Thread: Elegon...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    They did balance everything really nicely... you just took your best/most-dedicated 10 players probably...

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed it!
    This boss was a BITCH :P

Deleted
    Killed him last Sunday, think we had 10-15 seconds left before enrage?
    Had 12 stacks of sparks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    If you found Gara (Troll Boss) a DPS check, you're going to suffer at the hands of this boss. His DPS timer is extremely tight, and even the healers need to do some DPS to help along! So far, this is the equivalent of Spine Heroic 0% Nerf! Perfect execution, is essential!
    Comparing this to spine pre-nerf is just... Silly. They're not even close to the same level.
    So far, none of the fights have been even close to the difficulty that some of the fights T11 had in normal (Nefarian springs to mind).
    Argueably, this may have to do with the fact that you were able to gear up for a reset before entering the raid (and thus everyone had full heroic gear), though.

The fight is fine. We got it and the achievement with an average item level of 460.

Even got the achievement for Elegon on our first kill.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So far, none of the fights have been even close to the difficulty that some of the fights T11 had in normal (Nefarian springs to mind).
    Funny, I had the opposite experience and found Elegon to be above pretty much every normal T11 boss, with exception of Al'akir 25. Gearing up for a week is hardly that helpful, seeing how there's 2 tier difference between heroic and raid gear - twice as big as it was back in Cata.

This boss is way more properly tuned than Will of Emperor. We had wiped on Elegon for 3 nights, kept wiping at around 10% due to healers unable to keep the raid damage. (We 2 healed it as resto druid and holy paladin). But yesterday night, we had some decent pulls and wiped on around 4%. Finally, with a near perfect execution, downed him with around 40 sec until enrage. We proceeded to Will of Emperor, having doubt on clearing him (it was getting late we had only an hour till raid ends). But to our surprise, the final boss is simply way easier than Elegon. Pretty much the fight relies only on tank dodging (which is really not hard) and burn phase at 20%. We're glad we were able to clear him so that we can start heroic tonight. Oh the joy when we finally downed Elegon!

If anyone is still having problems with this, I talked about how our Elegon strategy evolved over the course of our attempts on my blog: http://www.oatznotes.com/evolution-of-a-boss-strategy/

Hope it's helpful.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    This boss is way more properly tuned than Will of Emperor. We had wiped on Elegon for 3 nights, kept wiping at around 10% due to healers unable to keep the raid damage. (We 2 healed it as resto druid and holy paladin). But yesterday night, we had some decent pulls and wiped on around 4%. Finally, with a near perfect execution, downed him with around 40 sec until enrage. We proceeded to Will of Emperor, having doubt on clearing him (it was getting late we had only an hour till raid ends). But to our surprise, the final boss is simply way easier than Elegon. Pretty much the fight relies only on tank dodging (which is really not hard) and burn phase at 20%. We're glad we were able to clear him so that we can start heroic tonight. Oh the joy when we finally downed Elegon!
    Will of the Emperor is basically "can you handle one mechanic?" "Ok, now do it for 10 minutes". It's worse than Madness :P

If you tanks and maybe 1-2 melee can dodge the things, which isn't hard, you will win as long as the rest of your raid is awake and can smash buttons to kill the other adds.

Kill more sparks if you think this is a gear check. It's as simple as that. Make use of the small raid CDs (banner/stormlash), of pots, of the opness of monks (almost any kind) and UH DKs. Spread your dps properly on the adds. The dps check is not the boss enrage.
    The boss was far simpler than anything T11.
    If you want ezmode, get 13-14 stacks (6 kill + 6 kill).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    Chill, i don't think he wanted to insult you.

You simply said "EVEN when our DPS were between 85-95k", but that simply isn't that high, that's all hes saying.

He didn't call you shit or anything lol, you simply barely got the minimum DPS to beat the fight, which is again, not exactly high.
    And I never said, it was high. But I didn't give a context to my post either, I did that in the follow up post. The thing is, that this boss is hard for the average raiding guild or the raiding guilds attempting and killing him at this point. As I said, we had to bring in socials to get a perfect set-up and in light of that, the dps we managed to get was okay.

As I also said in my follow up post, I got our numbers wrong. We had 2 ppl above the 100k but the lowest did indeed do 88ish k - a social member in crap gear.

And yes, he did try to insult me. If you don't want to insult people, you should chose your words different.

OT: I've heard several guilds struggling to survive during phase 3, due to their healers going oom. We killed it with a Hpaladin and a Rest Druid who both stack up Spirit like mad men. From my own experience, you can't really afford mistakes on this fight. If you take too many stacks, the healers have to waste precious mana. If you fail at getting the add out, before it explodes, the healers have to waste mana and you risk losing someone. If you time it wrong and have an add up during the transition into phase 2, your healers have to waste mana. If you don't kill at least 5 waves and pref 6, then you won't get enough dps to beat the enrage timer.

So this fight is very much about a perfect execution and the healers managing their mana, so they have enough for phase 3.