Poll: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    The reason why LFD and LFR exist is because Blizzard wants to keep people busy and playing the game.
    The fun part being, people were much busier in Classic and TBC.
    Maybe Blizzard should go back to actual progression and non-facerolling content, and stop listening to the bads who want everything handed on a silver platter, if they want people to have something to do in the long run.
    The content should in fact be designed for idiots because it is clear that Blizzard wants everybody doing them so they don't have to spend money developing other content to keep them busy. Don't blame the tool, blame Blizzard.
    I do blame Blizzard ; for the tool and for the failed design philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because spamming trade for two and a half hours if you didn't have available guildies or people on your friends list was oh-so-fun. And fun fact, pugs were just as bad back then as they are today. The difference was that back then, if you picked up a bad player you had to send someone back to Ironforge, or Shattrath in order to spam trade to acquire another player, versus waiting a short time for LFD to match another player with your group.
    Actually, setting up PuG in BC WAS a lot of fun. It was also a great way to encounter people, develop acquaintance, recruit, make friends, get to know other guilds and the like.
    Of course, the anti-social idiots didn't like it, but anti-social idiots have no business to play the TEAM-BASED part of a MMO (and I wonder why they are playing a MMO to begin with).

And it's pretty obvious that the AVERAGE PuG at the time was head and shoulder above the AVERAGE PuG of LK : people were (ON AVERAGE) much more patient (as wiping was normal and instance were longer, so less capriciousness), more polite (because being a jerk gave you a bad reputation) and better skilled (as you had to learn at leasta bit how to play and some concepts beforehand).
    Nobody wins when they wear rose-coloured glasses.
    Some of us like games being games as opposed to second jobs.
    And again the bot-like canned clichés fest. That's really beyond pathetic.

Funny thing how people who want a faceroll are the ones using the most stupid arguments and constantly missing the point. I'd nearly see a correlation with lack of intelligence and desire to have a brainless activity...

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No they were not. Just because you outgeared them with ICC gear doesn't mean they were too easy. Some of them were actually harder than Cata dungeons.
    And cata dungeons were just as much of a faceroll with DS gear.
    Well I am talking about the 2nd half of WotLK life cycle when they were easy, when the casual pug community in WoW was blooming and playerbase was steadily growing. Then Cata came with its gtfo attitude, pug community was crashed, raid leaders were burning out in record numbers, pugs spent up to 2 hours in heroics, stonecore around 1 out of 10 pug tanks could get through last but one boss. Fun times followed by massive drop in playerbase.

Let's get that back in MoP shall we.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Since when has WoW become a reputation contest rather than a skill contest?
    Since when has WoW ever been about skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You have your end game progression content, its called Raids. And you have your challenging content, its called Heroic Raids and Challenge Modes (one has progressiojn too).

Less skilled people deserve a progression end game too, so they have Heroic dungeons and LFR.
    There is a huge gap between "less skilled" and "mouthbreather". There is a huge gap between "faceroll" and "hard as nail".
    What makes you so entitled to ask the end game content to be fully made for you only? WoW have different difficulty levels now, GET USED TO OR LEAVE.
    Funny, that's what I'd like to answer to all the entitled whiners who asked to have the entirety of the game for them and cried until Blizzard handed them everything on a platter.
    Maybe you should direct your post toward them, because they are the one who both DO it and ACCUSE others of doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Funny thing how people who want a faceroll are the ones using the most stupid arguments and constantly missing the point. I'd nearly see a correlation with lack of intelligence and desire to have a brainless activity...
    Maybe if you had mentally challenging job like some ppl do your PoV would differ.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    ^ This. Heroics are merely preparatory content for the good stuff.
    and what is the 'good stuff'? Faceroll LFR content? No matter how you slice it, MoP content will be used up in 2 months max, and then people start quitting. Blizzard delivers content at a snails pace, they wont be able to match the demand for new content as long as they design it to be so easy that players are bored of it within a month or so. I'm sure many fanboys on this forum actually believe the "We will deliver content faster' lie, the truth is they have been saying that since the start of Cata and they failed horribly at it.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

No they were not. Just because you outgeared them with ICC gear doesn't mean they were too easy. Some of them were actually harder than Cata dungeons.
    LK "heroics" were facerollable in greens and leveling gear. You just ridicule yourself when saying otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Maybe if you had mentally challenging job like some ppl do your PoV would differ.
    I have. I'm just not mentally challenged.

