fire glyphs for T14 Normal today? Fire blast, CoC (AoE) and.. ??

combustion? or is it worth doubling the cooldown since we dont have our 4pc from T13 anymore?

Whether or not to glyph Combustion depends on whether bosses have regularly spaced bonus damage phases
    I'm too tired to look it up right now, I'll do it in the morning, but you won't want it on for every encounter

Keep it glyphed. Fights are lasting around 5-6 mins currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Keep it glyphed. Fights are lasting around 5-6 mins currently.
    What?
    Keeping it glyphed only boosts your damage depending on how boss phases work. There is no advantage to having it on normal encounters because in a best case scenario you cast it half as often as you would in a regular fight and deal exactly the same damage and in the worst you cast it less than half as often because the fight length strays into a part where you could have got one more Combustion in with a shorter cooldown and do less damage.
    It doesn't do more damage by itself and unless boss mechanics make it more powerful then you are far more dependent on RNG to have good damage the fewer times you can use it.

In the currently open tier the only boss worth using it on is Elegon and that's because he becomes untargetable for long periods of time. On the other bosses you are much better off leaving it unglyphed.

I think the point Zavri was making was,

3 min fight combustion up time:
    Glyphed - 40s
    Unglyphed - 30s

So besides picking the glyph for increased dmg phases, you would also choose it based on fight length.

As the margin of time for that being an increase in DPS is fairly small and kill times are going to vary wildly between groups I do not feel that it is enough of an advantage to keep the glyph on at all times.
    Unglyphed is a far safer option because it fits into more kill times and also means that you are less dependent on getting an excellent combustion virtually every time it is off cooldown, keeping it glyphed can work but I think it is putting a lot of trust into luck, especially as the times given here are based on his guild and not the guild of the person asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    What?
    Keeping it glyphed only boosts your damage depending on how boss phases work. There is no advantage to having it on normal encounters because in a best case scenario you cast it half as often as you would in a regular fight and deal exactly the same damage and in the worst you cast it less than half as often because the fight length strays into a part where you could have got one more Combustion in with a shorter cooldown and do less damage.
    It doesn't do more damage by itself and unless boss mechanics make it more powerful then you are far more dependent on RNG to have good damage the fewer times you can use it.

In the currently open tier the only boss worth using it on is Elegon and that's because he becomes untargetable for long periods of time. On the other bosses you are much better off leaving it unglyphed.
    Glyphing it allows you to get twice as much out of a Combustion based around procs/bloodlust.

Why would you not glyph Evocation during progression to lighten the load on the healers?