Poll: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Do you read before typing? I never called ANYONEs opinion anti casual, i called some FEATURES to be anti casual.
    Wow, really... when I use "opinion" and "it" in a sentence doesn't mean they are the same thing.

There is no such thing as anti-casual features. You simply made that up because you don't like those features and don't like other peoples opinions that don't fit your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, they were not. You just made yourself look like an idiot, since yesterday already. You really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to WoW anyway.

And your very last sentence is a blatant lie, as has been obvious from your posts during the last 24 hours.
    If you wanted to raise your credibility, you should avoid to display both total ignorance (well, or maybe you are simply one of those bads that managed to die in the fire and make PuG a pain, pretty much the sole explanation at how you could find any challenge whatsoever in LK facerofl 5-men) and puerilistic insults.

As such, you've just marked yourself as "idiot to ignore".

Report insults. Don't keep the argument going
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Yes it does, since people with less time will be completely ruined, while hardcore guys would just level up again and get the equipment back.
    This game would have been dead and forgotten long ago, if things had been/stayed that way. Games that cater only to hardcores are doomed to fail.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If you wanted to raise your credibility, you should avoid to display both total ignorance (well, or maybe you are simply one of those bads that managed to die in the fire and make PuG a pain, pretty much the sole explanation at how you could find any challenge whatsoever in LK facerofl 5-men) and puerilistic insults.

As such, you've just marked yourself as "idiot to ignore".
    LOL, the only one who appears to be a bad with no clue at all is you. You're seriously retarded if you think LK dungeons were any easier than the current ones.
    Maybe you should find a much simpler game, as it's clear you lack the intellect required to play this game properly, moron.

Enough of the insults and flaming in your posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    There are challenge modes for people who're looking for major challenge from HEROIC DUNGEONS.
    There are normal dungeons for people who don't look for a challenge. ....?

As soon as I can choose between 'hard' and 'easy' at the start of the game you won't hear me complaining. I just don't want to do the same boring faceroll dungeons 50 times just to raid. Just like I don't want to do LFR x times to do normal or heroic and just like I don't want to do normal raids before I can do hardmode raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I have. I'm just not mentally challenged.
    It can't be much of a mentally challening job if you are not mentally challenged. That or you are one of those geniuses I guess. Point is after 8-10 hours of intense work some ppl like to do a bit of brainless activity and it has nothing to do with intelligence. It has everything to do with mental exhaustion. So to your insight into correlation between lack of intelligence and desire to do some brainless activity I say it's the opposite. Ppl who have easy jobs are more likely to look for hard challenges in games, not the other way around.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Far too easy, anyone with any remote sense knows this.

To those people saying "oh do challenge modes". By the time decent players have hit 90 and completed multiple runs on normal and heroic difficulty, why should we have to run the SAME dungeons for an increased difficulty? This purely creates burnout and I wouldn't be surprised to see player burn out in the next coming weeks.

As previous posters have mentioned, what made TBC successful was the challenge in dungeons. Why are crowd control abilities still even implemented in the game, it's blatantly obvious Blizzard does not care about PvP (no MMR reset), and they have no use at all in PvE...why do they exist?

Altering content to suit it towards that "majority" that only have "that 20 minutes after work to play" ultimately just results in low retention rates and horrible scaling.
    There was a reason TBC was the most successful expansion, players were offered a challenge at every level of play, not just the "end game". Why should decent players have to endure tedious, easy content to fully experience the game...

All those saying "I want some brainless activity after a hard days work, Blizzard should cater to me"...please. How you spend your time should have NO IMPACT on the difficult of a game.
    Last edited by Wubz; 2012-10-04 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    They are easy enough if you want a challenge try the challenge modes thats why they put them in.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 09:47 PM ----------

Why should they be punished? Using tools put into the game isn't something that should be punished imo. So glad to know that everyone has to play by your standards or they should be punished.
    he meant that when people are too stupid to do something like cata heroics, instead of blizz just accepting the sub attrition, they dumbed things down to that level

