Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Nice to see that the greek government is ontop of priorities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-F1-track.html

Despite data showing Greece is heading for its sixth year of recession, the government is pushing ahead with constructing the track in Xalandritsa, near Patras.
    The total cost of the project will be €94.6m (£75.6m) and it is hoped the circuit will be able to host a Formula One race in the future.
    The news comes as a draft Budget for 2013 shows that the Greek finance ministry expects GDP to contract by 3.8pc next year after shrinking 6.5pc this year.
    Meanwhile, Premier Antonis Samaras must prove to the troika he can deliver an austerity package of €13.5bn, amid reports at the weekend that Greece will need financial help from Europe for the next eight years.
    Mr Samaras will target pensions, benefits, and top civil service pay in a bid to unlock the next €31bn payment from the EU.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

They need Richard Florida to have a lecture for their parliament imo.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

What's hilarious is that OP has an Obama endorsement in his sig in a post about a government overseeing a failed economy but continuing to spend in hardcore denial anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Hilarious that OP has an Obama advert in his sig in a post about a government overseeing a failed economy but continuing to spend in hardcore denial anyway.
    Is Obama the president of Greece? No? Yeah didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Is Obama the president of Greece? No? Yeah didn't think so.
    Don't pretend to be an idiot Wells. I know you can spot when someone's asserting a parallel. A little intellectual integrity goes a long way.

Don't pretend to be an idiot Wells. I know you can spot when someone's asserting a parallel. A little intellectual integrity goes a long way.
    There is no parallel.

There is no parallel.
    So you disagree, but obviously you knew what I was asserting. Silly and a waste of time to pretend you didn't

But anyway, yeah, governments can't cut back on vanity spending in this day and age without pissing off the people who only want more more more spending. Citizens don't want to hear about budgets! They want to see race tracks and ant research and the other bread and circuses these failed government relied on to keep their people in check! As long as government officials, be it in the US or Greece, have access to the cash they need to make themselves comfortable, their policies are free from the burden of any financial reality. Lord knows their electorates won't hold them accountable. All they demand is a scapegoat. I'm assuming the Greek government has the same as the rest of the world's favorite these days: THE EVIL RICH

As for OP, I can only guess that he's delighted to see Greece unflinchingly ignore the inconvenient economic numbers and plow on with vanity spending. I'm sure his pick for US president won't disappoint him in that regard.

So you disagree, but obviously you knew what I was asserting. Silly and a waste of time to pretend you didn't
    I am fully aware and always was aware of what you were trying to say. That doesn't make it any less dumb to bring up Obama here like its some how relevant.

I am fully aware and always was aware of what you were trying to say. That doesn't make it any less dumb to bring up Obama here like its some how relevant.
    You're right, it won't happen to us! It's not happening to us, I mean! Or it isn't, and it also won't! Whichever people are more eager to hear.

Greeks voted for them before and caused all this mess in their country, couple that with paying taxes being little more than a lifestyle choice and it's not hard to see why they're in such deep shit. Quite an uphill struggle to have the slightest bit of sympathy for them.

You're right, it won't happen to us! It's not happening to us, I mean! Or it isn't, and it also won't! Whichever people are more eager to hear.
    We're not in economic collapse. Hell we're not even in recession. We're not relying on outside stimulus to stay afloat. We don't have massive riots in the streets over austerity. We aren't electing neo nazi fascist politicians.

There are no parallels.

Considering formula races would bring a metric ton of economy to the area, the cost of the track is paltry to the possible benefits. The greek economy needs all the tailwind it can get.

Also, don't you US guys have dedicated topics for your political kindergarden squabbles?

Quote Originally Posted by wells View Post
    we're not in economic collapse. Hell we're not even in recession. We're not relying on outside stimulus to stay afloat. We don't have massive riots in the streets over austerity. We aren't electing neo nazi fascist politicians.

There are no parallels.
    u s a
    u s a
    u s a

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Considering formula races would bring a metric ton of economy to the area, the cost of the track is paltry to the possible benefits. The greek economy needs all the tailwind it can get.

Also, don't you US guys have dedicated topics for your political kindergarden squabbles?
    Not sure, but at least I provided you with your high horse contempt fix for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post

Jealousy meter is reading off the charts!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    What's hilarious is that OP has an Obama endorsement in his sig in a post about a government overseeing a failed economy but continuing to spend in hardcore denial anyway.
    What's better is that he's more obsessed with American politics than most Americans I know, yet he's clearly Swedish.

I'm considering a new signature, tell me what you think:

Communist hell - Mona Sahlin
    Perfect Utopia - Fredrik Reinfeldt
    Pretty catchy, right?

Not sure, but at least I provided you with your high horse contempt fix for now.
    Speaking of parallels, I will now draw one to your first post in this thread.

I like how even in a topic about a country halfway around the world, it's *still* Obama's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Jealousy meter is reading off the charts!
    A couple of flamebaits I'd not usually bother with, but this post... you'll simply have to explain me the logic that landed you on that conclusion. I'm anticipating it'll be the most hilarious thing I'll read all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Pretty catchy, right?
    I think Bakis would give you a thumps up and a h5 for that, as far as I know he is a Moderate. So he supports the party Reinfeldt leads. :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...