Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Compilation of Rogue Nerfs

List of Rogue Nerfs:

Blind CD increased from 2 to 3 mins

Vanish CD increased from 2 to 3 mins

Evasion CD increased from 2 to 3 mins

Smokebomb CD increased from 2 to 3 mins, removed from Prep

Cloak of Shadows CD increased from 1.5 mins to 2 mins, was added to Prep though.

Shiv can now be dodged and parried and has a 10 sec CD, energy cost increased to 20

Ambush +60% crit chance talent removed, overall damage of ability also reduced
    Backstab +30% crit chance talent removed, overall damage of ability also reduced
    Mutilate +30% crit chance talent removed, overall damage of ability also reduced

Hemorrhage no longer triggers the +16% bonus damage of Sang. Vein on your target, you must have a Rupture or Garrote bleed up at all times to receive the damage bonus

+5% crit from Honor Among Thieves is gone

+15% healing received from Fleet Footed completely removed

Crippling Poison speed reduction went from 70% to 50% (makes it more difficult to land ambush or backstab your target)

You have to choose between Deadly Throw or Combat Readiness, essentially removing one of those skills from us.

You have to choose between Preparation or Shadowstep, essentially removing one of those skills from us.

Dirty Tricks, talent which allows your Gouge to not break on bleeds was removed from sub. Was buffed so bleeds can tick during blind.

Shadow Blades is a nice ability, HOWEVER, it’s on a huge 3 min CD.

Recuperate healing % reduced by 2%, and the 6% damage reduction completely removed.

Hmm I play rogue and they need a buff im struggling to do 50k dps while monk for exemple are doing 75k dps with spinning crane kick it's very unfair.
    Oh also im not the best rogue in pvp but every other class are melting me while they tank as hell.

I just can't believe every one of these nerfs went through to live.

I don't think I've seen a class nerfed this hard before

Deleted
    Wasn't the amount of energy generated by Energetic Recovery also reduced? I seem to recall it generating more than 8 energy.

also those useless talents almost all of them are just meh (also recup regened 12 energy)
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    also those useless talents almost all of them are just meh (also recup regened 12 energy)
    Energetic recovery's effectiveness is unchanged. it went from 12 every 3 sec to 8 every 2

Deleted
    For me the hardest changes to swallow are :

-Over 10 of the talents are recycled old ones or directly old skills.
    -Over half of the glyphs, including Glyph of Ambush, were not updated.
    -Shadow Walk is a lazy and unnecessary skill without animation, sound or anything.
    -Rotations simplied and homogenized.

Power comes and goes...but this...

Healthstones got an icon upgrade, but Shadow Walk can't get its own icon? Why is Blade Flurry still using old Seal of Righteousness animation?
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2012-10-02 at 05:03 PM.

Shiv's energy cost went down. Listing the shiv changes as a nerf is unfair, as shiv has been redesigned.

Blade Flurry's icon is only Blade Flurry's icon, and has been for a very long time (wasn't the SoR one recolored?)? I'd be sad if they changed it. They also DID make a second blade flurry icon- it's the "mirror" of the active one. Watch for the icon change to go back to "non flurry mode", and it shows the energy going back into the sword instead of radiating out. I really like the mirroed state based nature of blade flurry, and I think their icons are great there.

The +crit percentage should not have been taken away. The current crop of devs forget that these crit chances were to represent that these moves all require striking from behind, and as such the rogue has a higher chance of striking critically (mutilate is on the list because it USED to have that restriction).

The removal of +5% crit is part of the relocation of raid buffs. Rogues now bring +5% spell damage and +10% melee haste in all specs, instead of spell damage in mutilate, physical damage in combat, and crit in subt. That is not a nerf.

The +healing going away is very sad, especially given that druids can now glyph it in cat form, but we can't glyph it period.

Listing shadow blades in your "nerf list" is poor form. It's fine to have a three minute cooldown ability.

Recuperate flat out needs buffs.

Deleted
    Dont act as it wasnt needed. Rogues have been king of the hill in pvp for SO long. This was needed.

Mod edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-10-03 at 02:08 PM.

Useless post or uselessest post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Dont act as it wasnt needed. Rogues have been king of the hill in pvp for SO long. This was needed.
    Actually, with the back-scaling of gear NO nerfs were needed. The drop in stats due to scaling alone was sufficient to balance our damage. They could have left us untouched and our damage output would still have dropped immensely.

