Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalama View Post
    Hi guys, I am new to this forum for sure, I really only have any time for LFR with my busy work schedule and family priorities:

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ascus/advanced

I was just wondering aside from the obvious that I have no Enchants and still need a bunch of Gems, Are my trinket choices ok? or should I be trying to get the Spark from LFR... I am just unsure as to whether the LFR Spark will overtake the Valor Trinket in DPS. Thank you for you help guys.
    Considering you're 5% over hit cap I'd say try and get spark just to help with your horrendously high hit. Swap cloak enchant to crit. Hopefully you get some t15 LFR pieces to help drop your hit further, since last part of LFR is opening up(Edit: okay so I forgot LFR schedule, last wing opening up NEXT week as it turns out...) hopefully you'll get Uroe to help lower your hit some more. I'd seriously consider doing haste/stam gems instead of haste/hit to give you just a little more of a health pool. Buy the valor cloak when you can, stat distribution on it is much better than horridon cloak.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2013-04-09 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Also, VP trinket is on a 75sec ICD so be sure to configure your addons to track it corrrectly

My God you are damn right TEHPALLY, I put my stats in Askmrrobot and it didn't seem to mention that I was over on hit. I just noticed this when I read the thread. I am very confused as to why it seems to still tell me to use the green gems that give me extra hit... I will take your advice and change up my Gems as soon as I get on tonight. Thank you again does anyone happen to know what to change the stat weight as so I can get an accurate reading from Askmrrobot?

Amalama, I'm from AskMrRobot and I looked up your character. First of all, green gems with hit were chosen because the socket bonus was worth it, even though hit was essentially worth 0. You might ask why a stamina hybrid wasn't used: it's because the weight on stamina is 0 (makes the optimizations faster). So I did 2 things: I set the weight of hit to 0, just to see how LOW you could get your hit. The lowest you can get is 10.24, so the advice to swap out the trinket is probably good. Next, I set the weight of stamina to 0.5 so MR. Robot would choose stamina hybrid gems. Here's the result.

As a side note, we're close to finishing our new algorithm for optimizing. Since it is showing to be 10x to 100x faster in most cases, we can put a weight on stamina to avoid these types of cases We ran my character through the optimizer and got a result in 10 milliseconds. Most cases are around 100 milliseconds though. Our goal with this is to guarantee the absolute BEST solution, in a very fast time So keep an eye out for the beta test announcement.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Feather normal>Spark normal>=VPtrink>lfr feather>Last order of leis hen normal >Relic>>lfr spark
    I'm kind of shocked that Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault would beat LFR-Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun. It's only 226 str per stack lower than the normal version. I figured it would still be ahead.

Deleted
    It goes up to 13kstr compared to 16k for normal and 18k HC.
    But yeah if you get lucky on proc, it can level with shado-pan talisman so better say:
    Feather normal>Spark normal>=VPtrink>=lfr feather>Last order of leis hen normal >Relic>>lfr spark

Awesome Zoopercat, Thank you so much. I am going to try and get that new trinket from LFR if I am able to and will try and make these adjustments tonight. I made it home way too late last night to do anything more than just mount runs sadly... I will definitely be looking out for the new Beta and see where it takes me. Thanks again guys for all of the help!

Deleted
    Feather normal>Spark normal>=VPtrink>lfr feather>Last order of leis hen normal >Relic>>lfr spark
    Where does Primordius' Talisman fit in this ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Where does Primordius' Talisman fit in this ?

Probably slightly ahead of normal Lei Shen's, LFR Ji-kuns would pull ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Probably slightly ahead of normal Lei Shen's, LFR Ji-kuns would pull ahead.
    It's just most of the time (dummy practice) I see 1-3 stacks.. 10 seconds duration and low proc chance are bad bad bad..

