Poll: Agree?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    But you are all massochists that want this because you like to grief other players. Your other reasons are invalid.
    I don't feel griefed when it happens to me so perhaps you should stop caring so much like a carebear when you die 1 time.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    If you're on a PvP server, ganking is PvP. If you don't like that, move to a PvE server. End of story. If you roll on a PvP server, you asked for it.
    When I rolled 8 toons on a PvP server 5 years ago - it was fine. Today, with cross realm zones, it's a completely different story. You can't make the argument "you asked for it" when it doesn't even resemble what it used to.

Deleted
    PeeVeePee IS FOR FIGHT!

Man Up and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWGCeXebsQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    I don't feel griefed when it happens to me so perhaps you should stop caring so much like a carebear when you die 1 time.
    ONE TIME? Are you serious? I wish it was ONE TIME. People don't get griefed with ONE kill. They get griefed with dozens of kills, sitting at 2 minute res timers for the majority of an hour.

Deleted
    Thanks for your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene View Post
    You don't have any arguments. You're just saying "lol bro it's a PvP server, you should go to PvE" over and over. You lack substance and backing other than "i had fun once because there were 20 people at the same spot!"
    Haha, I have been countering you guys points the whole time already. Furthermore, I have been explaining the whole time that:
    1. this is the way it has always been.
    2. this is the way blizzard intended it.
    3. this is what a lot of people like.
    4. they like this for many different reasons, for me personally because it makes the game more thrilling and the levelling for sure since else it is just "kill xx mobs" with no chance of actually dying to them for 85 levels/48 hours played.
    5. they also do not complain when they are on the receiving end of it.
    6. If you restrict wPVP it will become boring and a lot of chance to be exploited like what had happened in the past when they implemented almost the exact same idea!.

I guess you were reading another thread right?

Haha, I have been countering you guys points the whole time already. Furthermore, I have been explaining the whole time that:
    4. they like this for many different reasons, for me personally because it makes the game more thrilling and the levelling for sure since else it is just "kill xx mobs" with no chance of actually dying to them for 85 levels/48 hours played.
    6. If you restrict wPVP it will become boring and a lot of chance to be exploited like what had happened in the past when they implemented almost the exact same idea!.

But you should be aware that such changes are coming our way regardless.

It comes down to this. If they never implemented cross realm zones, would you have quit? No? Is the appeal for this game the fun you have when leveling up a character? Was this even a selling point for this expansion or a quick patch to make it more like GW2?

Well they implemented CRZ, and it sucks for what appears to be the majority of players. Guess what? Many are quitting.

I would conclude - bottom line - the changes made have been for the worse if it's causing people to quit out of pure frustration.

ONE TIME? Are you serious? I wish it was ONE TIME. People don't get griefed with ONE kill. They get griefed with dozens of kills, sitting at 2 minute res timers for the majority of an hour.
    Tough luck then I guess, you win some and you lose some. Also, what kind of guild do you have where they don't stomp them back?

Deleted

1. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed, some things are just bad design.
    2. Even if it was, Blizzard has intended many things in the past and then changed their stance on it, why can't we voice our concerns?
    3. This is also what alot of people dislike.
    4. "many different reasons" please elaborate, just because you are fine with being ganked doesn't make it dandy for the rest of us.
    5. Prove it. I've known people who gank and then curse every name under the sun when they get ganked themselves.
    6. Boring? I'll tell you whats boring, waiting to actually play the game for over an hour while some sad bastard presses one ability to one shot you (thats not fun either btw)

No amount of debuffs will stop me killing random level 20's

It comes down to this. If they never implemented cross realm zones, would you have quit? No? Is the appeal for this game the fun you have when leveling up a character? Was this even a selling point for this expansion or a quick patch to make it more like GW2?

Well they implemented CRZ, and it sucks for what appears to be the majority of players. Guess what? Many are quitting.

I would conclude - bottom line - the changes made have been for the worse if it's causing people to quit out of pure frustration.
    A pole on MMO-C is hardly representative for the majority. Also, a lot of people have quit is BS because you don't have any figures on that. Another point straight to the garbage can.

