame.
    This would also be fine for PvP, since Rets are getting nerfed and we will be shit.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    Yeah, but we should receive some buff on other things. TV prefered, since this, without the 2/5 set bonus is also lame.
    This would also be fine for PvP, since Rets are getting nerfed and we will be shit.
    My biggest issue is we are in the same spot as always, I burst up to 200K on pulls and eventually fall behind everyone else as the fight drags on. Hunters also seem to be in this spot. Boomkins are a great example of sustaining damage the entire time and spiking on cooldowns and I really wish we worked more like that.

I just got some new trinkets, and i would like to know which combo of trinkets would be the best. I just got Darkmist Vortex and I haveJade Charioteer Figurine and Lei Shin's Final Orders

What would be the best combo for this?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

sorry if this has been asked before, i might just be failing at something simple.

i got a darkmist vortex out of LFR yesterday, and while i know its inferior to my darkmoon card/regular lei shin, i went to test it out on a dummy, 10 minutes later i've not gotten it to proc.

has anyone else had issues with the proc on other versions of this trinket or am i just being bad?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    sorry if this has been asked before, i might just be failing at something simple.

i got a darkmist vortex out of LFR yesterday, and while i know its inferior to my darkmoon card/regular lei shin, i went to test it out on a dummy, 10 minutes later i've not gotten it to proc.

has anyone else had issues with the proc on other versions of this trinket or am i just being bad?
    It might be that it doesn't proc on dummies specifically. Try it out on real mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

All i have to do with mine on dummies is auto attack. Pretty much procs right away.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    All i have to do with mine on dummies is auto attack. Pretty much procs right away.
    weird.
    i did eventually get it to proc, but only got one proc at around minute 12 of afk auto swinging at the dummy for 30 minutes. my earlier 10 minute test i had been going through a full combat queue with cooldowns and everything ( i'm specced DP)

i do hope the regular/heroic versions don't have this problem.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    I just got some new trinkets, and i would like to know which combo of trinkets would be the best. I just got Darkmist Vortex and I haveJade Charioteer Figurine and Lei Shin's Final Orders

What would be the best combo for this?
    As You can see on the first page.
    Lei Shin's and Darmist Vortex are the best trinkets for us, so use this combo.
    Even though they are from LFRs.

You want to use Lei Shin's ALWAYS. This trinket with 45ICD is *best*. However Jade Charioteer is "on use", so if You rather to combine this with Your other CDs - it's up to You to be honest, but if You change it with Darkmist Vortex, You will lose almost 500dps.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Great, great work here
    Thanks for the excel spreadsheet, works like a charm with custom stats-weights.

Thanks for your efforts and your time!

BiS ret thread says N lei shin's > N Darkmist Vortex > DMC
    while this one says N lei shin's > DMC > N Darkmist Vortex

Which 1 is it ? Because i passed N darkmist to our tank last week and if its better i get it next time it drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    BiS ret thread says N lei shin's > N Darkmist Vortex > DMC
    while this one says N lei shin's > DMC > N Darkmist Vortex

Which 1 is it ? Because i passed N darkmist to our tank last week and if its better i get it next time it drops.
    I'm no theory-crafter, so feel free to ignore me, but the ranking shows that DMC has a value of 3 more dps than N Darkmist. 3 dps means nothing. Personally, I'd go with DMC, just because it has a good chance of proccing at the same time as Lei Shin's.

Assuming no one else needs it, I'd take the Darkmist and Simcraft myself with each trinket combo. The rest of your gear stats can effect which trinket has more value (or so I have heard).

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I'm no theory-crafter, so feel free to ignore me, but the ranking shows that DMC has a value of 3 more dps than N Darkmist. 3 dps means nothing. Personally, I'd go with DMC, just because it has a good chance of proccing at the same time as Lei Shin's.

Assuming no one else needs it, I'd take the Darkmist and Simcraft myself with each trinket combo. The rest of your gear stats can effect which trinket has more value (or so I have heard).
    My thoughts exactly, Darkmist has 105ICD while DMC and Lei both 45ICD, but i still had doubts about it, if any1 can also confirm this would really be good !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    My thoughts exactly, Darkmist has 105ICD while DMC and Lei both 45ICD, but i still had doubts about it, if any1 can also confirm this would really be good !
    Use SimulationCraft to obtain your stats-weights, then DL the spreadsheet from the OP and enter your stat-weights, and then check the values of the trinkets you want to compare