I dont know which class to pvp with. How does x class work at 90 for pvp? (LONG POST)

Ive been leveling up multiple classes during the past week or so, and i still cant decide which class i want to play because i dont know how they play out at 90.

Im a melee person. I like a good amount of survivability and healing. I also like alright/good sustained dmg with burst potential with cooldowns. Group Utility/Overall Utility is secondary. I like to 1v1/duel ALOT. Its pretty much where i do most of my pvp after honor farming/arena downtime.

Anyway back to which class could be my new main for mop.

Ret paladin: Wrath ret paladin was the class I played. It is almost exactly what i described at the top of this post. However it had big problems vs casters/ranged because of no interrupt or effective gap closers and their utility wasnt that great outside of freedom/bop/off-heals. Also simple design kind of held it back. Now I am hearing at 90 that Ret paladins have great healing/survivability but with shitty sustained dps and awesome bursting with cooldowns, Gap between the 2 is even worse than cata i also hear. How is ret at 90?

Prot paladin: With the hotfixes today. It seems that paladins got a slight boost in dmg with a slight boost in healing(for pve at-least) I always wanted to try tank specs in pvp but they werent really viable in wrath/cata(only for flag carriers,etc) Im sure they have more overall defense than ret, but I really wanna know about the dmg. How is prot at 90?

Death knight: Secondary main in wrath/cata. Burst/sustain was great in frost, unholy got the short end of the stick slightly in dmg, healing with deathstrike was great until they nerfed it again back to 7%. Pretty solid class overall back then. How are Death knights in general at 90?

Monks: Im not really feeling windwalker at low lvs(30s-40s) Hearing that their dmg isnt THAT great is a let down, however their healing is all right but i dont know if it compensates. Brewmaster monks on the other end: AWESOME. Hotfixes today gave BM more dmg. The only downside about BM is that they have alot of shit u need to keep track of in order to actually be a good tank, which is fine for me. However Because of so many abilities that require chi, im hearing people say that haste stacking is the way to go so that they can get more energy for more jab/keg smash/expel harm which = to more chi. How are monks at 90?

Enh Shaman: Almost certain this will be my class for mop. I love the playstyle alot. It reminds me of wrath ret but has much more in utility. However im hearing rumors that enh shamans are kinda lacking this x-pan. They got buffed for sure but other classes got buffed even more. I don't know since im not 90 obviously. How are enh shamans at 90?

Warriors/Feral druids/Rogues: My least favourite classes. I dunno, wont get into too much detail but they arent my thing
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2012-10-03 at 05:42 AM.

Deleted
    Warriors rocks man!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard about Paladins, Prot is the worst Tank currently for Flag Carrying with not that much mobility (think it was Vangaurds who said that on Stream). Personally I have a Ret Paladin at 85, I assume at 90 we will still be cool-down reliant. We do have decent mobility and its pretty hard to keep us snared forever, and a reasonable amount of heals. For me I feel that TV hits a little low (at 85), with Judgement and CS being around it in terms of damage.

Don't know anything about Monks or Shaman, but DK is pretty good I believe (IMO). However, If you have a Warrior (and enjoy playing it), they are apparently really strong at 90. Second Wind is fantastic, and with Banners, Recklessness, Dragon Roar and Avatar, you can dish out some serious damage in a short space of time.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    From what I've heard about Paladins, Prot is the worst Tank currently for Flag Carrying with not that much mobility (think it was Vangaurds who said that on Stream). Personally I have a Ret Paladin at 85, I assume at 90 we will still be cool-down reliant. We do have decent mobility and its pretty hard to keep us snared forever, and a reasonable amount of heals. For me I feel that TV hits a little low (at 85), with Judgement and CS being around it in terms of damage.

Don't know anything about Monks or Shaman, but DK is pretty good I believe (IMO). However, If you have a Warrior (and enjoy playing it), they are apparently really strong at 90. Second Wind is fantastic, and with Banners, Recklessness, Dragon Roar and Avatar, you can dish out some serious damage in a short space of time.
    I think im gonna go shaman for 90, the shaman sub-forum doesnt go into too much detail about how they are in pvp(unless a good thread got buried). If not ill get my 85 pally to 90 since ret seems what people say i should play even Im not really fond of the HoPo system but they did buff it this x-pan.

guess ill just have to level until then. (unless more people post in the thread)