Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I need a high pop PVE EU realm with a horde population bias

I'm sick of being on a PvP server. for 5 years i've been on one now, but for the last 3, the realm i was on had barely any alliance, both Kor'Gall and Kazzak. so I had barely any reason to worry about world PvP. and that was good, because I hate PvP with the burning fiery passion of a thousand blistering suns. but now that the TLI is coalesced, and that connected realms will arrive, AND with that blasted censer of eternal agony, i've got enough of PvP realms.

I want an EU realm with the following properties:

high pop;
    normal realm, no PvP;
    huge faction imbalance, preferably horde;
    friendly environment for PvE raid pugs, if at all possible.

is there a realm like that?

I would recomend Draenor. It fits all your criteria.

Draenor is the best choice for what you want.

Deleted
    Draenor has frequent queue times it seems. what is the best option that doesn't have frequent queues?

Deleted
    There's no High pop PVE realms other then Draenor & Silvermoon. Both experiencing queue times. The other high pop realm are ALL PVP realms.
    If possible queue times is something what you want to avoid you'll be looking at medium pop realm. Medium pop PVE realms usually don't have a huge imbalance like most PVP realms have and they tend to favor alliance usually.

Perhaps Argent Dawn then, even though it's RP. It has an active horde side it seems.
    I played on a medium realm before and if it's high population with all it's advantages you're after, I'd stick with where you are or go to Draenor.
    Last edited by mmocd16ecf1e21; 2013-09-14 at 04:07 PM.

If you intend to stay horde, you don't have a lot of options other than Draenor. Almost all the PvE servers are alliance dominated (and most, though not all, PvP servers are horde dominated). The only other PvE server in EU that has more horde than alliance is Chamber of Aspects, but it is a low-medium population server.

So I'd suggest Draenor, the queue times are because of the new patch, usually there's now queues there.

Deleted
    I see. what about an Alliance heavy server with the same restrictions? (PvE, high pop, pug friendly)?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I see. what about an Alliance heavy server with the same restrictions? (PvE, high pop, pug friendly)?
    From what I recall Shadowsong should be good for Alliance. Not sure if it's the highest tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor is the biggest. My Horde toons are also there so i can can personally recommend it.

Would probably be Silvermoon. But like Mendacity mentioned, also queue times. Played on Silvermoon myself for a few weeks not too long ago, but the longest queue I had was just 2 minutes. Not sure how it is now right after the patch though.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    From what I recall Shadowsong should be good for Alliance. Not sure if it's the highest tho.
    Shadowsong definitely isn't the biggest Realm, and can have issues at times. Unlike High Pop Realms you in 5.3 you wouldn't see people lining up to kill Nalak on Wednesday morning just after reset, and beyond my guild there's not much in terms of PVP that I know of. Seen a couple of Flex raids going recently, but if you want High Pop I'd recommend Silvermoon. People on Shadowsong are waiting for a Connected Realm or two to liven it up a bit. Shadowsong isn't by any means dead, but can be quiet at times. Horde is extremely quiet, yet with the release of 5.4 they seem to have emerged from hiding.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Silvermoon. I also play there too and it's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever you go if one of your principle criteria is high population you're at risk for queue times.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Silvermoon. I also play there too and it's great.
    Yea it is great, except for the 20+ mins queue's at evening right now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i'd personally pick any high pop PvE server redardless of the A/H ratio (unless it's a huge disadvantage, like Silvermoon Horde)

PvE servers don't have a lot of PvPer running around tagged only to stress people farming, but with balanced factions you can do some PvP stuff. Imagine farming Bloody Coins as Alliance on Silvermoon (i bet some people are leveling a char or paying players on the other faction with the only purpose of farming those coins)

Deleted
    I'd avoid Shadowsong entirely if you're after an active realm(and other medium to low populated servers). The raidquality has gone down a lot and there's barely any quality guilds left minus 2 or 3. People move away from there, instead of going there. Perhaps connected realms might change it and live things up again, but till then the server has quite low activity. I've played on Shadowsong and I too was once after a high populated realm and experienced activity on Frostmane, Sylvanas, Kazzak and Draenor. Finally I settled on a very low populated realm, and honestly with the right guild the activity on the realm barely matters. It even has it's advantages in some aspects.

Anyway, looking what you're after you have 2 choices which are Draenor for Horde and Silvermoon for Alliance. Argent Dawn is a valid option too despite being an RP realm. You could also consider having a look at Stormrage.

Perhaps try some servers out, make a level 1 alt and move to Org/SW. Usually from watching trade on peak hours can give an idea about the activity outside from the numbers on wowprogress or realmpop.

Good luck in your decision.

I'd recommend Proudmoore if you start seeing queue times and it bothers you that much. I have screenshots of literally hundreds (as in plural) of people camping Huolon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yea it is great, except for the 20+ mins queue's at evening right now.
    I was able to login at 7 last night without any issues, I take it's a little later than that?

Draenor has frequent queue times it seems. what is the best option that doesn't have frequent queues?
    High pop = queues, you cannot have one without another. And with the merged realms so very close, surely much better to wait till that is done as whichever realm you chose could change dramatically in the next few months.

Why would someone need a faction bias for a PvE server?

oQueue, motherfucker. Do you use it?