Thread: Rune of Power

Deleted

Rune of Power

Hi all,

When i first read about this spell i thought it sounded great, and i still think it sounds great.
    But now i'm getting to use it i'm finding it's not as fun as i hoped. It doesn't seem to fit very comfortably into our rotation. It feels more of a pain to put it down with the cast time, if it was an instance cast it might feel more usable.

I'm finding while im learning boss fights im having to move alot and i think in general the heroic boss fights invovle quite a bit of moving, so having to cast rune of power all the time when i come to a stand still, again doesn't feel very good. Even heading back to your rune can waste time as other classes can dive right back into dpsing, were wondering back to our rune or recasting another which you may have to move from before too long.

I'm trying not to make this a moan, as i'm more curious how people are using it or if they think a different talent is more worth while. The buff alone seems to make this the clear choice but perhaps not.

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    You need the Scorch talent to be able to walk back, if you don't want Scorch you'll have have to continue DPSing without the Rune until you find time to move back to it, as it's not worth it to spend the time recasting it.

Deleted
    Go with the invocation talent instead. You will have to cast evocation every 40 sec and it's on a 5 sec cast time (depending on your haste ofc). That might be a pain but atleast you can move about after the cast.

Does anyone know if you can cast evocation while moving if you use ice floes?
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2012-10-03 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    I'm currently using scorch and casting it while i move but it just doesnt feel fluid enough for me. i'll get used to it i guess, i just wanted to see what other peoples experiances of it were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Does anyone know if you can cast evocation while moving if you use ice floes?
    No, as it's limited to spells with a base channel time of up to 4 seconds, so no Evocation or Teleports.

Deleted
    Except for some raid fight, Rune of Power aren't really usable actually.
    In 5-mans, there's too much movement involved and in PvP (battleground, arena, PVP server), I think it just a suicide.

Invocation require a good timing but can be use everywhere.
    Incanter's need damage and there's the passive if not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, as a RoP user the only fight I've had a severe challenge with is Zhu in SPM. The way I make RoP a little more fluid is by picking up Presence of Mind and using it to place instant Runes to help during the moments when a mechanic forces movement like in Nizuao.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    I'm currently using scorch and casting it while i move but it just doesnt feel fluid enough for me. i'll get used to it i guess, i just wanted to see what other peoples experiances of it were.
    Your have to remember that depending on the fight you are saposed to change between the 3 90 talents it is up to you to judge when rune of power is best and the way to do that is just use it on a fight see if you are putting rune down to often. I think if you can make it through about 15-20 sec before moving you are getting your "moneys worth" out of the spell. You're never going to get 100% up time on the 90 talents so just shoot for as high as you can get.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 01:00 PM ----------

i don't get peoples aversion to invocation "omg you mean that that spell that i have had to use standing still i still have to use standing still but this time i get a buff at the end? Sweet! What that's not all it's a 10 sec cd? NO WAY! That means 2 times during the buff duration that i can hit evo just for the front loaded 15% mana return. It's like having mana gem on a 10 sec cd wtf that's bad ass" it is a really useful spell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    Your have to remember that depending on the fight you are saposed to change between the 3 90 talents it is up to you to judge when rune of power is best and the way to do that is just use it on a fight see if you are putting rune down to often. I think if you can make it through about 15-20 sec before moving you are getting your "moneys worth" out of the spell. You're never going to get 100% up time on the 90 talents so just shoot for as high as you can get.
    I'd argue that it's *easiest* to get as close to 100% uptime on Invocation than the others, especially with regards to raids and movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    i don't get peoples aversion to invocation "omg you mean that that spell that i have had to use standing still i still have to use standing still but this time i get a buff at the end? Sweet! What that's not all it's a 10 sec cd? NO WAY! That means 2 times during the buff duration that i can hit evo just for the front loaded 15% mana return. It's like having mana gem on a 10 sec cd wtf that's bad ass" it is a really useful spell
    It's because now, instead of having to Evocate only when they needed mana (Arcane exclusive), they have to Evocate for 5 seconds every 40 seconds. It results in more downtime and a breakup in gameplay which some dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    I'd argue that it's *easiest* to get as close to 100% uptime on Invocation than the others, especially with regards to raids and movement.
    I disagree, since a lost tick means the buff isn't refreshed. Any fight which restricts Invocation also restricts Rune of Power, probably more heavily since you're looking at a 1.5 sec refresh on RoP versus 5 second interruptable channel with Invocation.

It's because now, instead of having to Evocate only when they needed mana (Arcane exclusive), they have to Evocate for 5 seconds every 40 seconds. It results in more downtime and a breakup in gameplay which some dislike.
    Which *many dislike. I would hazard that there is not a single Arcane mage that enjoys Invocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which *many dislike. I would hazard that there is not a single Arcane mage that enjoys Invocation.
    I'm finding it the most reliable, but the most annoying ... not to mention pissing of the rest of the group whilst I evocate every time they are looking.

Well for some reason, I assumed the ability stacked since it says you can have 2 at the most, Ive been looking a right plank since 87 using it

Question, does it give any of the buffs to others?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm finding it the most reliable, but the most annoying ... not to mention pissing of the rest of the group whilst I evocate every time they are looking.
    Why does it piss them off? Does it effect them in any way? No.
    They got bad tempers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Question, does it give any of the buffs to others?
    Think for even a second about that and you'll answer your own question.

I disagree, since a lost tick means the buff isn't refreshed. Any fight which restricts Invocation also restricts Rune of Power, probably more heavily since you're looking at a 1.5 sec refresh on RoP versus 5 second interruptable channel with Invocation.
    The only things that stop you getting the buff are stuns, interrupts, knockbacks and yourself. Spell pushback just makes the channel longer.

Deleted
    Time it fine and it's easy. I managed to keep 100% uptime for the vast majority of my raid tonight. Only boss fight I didn't was Spirit Kings cos of the near-constant movement required towards the end of the encounter, but that's still the same problem for RoP, so.

Is there an addon that has a timer on the RoP buff once you place it under yourself? on fights where the entire raid is stacked, you cant simply go by the graphic since you can't see when it's about to expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezra View Post
    Is there an addon that has a timer on the RoP buff once you place it under yourself? on fights where the entire raid is stacked, you cant simply go by the graphic since you can't see when it's about to expire.
    ikr..... when we did feng last night everyone was ontop of the rune and i didnt know if i was on it or the rune was there XD

any1 know if weak aura can alert this situation??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!