Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the old point to the new one.
    Seconded. New JP system is kinda meh, i almost turning all my JP into materials and selling the craftables.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Err, the primary source of JPs is heroics. So, no.

The JP items are 450 (and now 458) because they assume players have 4000JP banked up from Cataclysm.

This is really bizarre, because you're killing bosses that drop 463 gear to get points you can spend for inferior gear. At least 458 is half a tier closer.
    JP gear is doing its job that is being an option in case you get unlucky on bosses' drops without making bosses' drops useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    How the hell did they not forsee this?

Oh, let's make the PvP gear 464 epics. Surely none of the players will choose that over 450 blues that are only 14 levels under it! That's genius!
    I think they should've left ilvl 450 JP gear alone and buff heroic dungeon gear to 464. Then people who enjoy to PvE will farm dungeons and people who enjoy PvP will farm BGs.

This makes the Honor PvP gear only 8 points better than crafted. Now people will do PvP in the JP or Heroic gear, and then just wait to get Conquest gear. Not cool Blizz, totally not cool

Deleted
    And what with already bought justice gear? Will it scale up?

Quote Originally Posted by PossedGrom View Post
    This makes the Honor PvP gear only 8 points better than crafted. Now people will do PvP in the JP or Heroic gear, and then just wait to get Conquest gear. Not cool Blizz, totally not cool
    Don't people in PVP gear usually Squee in delight when people show up in their BG's with full PVE gear?

This definately has been a strange situation.

Unless i'm mistaken, you only get Justice Points from running Heroics? So they really don't have much purpose if you're already geared for Heroics (which is basically the second you hit 90).

Perhaps its just a oddity for the launch as i'm sure once the next raiding tier comes out, the valor point gear will transition to justice points. The real question then will be, will they remove the reputation requirement for that gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Seconded. New JP system is kinda meh, i almost turning all my JP into materials and selling the craftables.
    how do you turn jp into crafting mats?

Quote Originally Posted by hugocgc View Post
    JP gear is doing its job that is being an option in case you get unlucky on bosses' drops without making bosses' drops useless.
    It's not an option though, because it's inferior to boss drops. You want to replace the justice point gear right away; it has no lasting value. The situation is completely bizarre.

Not as bizarre as before this change, though, when everybody was trading in justice points for honor to buy PvP gear to PvE. That was CRAZY.

Gearing toons atm is a bit like playing darts while four wheel driving.

hah, suck it rich people <3 nah, kidding its a decent change for people with less gold.

Quote Originally Posted by hugocgc View Post
    Thank you, someone understands the point they're triyng to do with the new system, and it's nice because it helps you in getting gear, and it isn't the way you gear.

The JP items are 450 (and now 458) because they assume players have 4000JP banked up from Cataclysm.

This is really bizarre, because you're killing bosses that drop 463 gear to get points you can spend for inferior gear. At least 458 is half a tier closer.
    If you still have a 432, or even a 414 somewhere on you, I'd like to easily replace those so I don't have to be as rocky going in. It's ment to fill in slots from quests due to bad luck, not be a whole way to gear. Also you could rack up JP from the normal LFG que.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    458 items still doesn't really help considering heroics give 463.
    It's definatly helpful if they replace a 416 or 432 you couldn't find. Plus the requirement for heroics is 440, so it's not like a hard thing to get where yo uneed the gear. :V

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    Gearing toons atm is a bit like playing darts while four wheel driving.
    haha, indeed.. i just wasted a day grinding honor, when now it looks like i shouldve kept grinding heroics...

theres still alota slots that you cant buy an item for with justice.. for rogues theres no head, shoulder, waist, feet, wrist, trinkets or weapons that can be bought with justice.. you can buy a full set with honor, and its a heck of a lot faster to get honor
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2012-10-02 at 10:26 PM.

You would think such an oversight would have been corrected before release

This is unacceptable. I have run 41 heroics on my Balance Druid and have only seen ONE single piece of intellect leather loot drop. ONE piece. 41 heroics... I logged in today and saw that honor gear is as good as heroic dungeon gear. Great! I got 2 upgrades FINALLY! Now this is just a slap to the face. After converting all of my currency and wasting time in BG's, it's just all going to be useless again. Back to grinding heroics... just HOPING that a piece of intellect leather will drop. This is screwed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    And Mary Poppins turns to the camera and says, "That's as it should be."

She grins. Clicks her heels together. Her umbrella carries her out of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and elsewhere, wherever she is needed.
    A++ would lol again.

And really, this was going to happen sooner or later -- else people are going to be crammed into LFR full of PvP gear.

Which, admittedly, is what people did to get in to Dragon Soul LFR when they gave up on farming the three new heroics for items.... but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Might want to some fact checking there. The primary source of JP is killing Normal Mode dungeons while leveling to 90. My toon is only 87 and its already capped out. having 4k at 90 wont be hard, im sure even new monks can do it. And replacing that odd 400-415 piece with a 458 is a big jump.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

So yeah, since I've done over 50 heroics and not had a tank helm drop I bought the 464 pvp one with exp/mastery.

Now I get to go back to hoping it drops. Joy. Oh well, at least I still finally get the meta bonus.

and we the pvpers get screwd again to please the mighty dragon slayers

15+ Year Old Account
    So JP gear is now 458 on live but I noticed they haven't changed PVP gear yet. Maybe they changed their minds about nerfing the pvp sets.