LOL, the only one who appears to be a bad with no clue at all is you. You're seriously retarded if you think LK dungeons were any easier than the current ones.
    Maybe you should find a much simpler game, as it's clear you lack the intellect required to play this game properly, moron.
    He never said that. I guess you don't have a clue then? He only said LK heroics were easy too and they were.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    What if I want gear progression and challenge?
    Do raids? Normal modes with entry gear are not exactly a faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    It can't be much of a mentally challening job if you are not mentally challenged. That or you are one of those geniuses I guess. Point is after 8-10 hours of intense work some ppl like to do a bit of brainless activity and it has nothing to do with intelligence. It has everything to do with mental exhaustion. So to your insight into correlation between lack of intelligence and desire to do some brainless activity I say it's the opposite. Ppl who have easy jobs are more likely to look for hard challenges in games, not the other way around.
    So what is your point? People with boring jobs should just fuck off?

Deleted
    He did say that, and you know it damn well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Wow, really... when I use "opinion" and "it" in a sentence doesn't mean they are the same thing.

There is no such thing as anti-casual features. You simply made that up because you don't like those features and don't like other peoples opinions that don't fit your playstyle.
    Well, you surely didnt use "it" to features since its in plural and it refers to singular. The only other singular you used in your sentence was opinion, so yes, your "it" in your sentence referred to opinion, even if you didnt mean to.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone who thinks that heroics are too easy. You are wrong. Heroics are not easy. It's you, yes, YOU are too hard for heroics. You are way too hard for heroics! That's why heroics seem too easy for you. You are so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    The easiest top-level content bar scenarios that awards weak, blue quality gear is easy? Surprising.

If you want a challenge, perhaps you should try, oh, I don't know, challenge modes?
    Did challenge modes drop Better items and I didn't know it?
    OT:voted too easy.

This game would have been dead and forgotten long ago, if things had been/stayed that way. Games that cater only to hardcores are doomed to fail.
    Yeah, pretty much. Which is why i think the heroic dungeon tuning is perfect as it is.

So what is your point? People with boring jobs should just fuck off?
    No, but you should acknowledge that the purpose of the game is not to cater just to your style of play. Some ppl want different stuff, so compromises must be made. Having heroics that are easy with added option of challenge modes is such compromise.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I think they're OK from my perspective as a healer, there are some funky mechanics which can strain me if people are standing in stuff and don't move but it's second week of new content so to be expected when it comes to the vast majority of players learning new dungeons and entering the HC for first time. I really don't see the issue people are having with them being so say 'easy', I'm quite happy to get through as many as possible to gear myself up.

Deleted
    There is no such thing as anti-casual features.
    I beg to differ.

Sorry but I find resistance gear grinds, endless repuation grinds (classic style) lengthy attunements, and raid gear checks depedent on the previous tier to be very anti casual.

Why?

Because all of these features demand an extreme amount of time to beat. Time which I do not have in my life any more because I am older and have responsibilities in my life now, the same goes for many wow players out there.

If WoW had kept the vanilla/tbc model up to the present day without changing it would have lost a ton more subs to burnout which was a chronic problem in the Vanilla/TBC era.

Also don't make the mistake of saying Vanilla and TBC were hard it wasn't, most of the fights were tank and spank and the challenge was meeting the steep gear and requirement checks beforehand so you could survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    All, and all in the end, It's only game why you heff to be mad?

Deleted
    I don't think they're hard at all, but their placement on the spectrum of content that Blizzard is offering has changed and they're perfectly in line with that new placement. Blizzard obviously want more players getting into raiding on a regular basis, be it LFR, normals or HC / hard modes. The dungeons are just there for the initial "I hit 90 and need some gear" bit. They're not there to 'waste' any substantial amount of your time, it's just a loot pool and general "get your rotation ready" kind of content. Anyone with alts will mostly throw crafted blues and epics, heroics and some drops off the world bosses at them and have them ready for LFR or normal modes. From there, nowhere to go but up.

In other words, these HCs are not meant to be the time drain that they were in BC / Wrath. As such, they've been tuned to reflect a more easy going play style that allows for pre-LFR gearing.