Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mogushan Vaults as a resto druid.

Hey guys

I was unable to test most of the bosses in the beta from this raid although I've seen most of the content from Heart of Fear and Temple.

I was wondering if someone who has done the first raid could give me some insight into the damage patterns of each boss along with any special mechanics that are interesting from a resto pov.

This would help me spec and plan accordingly, especially when it comes to SoTF vs Tree and the level 90 talents. I know it's only normal mode now but prep can't hurt
    Ashr

Personally I find Incarnation to be superior to SotF because you get so much mana saving by blanketing lifebloom and using clearcast on regrowth. I'm really not sure how much wild growth would get with being hasted with SotF but I have had good results by using Incarnation. As far as MGV I haven't noticed anything special for resto. String healing cooldowns on Feng coordinated with other healers for mana savings, etc. I don't feel as if the first three bosses are druid favored since there isn't much spreading or movement (only done first three) but we do quite well anyway. I'm new to maining a druid and healing this tier (played a mage previously) but it feels pretty straightforward honestly. The only question I have is about level 90 talents. I've been running heart of the wild and don't have any complaints but I might try out nature's vigil to see how that does. Heart of the wild seems nice on third boss at the start and any boss with low damage phases where you can just add a very nice chunk of dps for 45 seconds. I was doing about 2.5 million damage in that time on third boss, (popped int potion and went to town).

For the first fight, i don't see SoTF being that useful for the fight, the real big aoe damage comes in one big hit and then there's not as much aoe the rest of the time (aoe from jade - rest is people standing in purple or breaking chains), which lowers its overall benefit to WG.
    Incarnation felt more useful, especially with all the tank damage going on, and extra OoC procs for mana.

As to HotW or NV - both have their upsides. I used NV as an additional cd to top people off/heal them back up after the big aoe explosions alternating with tranq. Basically cycling the 3 cd's let me have boosted healing for almost all the big explosions. But it was rough for us lol. (need more gear hehe)

Finding myself a little weak in the repeatable multi-target/AOE healing department. Resto shaman in my 10 man last night was constantly 30% ahead of me because I had to wait forever for my next Wild Growth. He seemed to have 3 raid healing cooldowns to my 1 which didn't help.

Been running Tree of Life + NV for the first 3 bosses. Works quite well. I might try SotF soon.
    I really doubt Dream of Cenarius is worth it in a "progression" raid scenario. You basically have no free time nor enough mana to cast wrath.

Get a lot of spirit. I ran with ~8000 spirit and was OOM quite a few time. I play with 2 other very good healers.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/x1o8ns4jp5nua3a0/

Downed first boss last night and had second down to 30% before we called. Only 2 of our 3 healers are properly geared, so we were really 2.5 healing it. First boss was insane to heal until we figured out the mechanics, if the tanks taunt the wrong ones they will blow up and can 1 shot u specially if they blow up together. Once tanks figured out that part and ppl learned to no stand on purple shit fight went well, pop'd tranq early when overall health was low and we were about to hit the next boss blowup/aoe damage, tree of life for mana. Rinse and repeat, boss down.

Second one, omg, this one's a bitch for healing. Basically you stack ppl for aoe damage phases and you will have to rotate a major healing cd every minute, alternating with a tank's bubble ability they get from boss. So went like this: 1. bubble, 2. tranq, 3. bubble, 4. shaman's cd, 5. bubble, 6. priest's cd, etc... Second phase was rough cuz we didnt do the mechanics right, so instead of bubbling raid member now we need to bubble boss to prevend him from getting the stacks. For when bubble is not available we again should be rotating cds.

Also, based on how long these fights are going and the fact we're ooming, I've been using the 1k spirit flask rather than the intellect. Might switch it back once ppl get more gear. I was running with only 4.4k spirt + 1k from the flask, seemed not enough, might even try swaping my gems to get more spirit.
    Last edited by land; 2012-10-03 at 07:00 PM.

I can't imagine doing these fights with that level of spirit. With flask and food I was at about 9000 and still having problems, though we weren't doing the fights properly. Our tanks displayed epic levels of derp last night deciding the proper way to do Stone Guard was to eat many high damage overloads. Managed to kill it that way amazingly. Then they screwed us on the next fight too not tank switching to reset the rebuff ending with us healing through up to 8-9 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    I can't imagine doing these fights with that level of spirit. With flask and food I was at about 9000 and still having problems, though we weren't doing the fights properly. Our tanks displayed epic levels of derp last night deciding the proper way to do Stone Guard was to eat many high damage overloads. Managed to kill it that way amazingly. Then they screwed us on the next fight too not tank switching to reset the rebuff ending with us healing through up to 8-9 stacks.
    I was initially specced as moonkin/balance with 4k spir (15% hit), when we realized our heals was lacking I decided to switch to resto and help out since I have the highest ilvl of them all and the fight wasnt really a dps race. Was able to reforge some spirit but neither of my gems/enchants were really focused on healing. Regardless, me and a shammy were pulling around 45-50k hps (we're around 465ilvl) and an undergeared holy priest was around 30k I think. The thing is, if the tanks mess up the raid damage is insanely more to a point that if you get 2 overloads close from each other it will raid wipe unless u have a major healing cd pop'd at that moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    Been running Tree of Life + NV for the first 3 bosses. Works quite well. I might try SotF soon.
    I really doubt Dream of Cenarius is worth it in a "progression" raid scenario. You basically have no free time nor enough mana to cast wrath.

Get a lot of spirit. I ran with ~8000 spirit and was OOM quite a few time. I play with 2 other very good healers.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/x1o8ns4jp5nua3a0/
    8000? Me and my co-healers are running with 10k+ Spirit.

