Light of the Cosmos

Looking at loot lists I have just noticed that the only epic trinket in Mogu'Shan vaults has 1079 haste and a proc for 3236 intellect from damage over time effects.
    I suddenly realised that I actually have no idea how Frost Bomb interacts with these kind of trinkets. Does it proc 100% of the time due to its reduced ticks? Does it count as a periodic effect at all?

Obviously you can't test it with this trinket yet but if anyone has any other trinkets that proc off damage over time effects it'd be nice to find out whether we'll have to swap spells to gain the advantage of this item or not.

Hmm, I don't think frost bomb would count towards that requirement, it doesn't have any damage over time, just 1 huge explosion on a timer. Someone should definitely test it.

Just tested with Necromantic Focus, did not manage to get the buff with Frost bomb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdorick View Post
    Just tested with Necromantic Focus, did not manage to get the buff with Frost bomb.
    Crap. Guess I'll have to roll NT/LB if I win the trinket then. :/

Yeah that's a bit of a pain, oh well thanks for testing it out for us.

Deleted
    I think that the uptime will be good in Fire (dot from Bomb, Pyro and Combu).
    But for Arcane and Frost, I don't think it will be the same even with Nether Tempest full haste.

yep i plan on passing it to our shadow priest because i know he loves haste :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I'll take it for Fire since I plan on favoring Fire, but wouldn't use it for Frost/Arcane at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I'll take it for Fire since I plan on favoring Fire, but wouldn't use it for Frost/Arcane at all.
    Why wouldn't you?
    Haste is Frost's best secondary stat