Thread: MMR not reset

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't understand why Blizzard can never learn from their mistakes and fail to reset MMR again, there's been multiple petitions everytime to reset it and yet this still happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt blizzard refuse to reset MMR for starcraft 2 between seasons as well? i have some friends who were really into that game like 6 months ago and i seem to remember they were complaining pretty constantly about it. if blizzard wont even reset MMR for their serious competitive pvp game we have no hope for it happening here

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    You act like this really makes a difference at all. The people who got glad last season are likely going to get it again even if it gets reset, and people who never got about 2k will still not get above 2k.
    What about the teams that haven't played before but are very glad capable? They sure as hell won't be able to get there because the high mmr teams will get to their rating and sit there and never queue again which means the aforementioned teams will be stuck versing 2k rated players for huge hits for losses and minor gains for wins.

Nevermind the win trading and rating sells which will have characters that don't deserve over an 1800 rating getting 2.2k because they're being carried/played by those people sitting on glad ratings.

Anyways, another piss off: Blizzard just drew a direct comparison between malevolent gear and the lowest tier of pve epics. Which basically means that once terrace of endless spring normal mode hits pve gear will be miles ahead of pvp gear. Also the weapons are comparable to lfr loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Completely awful. Blizz needs to fix it, NOW.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-10-04 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Am i the only on who thinks that they F'ed up so hard that it is actually not possible for some reason to reset the MMR? Judging on how they respond to the issue (Which they dont) and that it was a "Last minute change" makes me think so atleast.
    They probably put an intern on the job or something and didn't care enough to check up on it.

I'm willing to bet there will be no blue post as to why they didn't reset the MMR. But then again there really isn't any logical reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    i am still sad about this.
    a lot of the posts i read here also make me weep for humanity and it's downfall
    Wow people in Ohio are drama queens, But anyhow wondering what blizz is going to do about this.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    doesnt blizzard refuse to reset MMR for starcraft 2 between seasons as well? i have some friends who were really into that game like 6 months ago and i seem to remember they were complaining pretty constantly about it. if blizzard wont even reset MMR for their serious competitive pvp game we have no hope for it happening here
    The whole ladder structure is completely different in SC2 than in WoW.

And SC2 has MMR decay if you stay inactive and you also drop down in ladder
    due to not spending your bonus pool of ladder points.

Sitting at certain rating is pointless in SC2 as everyone else will just climb over
    you in the ladder system they have in the game. And honestly... if you don't play
    against players at your own level for a while the next time you do you will get
    destroyed so hard.

people who think that people who did not got glad will not get it even if mmr rest is not true.

i played holy pala back in cata i get around 2300 barley and when i got to 2300 i played vs 2k people. suer i won like 15-30 times until i lose. but when i did lost 1 time i lose all the 15-30 win stroke or even more rating so all my day work go into shit. for 1 win i got around 3 rating or lower for one lose is around 25 big numbers if i was fighting 2300 people i was getting glad for sure.

so not resting MMR is joke because people who will get glad in 1 day will sit like cowards in thay top spot and yell IM THE BEST IN THE WORLD.when all the rest will get stuck in lower rating because they dont play.

so rest MMR and put mmr decay and everyone happy END OF STORY...

Well this sucks, and I who was about to start doing arena again (Haven't done it for real since TBC...).

Me and my irl friend just made new chars and leveled 'em up, we got 0 MMR and are pretty much srewed then?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Well this sucks, and I who was about to start doing arena again (Haven't done it for real since TBC...).

Me and my irl friend just made new chars and leveled 'em up, we got 0 MMR and are pretty much srewed then?
    was about to do the same with my mates. still hoping they change their minds an we will continue to level.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutley ridiculous. I had to deal with is BS all throughout Cataclysm. I'm so sick of this "We're never wrong" attitude that Blizzard has.

Fix the MMR or I'll spend my 15 a month elsewhere. You people at Blizz honestly need a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxray View Post
    Absolutley ridiculous. I had to deal with is BS all throughout Cataclysm. I'm so sick of this "We're never wrong" attitude that Blizzard has.

Fix the MMR or I'll spend my 15 a month elsewhere. You people at Blizz honestly need a reality check.
    And Blizzard dosn't realy care if it isnt 2-3 million more that thinks like that to be honest, you're pretty much nothing to them.. That's the harsh truth
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    most stupid thing ever not resetting MMR.

All the 'glads' are sitting on their 2500+ MMRs and not playing now that they have high team ratings.

2200+ teams have got their rating and aren't playing.

Everyone else is battling against 1800 MMR teams and if they win they get <5 points, if they lose they lose 30 points.

My partner and I won about 15 games in a row in 2s, and our MMR barely rose past 1900 despite our team rating getting up to 1960. A win on average gave us 5 points, and a loss -20. We had about 75% win ratio above 1900 and ended up losing rating. Such a stupid system.

edit: I just hope the 3s team I'm playing in tomorrow can win 50 games in a row to get a decent MMR going.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    And Blizzard dosn't realy care if it isnt 2-3 million more that thinks like that to be honest, you're pretty much nothing to them.. That's the harsh truth
    Considering Blizzard has absolutely hemorrhaged subscriptions over the past two years - despite giving away millions of dollars in free shit - they should probably start paying attention to things like that.

Though, I suppose barely passing BC's first day sales in an entire week was enough of a victory for them.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    The many weeks of no arena, to fix things like titles etc has been giving out well.. Wait, no they could have been used to reset the mmr as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed View Post
    It's pretty clear that blizzard are sending us the message that pvp is not their concern and we should pve or gtfo.
    Exactly how I feel about this. This is utter crap and the mmr system needs a revamp. While newcomers are working their asses off to get even close to 2000 high mmr players do 20 matches and are already glads. This is stupid in all ways and has to change.

I am really really pissed off and hope people complaining here actually try doing something about it. Just opening a topic certainly won't help.

opening a topic is just the start though

raises awareness.

Though blizz just seems to be ignoring it atm.

Deleted
    I think that it indeed is stupid for blizzard to not reset mmr, yet i have no understanding why they would change that in the last second, why would they not reset mmr? anyone whom got any ideas about it to maybe clear it up and all?

not one single blue post after they announced MMR non-reset on US forums.

I think they know they've fucked up and PR is working overtime on figuring out a solution to fix it.