Random "rogues are/were op" posts always have a scent of "I have no idea what I'm talking about" to them.

Rogue is one of the first if not the first class to complete all the gold challenges. Seems viable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    Rogue is one of the first if not the first class to complete all the gold challenges. Seems viable to me.
    Pretty sure that would be thanks to Shroud of Concealment wich stealths your entire group and lets you skip groups saving alot of time since we are not exactly at the top of the meters with current gear levels and haven't got to much utility that i can think of that's actually useful in fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    shroud of concealment.

Rogues were OP, to a great extent, in Cata because of the PVE items we used.

We didn't really need any other balance. Why? Sub was the ONLY viable spec. It was in conjunction with mages/locks that saw rogue viablity skyrocket WITH their pve items.

Right now, rogues are gutted. They are literally useless in arena.

Also, do you even understand the dynamic of what happened in MoP?

ALL class got MORE mobility, MORE damage, MORE survival.
    ROGUES got LESS mobility, LESS damage, LESS survival.

Rogues use to bring Utility and Control. We now are average at best with this. More classes bring better.
    Rogues use to have weak damage and high burst. We now have weak damage and weak burst.

Mod edit: I found better to remove the unneeded sentences from your post.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-10-03 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightnail View Post
    Rogues were OP, to a great extent, in Cata because of the PVE items we used.

We didn't really need any other balance. Why? Sub was the ONLY viable spec. It was in conjunction with mages/locks that saw rogue viablity skyrocket WITH their pve items.

Right now, rogues are gutted. They are literally useless in arena.

Also, do you even understand the dynamic of what happened in MoP?

ALL class got MORE mobility, MORE damage, MORE survival.
    ROGUES got LESS mobility, LESS damage, LESS survival.

Rogues use to bring Utility and Control. We now are average at best with this. More classes bring better.
    Rogues use to have weak damage and high burst. We now have weak damage and weak burst.
    exactly this im so disappointed with MoP i play my rogue since BC and now im actually thinking about rerolling to something more faceroll
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-10-03 at 02:09 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    I have played rogue since vanilla.
    This is the biggest nerfs ever, i actually think they designed monk and are thinking of deleting the rogue class. just watch.
    Every ranged class have a thing to get away from melee´s with, on 16-20 sec. rogues to get to ranged is 24sec.

atm the rogue class is broken, we have zero burst, the only way we can win a duel, is if we make them pop thair trinket, blind them and let the bleeds and poison kill them.
    btw rogues starves of combopoints!i feel like a poor kid in africa (not racial ment) 5 combo to recub, 5 to rupture 5 to SnD. 15 combo, mutiliate grants 2-3. cheap 2. dispatch 1.