Nothing to do with casualness, these are anti-griefing measures. Games in which you lose items/stats etc upon death are horribly outdated and unpopular.
    They are outdated and unpopular because they are anti casual features. And yes, it has to do with casualness.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    First of all I don't know of anyone who wants free anything. Unless in the world you live in you get free Justice and Valor points just for logging in.
    People just want to be able to do PvE to progress in PvE.

I like the original Cata heroics when in a guild group. In an LFD group they quickly devolved into a swearing, fighting, vote-kicking, raging cesspool. It is refreshing to run MoP Heroics and have people talk and joke around with each other.
    Completely understand this. And this is how it should be. But why do people who have guild groups have to go through them, it's only boring for them. Same with LFR. LFR is better because you actually do have an option although it's not really the better one. Heroics on the other hand have to be done by everyone. Why is there no super heroics which are harder and which reward more gear?

I like the idea of challenge modes but I haven't tried them yet but you still have to do heroics to gear up. You have probably done those dungeons while leveling already and now they are still faceroll for the people who want to raid normal/heroic.
    It's all good and fun for the people who like them how they are, they get the real choice, but for me no... I would rather do a harder dungeon and get more rewards (2x harder, 2x the amount of gear, 2x faster gearing up). But I guess if they would do that all the players who like the heroics as they are now will just go do the harder ones and fail.

There is a huge gap between "less skilled" and "mouthbreather". There is a huge gap between "faceroll" and "hard as nail".

Funny, that's what I'd like to answer to all the entitled whiners who asked to have the entirety of the game for them and cried until Blizzard handed them everything on a platter.
    Maybe you should direct your post toward them, because they are the one who both DO it and ACCUSE others of doing it
    The gap is filled. There are content for everyone.

The "whiners" like you call them dont want the whole game for them, they are fine with you having heroic raids and challenge modes.

YOU are the one asking the WHOLE end game content being made for you, you are the entitled one here.

Deleted
    LK "heroics" were facerollable in greens and leveling gear. You just ridicule yourself when saying otherwise.

I have. I'm just not mentally challenged.
    No, they were not. You just made yourself look like an idiot, since yesterday already. You really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to WoW anyway.

And your very last sentence is a blatant lie, as has been obvious from your posts during the last 24 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    That makes no sense though. When you are addicted to drugs it is because you still like the "high" you get from them. Meaning you still enjoy the drugs. If you don't like WoW you are not getting any kind of "high" from it. meaning there is no reason to be addicted.

World of warcrack is just a term for haters to try and understand why people still like something they don't.
    People who don't like it, should bluntly put just fuck off then instead of whining and trying to ruin it for others as well.

With there being more content in the game then ever before i dont think they should make you spend more time doing heroics etc.
    So i welcome this change!
    This leaves everyone more time to do other stuff.. + after running same heroic +30 times it gets really old and i dont even want to step into them after 50 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

They are outdated and unpopular because they are anti casual features. And yes, it has to do with casualness.
    Do you actually know what you type? Anti-casual features? Are you so butthurt about someone elses opinion that you start calling it anti-casual?

Deleted
    There are challenge modes for people who're looking for major challenge from HEROIC DUNGEONS.

Deleted
    The possibility to lose your entire gear or getting ganked all the way back to Level 1 has nothing to do with casualness.

I like them the way they are! Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Do you actually know what you type? Anti-casual features? Are you so butthurt about someone elses opinion that you start calling it anti-casual?
    Do you read before typing? I never called ANYONEs opinion anti casual, i called some FEATURES to be anti casual.

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    With there being more content in the game then ever before i dont think they should make you spend more time doing heroics etc.
    So i welcome this change!
    This leaves everyone more time to do other stuff.. + after running same heroic +30 times it gets really old and i dont even want to step into them after 50 runs.
    Thank Blizzard for that. They started resetting gear every tier. All for accessibility.

The possibility to lose your entire gear or getting ganked all the way back to Level 1 has nothing to do with casualness.
    Yes it does, since people with less time will be completely ruined, while hardcore guys would just level up again and get the equipment back.

An item that might not be that hard to obtain for a hardcore, is almost a pinnacle to a casual. Losing that item destroys one and doesnt affect much the other one.