I went with Incarnation for Feng aswell. Though about using NV but HotW is going to give our raid that extra little dps boost (from me in cat form) during Flame phase that we'll breeze through it tomorrow.

Deleted
    Went with Incarnation and Nature's Vigil, downed the first 3, healed with a holy paladin and a disc priest. For us Feng was the hardest to heal, had to rotate cd's properly and be very mindful with mana. Me and the paladin ended up 2 healing P3 and it was rough. I think I'm at 11,5k spirit with flask, food buff, and trinket stacked (still using Heart of Unliving HC), and I felt strained on mana.

For Gara'jal I switched out Heart of Unliving as you can regen a lot in the spirit realm. I think I did 47k on Stone Guard with the paladin at 40k and the priest at 35k. Derped and didn't log Feng, I'm pretty sure I was closer to 50k than 45k though. Was around 47k on Gara'jal aswell but can't say a lot about the others as we were often in different realms. WoL is down atm so can't check.

Will see tomorrow what the rest is like.

Yeah turns out I didn't get much use from SoTF at all. I tried it on the first boss and found myself waiting for Wild Growth to go off cooldown so I just switched back to Incarnation and did more healing. Of course, this could be an l2p issue.

On Feng, I was strapped for mana so I needed Tree for regen. My gear is pretty bad at the moment. Only around 9k spirit after food and flask.

As for Gara'jal, we spent an hour trying to 3 heal him and died to some very close enrages. Switched to 2 and killed him in one pull.

My numbers were pretty similar to yours except on Feng where I was completely oom towards the end so it dropped quite a lot. I was also healing without the haste buff unfortunately
    Ashr

SotF takes some getting used to. I haven't spec'd for Incarnation a single time besides testing in town, so I have plenty of experience with SotF. It's near automatic now that I hit WG after Swiftmend and it's becoming more usual that my mind starts planning out by itself WGs in advance to use SotF.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    SotF takes some getting used to. I haven't spec'd for Incarnation a single time besides testing in town, so I have plenty of experience with SotF. It's near automatic now that I hit WG after Swiftmend and it's becoming more usual that my mind starts planning out by itself WGs in advance to use SotF.
    I suppose you don't use the WG glyph? I just remembered I forgot to remove it last night, which would explain my poor performance with SoTF.
    Ashr

I don't and honestly, aside from tank switches, our glyphs are so underwhelming I could be just as effective without any glyphs as I could with every slot filled. As you pointed out, in some cases, they actually do harm. As my gear is improving I'm nearing the point where I'm less comfortable about using the Regrowth glyph as the crit difference is getting smaller.

So we downed Feng last night after we decided to 2 heal it. I had around 6.5k spirit and pulled 50.9k hps iirc and our shammy did 51k hps. He was also running around 6k spirit. We stacked 2 hymns of hope and timed from with my innervate and I also used a concentration pot (the new one from mop).

As for the fight and answering OP's question, for Feng we rotated the tank's bubble ability with out healing cds. It was bubble, then tranq, then bubble, then spir link totem, then bubble, then tree of life + shammy's smaller CD + AMZ from dks, then bubble, tranq, and keep rotating like that...

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    So we downed Feng last night after we decided to 2 heal it. I had around 6.5k spirit and pulled 50.9k hps iirc and our shammy did 51k hps. He was also running around 6k spirit. We stacked 2 hymns of hope and timed from with my innervate and I also used a concentration pot (the new one from mop).

As for the fight and answering OP's question, for Feng we rotated the tank's bubble ability with out healing cds. It was bubble, then tranq, then bubble, then spir link totem, then bubble, then tree of life + shammy's smaller CD + AMZ from dks, then bubble, tranq, and keep rotating like that...
    Yea we did something similar as well. I had actually asked this question before the raid went live so I could be prepared but I got to see things first hand myself Thank you for your input though. We 3 healed it yesterday and will try to 2 heal in our alt raid on Sunday.
    Ashr

I have around 8.9k spirit unbuffed atm

Deleted
    How are you other resto druids out there doing on Elegon? Was working on him last night, interested in how others are healing, using cd's, talents ect. I'm healing with a holy paladin, went with Nature's vigil and Incarnation but planning to try Heart of the Wild to help dps sparks next raid. Anyone tried Soul of the Forest? I'm considering trying that aswell (but going with Nature's vigil in that case, so far feels like I need at least either NV or Incarnation).

^After reading some opinions about SoTF, I went back last night and used it on most of our Elegon pulls. I didn't really have a very good time with it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I feel like the talent is forcing me into a certain playstyle i.e cast as many buffed WGs as possible. Because of this, I either went oom by overhealing too much or I stood around idle, waiting for WG to come off cooldown.

Unless it completely blows Tree away HPS wise, I'm not so sure if it's worth it. I had a much more fluid time when I switched back to Tree.

As for the level 90 talents, I'm currently using Tree as a regen tool with Lifeblooms and NV as my real healing cooldown. The sparks did go down significantly faster with HoTW though so if your healing team can cover for you while you cast DPS spells, it maybe worth it. I planned to use it on the 5th wave of sparks when they move very quickly but we ran out of time. I'll try again on Sunday.
    Ashr

Deleted
    Ashrr - I feel the same way about SotF. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to it. Which spec is your healing partner? (Or partners if you raid 25)

I think we're going to replan how to do sparks instead of using HotW tbh. Would it be worth it to take it and DPS a bit during the burn phase? I'm thinking it won't, as I will have to heal.