It goes up to 13kstr compared to 16k for normal and 18k HC.
    But yeah if you get lucky on proc, it can level with shado-pan talisman so better say:
    Feather normal>Spark normal>=VPtrink>=lfr feather>Last order of leis hen normal >Relic>>lfr spark
    WRONG

The trinket tooltip values are wrong you can get up to 18k on the normal mode version it's 1800 a stack not 1400ish

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    It's just most of the time (dummy practice) I see 1-3 stacks.. 10 seconds duration and low proc chance are bad bad bad..
    Correct Rage is bad

does LFR feather beat the valor trinket? My combo currently is TF spark + valor. Im having a hard time with swapping to the LFR feather because I have the hit/crit sword from council and am stuck wearing tier gloves (i have TF rein binders but cant wear them cause i need to keep 4pc) until i can get the tier pants. I would be so overloaded on hit.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DWguild View Post
    does LFR feather beat the valor trinket? My combo currently is TF spark + valor. Im having a hard time with swapping to the LFR feather because I have the hit/crit sword from council and am stuck wearing tier gloves (i have TF rein binders but cant wear them cause i need to keep 4pc) until i can get the tier pants. I would be so overloaded on hit.

Thoughts?
    Without directly answering to your question, I remember times like the Trial of the Crusader or ICC, when I had to change 2-3 or even 4 items at a time to juggle hit and expertise caps (no reforge back then). It seems you might be in the same boat, banking items and waiting for the proper new ones to drop for you.

out of curiosity where does a partially upgraded Darkmist Vortex(normal) fit in this?

As I currently using that and the relic but I recently just got the lfr fearther, so i dont know if i should switch out the darkmist or the relic.

after reading this thread...i may just end up getting the valor point trinket.

not that we are owning horridon...we've only downed him 2 or 3 times...but no trinket.

as of right now was going with normal lei shin's last order and lfr spark...if lfr spark is behind the valor trinket...i may as well get that thing.

love the fact that i've gotten the lfr spark 3 times without even rolling for it. fantastic.

oh, and that i'm at 8.5% hit and can't get rid of anymore hit....if i get that sword from council at some point...yikes on the hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venters View Post
    out of curiosity where does a partially upgraded Darkmist Vortex(normal) fit in this?

As I currently using that and the relic but I recently just got the lfr fearther, so i dont know if i should switch out the darkmist or the relic.
    Vortex has a bad ICD, swap it for feathers.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I don't main my Ret anymore I have paid attention to numbers and last night in the alt run the Gaze dropped since I was the only strength user in the raid I figured might as well toy with it. While I'm certainly not an advocate for that trinket as it is crit based and we have shit for crit. I would say it's very close to Heroic Lei Shen's Final Orders 2/2 upgraded. I ran several tests last night and the values are very close. So given the trinket I would say the 522 Gaze is as good as the Heroic Lei Shins non upgraded.

It's a good trinket to take over DE if you don't already have Lei Shins Heroic upgraded. It's too bad we don't value crit at all the trinket would be a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I can confirm Requital's assessment that Gaze is close to 510 LSFO. I have it as well and my findings are the same. In addition, Simulationcraft shows that they are quite similar.

Here is a snapshot of a number of trinkets sim'd against my gear. 4pc t15 (522) along w/ 522 Wep. Each trinket is sim'd individually so this doesnt take into account how 2 trinkets interact with each other. Also note that FFoJ, PToR, and BTotSA are all reforged to haste and the hit/exp are entirely over cap and not utilized. Interestingly, I show PToR as slightly better than SoZ.

SimulationCraft Results:
    Code:
    FFoJ_522    : 133785 dps
    PToR_528    : 132248 dps
    FFoJ_502    : 131761 dps
    PToR_522    : 131660 dps
    SoZ_522     : 131004 dps
    LSFO_510    : 130399 dps
    GotT_522    : 130366 dps
    PToR_502    : 129935 dps
    BTotSA      : 129886 dps
    Relic_484   : 129295 dps
    SoZ_502     : 129207 dps
    GotT_502    : 128803 dps

suggestions for a addon that track trinket icds?

Deleted
    How about an abbreviations list ??