Funny Warlock Tanking Thread

1st off this isn't serious just something i did while messing around; Decided to see how high can i go (6am couldnt find any1 to give me buffs lol).

With the introduction of I have been curious to what we have to play with so heres a simple list of what ws done;

Abilitys;

does apply with Dark Apotheosis if you check armour

20% hp if you take soul link talent

So many to use, hand of gul'dan, harvest life, immolation aura, carrion swarm for aoe aggro then Demonic slash, corruption, Void ray for single (soulfire just wasnt worth it) I have been able to tank heroic with ease not to mention mass pull with harvest life lol!

Anyway i decided to see how high i could get my hp... but due to the time I got no help =[ So heres selfbuffed (foodbuff was mastery)

With that in mind heres the recount fo healing of each spell... pritty op xD

Remember this was done just for fun, but it does work in heroics... not sure it's raid worthy tho but there is potential.
    Last edited by Wannabetank; 2012-10-02 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    Love it, lol Could you go more in depth with your stat prio, and your AoE / Single target rotation? (besides spamming Harvest Life like a pro :P ) + your go on a spec would also be appreciated!

From the picture you posted it seems you're in ICC, so I'm assuming that the health and healing done were affected by the 30% buff. Seems a tad misleading though even without the buff (assuming you were using it) your HP and healing are actually pretty impressive.

Talents that i use are

Apart form keeping on at all times heres my normal rotation; After intial aggro fury ward has prio over everything since its your soaking ability.

AoE: Hand of Gul'dan > Imp Swarm > Immolation aura > carrion swarm > Harvest life > Demonic slash (It doesn't say it but it does give 35 demonic power the same as shadowbolt).
    Single: Demonic Slash > Imp Swarm > Corruption > Hand of Gul'dan > Void Ray (corruption should never need to be reapplied) > harvest life

Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    From the picture you posted it seems you're in ICC, so I'm assuming that the health and healing done were affected by the 30% buff. Seems a tad misleading though even without the buff (assuming you were using it) your HP and healing are actually pretty impressive.
    Initially went there to try it out, after sitting full hp on marowgaw (didnt drop below 600k and was 623k without shadow bulwark i tried it in heroics afterwards; you sit at around 70-85%. It's a little misleading because of the 30% but just take off 30%, harvest life is still 27,891 healing per second with 30% less healing not to mention its multiple's.
    Last edited by Wannabetank; 2012-10-01 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Keeping Nether plating up - Do you have to reapply the tank Warlock glyph?
    And doesn't Hand of Gul'dan transform into Chaos Wave?

Also, what glyphs are you using

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Keeping Nether plating up - Do you have to reapply the tank Warlock glyph?
    And doesn't Hand of Gul'dan transform into Chaos Wave?

Also, what glyphs are you using
    Gul'dan doesn't but thatis a good thing since neither demonic slash and hand of gul'dan take up demonic fury, hell demonic doesnt even use mana meaning you barely life tap. And the reapply tank warlock glyph.... not sure what you mean?

Anyway glypgs are

Major:
    Glyph of dark soul; It's not a dmg reduction cd, to have the extra 1620 passive mastery is great
    Glyph of imp swarm; 2min cd and an imp cna spawn every 20seconds without it... 5 imps is 1min 40sec anyway its fury on a button.
    Glyph of demon hunting; what builds based on...

Minor;
    Glyph of carrion swarm; No pushback... and compared to void ray for an extra 10 fury it has quite abit more dmg aswell and an aoe.

Deleted
    You said keeping Nether Plating up, what does that mean? Do you have to reapply it on the go, or just get it up 1 time?

AH, the passive is on as long as your transformed into either apothoesis or metamorphius, it seems i linked the wrong ability aswell... Aura of enfebablement is the one i ment its every 30seconds

Updated posts :P

Last edited by Wannabetank; 2012-10-01 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank View Post
    AH, the passive is on as long as your transformed into either apothoesis or metamorphius, it seems i linked the wrong ability aswell... Aura of enfebablement is the one i ment its every 30seconds

Updated posts :P

Got it! Nvm
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2012-10-01 at 09:02 AM.

