Thread: Demo VS Affli

Demo VS Affli

Hey. From what ive seen and tested myself it seems like affli is quite higher in single target than demo. But watched some streams of the new raid, and they went demo?

So anyone who actually knows what spec is best?

Another question: For demo, what is the stat after hit? The guide here on the forums says Haste, but on askmrrobot it says Mastery. Anyone tried simcraft it?
    Last edited by warex00; 2012-10-03 at 09:58 AM.

I tried demo & aff , demo was alittle higer dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo has more mobility now since most of Aff's dps is tied down to MG and DS. Though on a stand still straight dps target aff will do more dps regardless, until people get more raid geared demo seems to just be better due to boss mechanics.

Alright, demo it is then for tonight

I really would go with demonology right now, it's better for AoE, I feel it has more tools for non ideal fight situations. Affli may be better on simcraft patchwerk but really I have yet to see it pull ahead in reality; it relies way too much on that kind of fight (low movement, one target, high health) whereas demonology is just more versatile.

And its also more fun imo than micromanaging dots, but that's subjective.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affli currently sims highest but play what's fun b/c they are all oddly close for a change

Affliction is great for pretty much every fight in Mogushon. (We've gotten through the transition at 85% on Elegon tonight and almost to the 50% transition cleanly)

I definitely think whatever spec you're personally best at will give you the best results, but affliction is very strong in this first raid.

For affli to truly shine, you must think of every movement you will have to make during the different phases.

If you launch a Haunt on the boss and immediately after needs to move, then you will loose a huge amount of DPS. Demo doesn't have this restriction.

So if you are a good player, affliction will do just fine.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Affliction is great for pretty much every fight in Mogushon. (We've gotten through the transition at 85% on Elegon tonight and almost to the 50% transition cleanly)

I definitely think whatever spec you're personally best at will give you the best results, but affliction is very strong in this first raid.
    I would like to ask about the garajal - do your dots wear off while u jump into the spirit realm immediately? Or tick off till the end?
    Another question is - the Stone guards - ain't it too punishing to spend GCDs or SS/SW to place/refresh dots on one of the doggys just before it starts to cast its petrification? Is it viable to dot the Dog that is solo-tanked (i.e. receives a 90% dmg reduction)?

Thanks