Bottom line my ass. Come back when you have facts.

Tough luck then I guess, you win some and you lose some. Also, what kind of guild do you have where they don't stomp them back?
    Is this a joke? You think my guild is going to stop playing in new and wonderful Pandaland to do some world pvp in a zone they've seen for the last 2 years?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    Combat is combat. Unfair combat is still combat. You need your vocabulary checked, it is borked.
    Combat implies there is struggle. A level 85+ one-shotting a level 20 isn't combat. It is pressing a button to cause a real person harm. Not physical, obviously.

So the UK murdered all those people in Iraq? Or where they in combat with the Iraqi army? let's be honest, the Iraqi army was the equivalent of a level 10 compared to the might of the combined US/UK forces.

Time to take out your dictionary before you start claiming people use incorrect words.
    I'm sorry? I said children, not soldiers. A soldier has willingly enlisted in the army and joined the fray. Time to climb off your high horse before you fail even more in trying to correct people. Long fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I don't think such changes are coming. PvP servers will remain as they are.
    ^ This

As interesting as it is to type out opinions on the forum there is no doubt World PvP is dead to the developers. Nothing will change. Many, many, many changes have been made to the game over the years. But nothing, not even a nod from the devs, has been given to World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    No amount of debuffs will stop me killing random level 20's
    We'll see about that when you are bleeding out your life at 25% health or either dying at your 8th kill

A pole on MMO-C is hardly representative for the majority. Also, a lot of people have quit is BS because you don't have any figures on that. Another point straight to the garbage can.

Bottom line my ass. Come back when you have facts.
    This is not based on anything I've read here. Go type some words into google for yourself and you'll discover the vast amount of dislike associated with the cross realm zone system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Combat implies there is struggle. A level 85+ one-shotting a level 20 isn't combat. It is pressing a button to cause a real person harm. Not physical, obviously.
    Combat actually implies the 5 second period that you cannot mount up in WoW.

Do google "unfair combat". See if such a thing exists.

There is nothing dishonorable about killing a member of the opposite faction. especially one wielding weapons.
    Last edited by Greyvax; 2012-10-03 at 03:27 PM. Reason: .

Deleted
    I love how the anti ganking people are trying to make out that theres these armys of gankers spending 24/7 doing nothing but corpse camping preventing every single player from progressing....talk about exaggerating, youll most likly find if you were ganked it was because a random high level came across you while doing something else and the majority of the time will leave you alone after ganking you and move on back to whatever they were doing, yes you do get times where people are deliberately looking to gank players and thats fine as well, what you do when you know its going on is bring a few high levels of your faction in the area to combat the gankers.

What you DONT do is cry to blizzard to try and get a system implemented cracking down on the fun of others simply because you dont understand that being on a pvp server does make you available for such ganking,

These whiners are the same kind of people who got blizzard to ruin another fun idea and chain world bosses so they couldnt be kited into cities anymore, never mind the fact hundreds of people just went with the flow and enjoyed the random unscripted chaos such an event would bring to a city......no because these whiners seem to take dying wayyyy to seriously they had to qq to blizzard enough till they got the mechanic nerfed.

Like others have said we play on opposite factions, the other faction is the enemy so it doesnt matter if your level 1 or level 90 if I see you Im going to try and waste you, it works both ways id expect the same to me, thats why when im a leveling player in contested territory I look out for the opposite faction I dont just blindly run around expecting not to be ganked and crying when I do because I understand thats the danger of rolling a pvp server.....that added danger element is also why a lot of people play on a pvp server so dont ruin theyre fun just because again you take dying way to seriously :P

I was ganked earlier today while just starting to level one of my 85s in jade forest, a couple of 90s were going around on a ganking fest, all I did was get some guildys together to go on the hunt and help me out and it ended up in a nice big battle in the area surrounding that hozen village, we won the the gankers gave up after dying so many times......THATS how you combat ganking....you know the non carebear approach :P
    Last edited by mmocd06d636042; 2012-10-03 at 04:04 PM.