I tried finding you on the armory, but couldn't

Do you have a break down of your gear? How are you able to get such high stam values when the cloth gear that drops has stam normalized?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eursoul/simple

Outside of icc im 453k With just grimore of sacrifice, 619k with bulwurk... have no stamina gear >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Syrophenikan View Post
    I tried finding you on the armory, but couldn't

Do you have a break down of your gear? How are you able to get such high stam values when the cloth gear that drops has stam normalized?
    PvP gear has a much higher stamina budget.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    PvP gear has a much higher stamina budget.
    Where do you see this? As far as I see, most of the gear seems to be the same stamina budget.

And 450k+ is really not that difficult to obtain with Soul Link + Grimoire of Sacrifice unbuffed.

So I thought Grimoire of Sacrifice didn't give a health buff when you sacced a VW? Do you sac it to get a health buff and then use the Bulwark ability you get from the sac? I'm not at home to test this myself. :/

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Where do you see this? As far as I see, most of the gear seems to be the same stamina budget.

And 450k+ is really not that difficult to obtain with Soul Link + Grimoire of Sacrifice unbuffed.
    Likely just in my delusional haze, I'm not sure which two items I was looking at but I could have sworn the 450 PvP shoulder I was looking at had more than what ever 463 PvE shoulder but it seems not to be the case when double checking. /shrug thanks for keeping me honest!
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

So I thought Grimoire of Sacrifice didn't give a health buff when you sacced a VW? Do you sac it to get a health buff and then use the Bulwark ability you get from the sac? I'm not at home to test this myself. :/
    GoSac + Soul Link = 20% HP buff

Tried this out last night in Shado-Pan normal with some guildies. It didn't work at all with bosses. On trash mobs I could hold threat off of the DPS and generally had no problems other than, "shit, I forgot how to be a tank" moments.

The problem with bosses is that I couldn't generate enough threat to hold aggro at all. It was as if my threat generation was the same as DPS, every GCD I'd gain about 1% threat, and lose it when another player made a bigger DPS hit. Also, the bosses were immune to taunt. Looks like Blizzard design the encounters to specifically NOT allow warlocks to tank the bosses.

Are heroics different?

Deleted
    Tried this out last night in Shado-Pan normal with some guildies. It didn't work at all with bosses. On trash mobs I could hold threat off of the DPS and generally had no problems other than, "shit, I forgot how to be a tank" moments.

The problem with bosses is that I couldn't generate enough threat to hold aggro at all. It was as if my threat generation was the same as DPS, every GCD I'd gain about 1% threat, and lose it when another player made a bigger DPS hit. Also, the bosses were immune to taunt. Looks like Blizzard design the encounters to specifically NOT allow warlocks to tank the bosses.

Are heroics different?
    That's...weird. I've only tanked heroics, I've never had any threat issue using DA, having about twice the threat of our top dps.
    Using Demonic Slash+HoG on cd, spamming Harvest Life as a filler/AoE threat + Immolation Aura if I've got enough fury (when I'm not using Fury Ward every cd)...
    DA's tanking has many flaws, but threat is definitely not one of them for me.
    I'm doing like 20k (single target, not sure about the numbers) dps with Dark Apotheosis, that's 120k tps which is far enough to hold aggro.

As for bosses being immune to taunt, I've never encountered one. But a dps never out-aggroed me so I can't be sure of that.
    So sorry but I have no idea what you've been doing wrong
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-03 at 02:21 PM.

It could be because our taunt doesn't count as a true taunt, so a mocking blow type of taunt won't work on the boss (similar to how they made it so pets couldn't taunt bosses in raids). This would kind of defeat the purpose of us being that "oh shit" moment tank though.