Sorry for bad english, since english is my second language

Abilities...
    Kick
    Old - 10sec cooldown. A quick kick that interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 5 sec.
    New - 15sec cooldown. A quick kick that interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 5 sec.
    Honour Among Thieves
    Old - When anyone in your group critically hits with a damage or healing spell or ability, you have a X% chance to gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every second.
    New - When any player in your party or raid critically hits with a spell or ability, you gain a combo point on your current target. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds, and can only occur while you are in combat.
    Feint
    Old - Performs a feint, causing no damage but lowering your threat by a X amount, making the enemy less likely to attack you. {In additon, reduces the damage you take from area of effect attacks by 50%.}
    New - Perfoems an evasive maeunver, reducing damage taken from area-of-effect attacks by 50% for 7sec.
    Shadowstep
    Old - Causes you to step through the shadows and appear behind an enemy target. Your next Ambush or Garrote delivered within 10 sec will deal 30% additional damage, and your movement speed is increased by 70% for 3 sec.
    New - Step through the shadows and appear behind a target. Movement speed is increased by 70% for 2 sec afterwards.
    Crippling Poison
    Old - Each strike has a 50% chance of poisoning the enemy, slowing their movement speed by 70% for 12 sec.
    New - Coats your weapons with a Non-Lethal Poison that lasts for 1hour. Each strike has a 50% chance of poisoning the enemy, slowing their movement speed by 50% for 12sec. Shiv Effect: Reduces the target's movement speed by 70% for 12 sec.
    Cheat Death
    Old - You have a 100% chance to completely avoid any damaging attack that would otherwise kill you and reduce all damage taken by up to 90% for 3 sec (modified by resilience). This effect cannot occur more than once per minute.
    New - An attack that would otherwise be fatal will instead reduce you no lower than 10% of your maximum health, and damage taken will be reduced by 80% for 3 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once per 90 seconds.
    Shiv
    Old - Strikes an enemy's pressure point with your offhand weapon, guaranteeing poison application from that weapon and dispelling an Enrage effect on the target. Slower weapons require more Energy. Neither Shiv nor the poison it applies can be a critical strike. Awards 1 combo point.
    New - Strikes an enemy's pressure point with your off-hand weapon, dealing 25% weapon damage, dispelling an Enrage effect from the target, and applying a concentrated form of your active Non-Lethal poison.
    See individual Non-Lethal poison tooltips for details regarding the concentrated effects of each. This ability now has a 10sec cooldown.
    Cold Blood
    Old - When activated, generates 25 Energy and increases the critical strike chance of your next non-periodic offensive ability by 100%.
    New - No longer available
    Evasion
    Old - Increases the rogue's dodge chance by 50% and reduces the chance ranged attacks hit the rogue by 25%. Lasts 15 sec.
    New - Increases your dodge chance by 50% for 15 sec.
    Parry (Passive)
    Old - 5% parry with 0 rating
    New - 3% parry with 0 rating
    Quickening/Fleet Footed
    Old - Quickening - All healing effects on you are increased by 20% and your momement speed is increased by 15%. This does not stack with most other movement speed increasing effects.
    New - Fleet Footed - Your movement speed is increased by 15%. This does not stack with most other movement speed increasing effects.
    Master Poisoner
    Old - Increases the spell damage taken by any target you have poisoned by 8%, causes your Envenom ability to no longer consume Deadly Poison, and reduces the duration of Poison effects applied to you by 50%.
    New - Increases the spell damage taken by any target you have poisonned by 5%.
    Deadly Throw / Throw
    Rogues no longer have access to Deadly Throw unless talented. Also, the Throw ability does considerably less damage than before. I was getting 4-7k hits with throw at 85 before 5.0 and was getting 200-400 hits after 5.0 patch.
    Preperation
    Rogues are now forced to chose either Preperation OR shadowstep, instead of having access to both.
    Leeching Poison / Paralytic Poison
    Rogues cannot use either of these, because we need Crippling Poison, which is essential for pvp.
    Additional Nerfs...
    Precision (Talent)
    Talent is no longer available. Previously added up to 6% hit for both melee and poisons.
    Improved Sinister Strike (Talent)
    Talent no longer available. Previously added up to 30% damage increase to Sinister Strike, and reduced it's energy cost by 6.
    Aggression (Talent)
    Talent no longer available. Previously added up to 20% damage increase to Sinister Strike, Backstab and Eviscerate.
    Weapon Expertise (Talent)
    Talent no longer available. Previously increased expertise by up to 10.
    Surprise Attacks (Talent)
    Talent no longer available. Your finishing moves can no longer be dodged or parried and the damage dealt by your Sinister Strike, Backstab, Shiv, Hemorrhage and Gouge abilities is increased by 10%.
    Glyph Nerfs...
    Glyph of Mutilate
    Old - used to reduce Mutilate energy cost by 5.
    Glyph of Backstab
    Old - used to grant 5 energy when backstab crits.
    Glyph of Rupture
    Old - used to increase Rupture duration by 4sec.
    Glyph of Slice n Dice
    Old - used to uncrease SnD duration by 3 sec.
    Glyph of Feint
    Old - Reduces the energy cost of Feint by 20.
    New - Increases the duration of Feint by 2 sec.
    Glyph of Blade Flurry
    Old - Reduces the penalty to energy regeneration while Blade Flurry is active by 50%.
    New - Your attacks have a 30% higher chance of applying Non-Lethal poisons while Blade Flurry is active.
    Glyph of Tricks of the Trade
    Old - Tricks of the trade no longer costs energy, but the damage benefit is reduced by 5%.
    New - Your Tricks of the Trade ability no longer costs Energy, but also no longer increases the damage dealt by the target.

Mages were definitely more OP than rogues in Cata, rogues just get all the attention because everyone hates them.

Deleted
    Rogue main since TBC, I'm switching to monk, not enjoying rogue at all, extremely dull, I expect they'll revamp us in 4.1