Thread: Jeffery and Me

Jeffery and Me

I was farming ore in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and to save time instead of killing mobs when they aggroed I'd stun them, mine and run and they would chase me but eventually they'd leash and go back to their normal routine; torturing panderen, eating passerbys, etc. Well one of them decided he didn't want to return to his normal routine, he said he was done hanging around in the same spot forever and he wanted to see the world. So he followed me, I kept running trying to get away so I could mount and continue farming but he was determined to come adventuring with me.

I ran for awhile before combat finally dropped and then I mounted and carried on looking for the next node to mine, never looking back and when I did land next out of the corner of my eye I see this spider mob running up to me. I finish mining and begin to start mounting when he reaches me and I realize he's not attacking me! I stand still and he stops and stand staring at me with all of his blue eyes, I swing at him to get him to leave me alone, the blow misses completely, unfazed he continues to look at me. I decide to ignore him now he's not bothering me or preventing me from mining so I carry on without a thought about him for a few hours he follows me relentlessly always there at every node watching me through combat with a paladin over a node to the depths of a lake he follows, me always ignoring him.

Hanging out in the Shrine of Two Moons I'm approached by a Shaman who says "You've got a mob." I look at the spider surprised he's still with me after all this time and begin to appreciated how determined he is to see the world with me so I turn to the shaman, nod and say "His name's Jeffery." to which he replies with "k" and heads of to do...well I don't know whatever it is that shamans do. With this new friendship I decide to fulfill Jeffrey's dream of seeing the world and so we set out we ventured to many places and did many things though on the way to visit his family to tell them about his adventures so far something happened.

After we left the cliff overlooking the Shado-Pan Monastery I headed back to the grove of trees where his family resided found a safe place to land and waited and I waited quite awhile. I began to worry after awhile it never took him this long to catch up to me no matter how far he was always quick to be by my side. What happened to him I wondered? is he hurt? did he get lost? I tried everything I could think of to help him find his way back to me but none of it worked I can only hope one day he returns. I don't know where you are Jeffery but I hope you're okay and I miss you...

some pictures from our adventures(they look best full screen)

Last edited by Tuskcat; 2012-10-03 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

shouldnt this belong to the RP thread?

Deleted
    Great read

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    shouldnt this belong to the RP thread?
    not sure I peeked in there and it seemed to be more of discussions about RP'ing rather than collections of stories
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

Nice post

I've noticed the leashing thing as well. So glad my gatherer is a nelf and I can smeld it off.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-10-03 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dawwww ^^

He made a friend. Jeffery the spider.

I imagine it went something like, one day, when Jeffery spawned, he was told by his big spider chief 'You, drown, you will attack anyone that comes near here!'
    To which Jeffery replied "But why, why can't we all be friends with the adventurers?"
    The spider chief laughed and sent him on his way, but Jeffery had other ideas.

Perhaps after he meet, he wandered off to have adventures across the ocean all by his spidery self.

(btw, you should totally level pet training and get a spider mini pet, call him jeffery)
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-10-03 at 11:35 AM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a minor bug . It happened once with the spinners from Deadwind Pass. He followed me all the way to Stormwind and no one could kill him.

Still, cute story!

Best bug ever, in more ways than one.

Good luck in your travels, Jeffery!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Dawwww ^^

He made a friend. Jeffery the spider.

I imagine it went something like, one day, when Jeffery spawned, he was told by his big spider chief 'You, drown, you will attack anyone that comes near here!'
    To which Jeffery replied "But why, why can't we all be friends with the adventurers?"
    The spider chief laughed and sent him on his way, but Jeffery had other ideas.

Perhaps after he meet, he wandered off to have adventures across the ocean all by his spidery self.

(btw, you should totally level pet training and get a spider mini pet, call him jeffery)
    yeah hopefully he has a new adventurer to follow I just hope they treat him well or maybe he's off having his own adventures

and thank you for this idea totally will

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the most awesome and most well thought out threads I've ever read. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskcat View Post
    not sure I peeked in there and it seemed to be more of discussions about RP'ing rather than collections of stories
    Yeah it just seemed to me like a cool rp story to me

anyway back on topic

its such a shame you are not a hunter you couldve tamed the beast and it couldve been your loyal companion and best friend for life

I was a hunter from vanilla to the end of BC never again lol but I am going to catch a battle pet spider and name it Jeffery
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets...desert-spider/ the right alternate skin is a perfect match!
    Last edited by Tuskcat; 2012-10-03 at 01:05 PM.

This should be made into a movie.

Deleted
    best thread i have read in a while..

Awesome as

Jeffery <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    This should be made into a movie.
    Totally! Wowcrendor, plz!
    #boycottchina

9/10, would read again.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread was awesome, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Totally! Wowcrendor, plz!
    I'm thinking Brad Pitt or Matt Damon to play Tuskcat. Hope there's a fully trained big ass spider to play Jeffrey if not go the CGI route. Add in a love interest to bring in woman and a few action scenes to bring in kids and male adults and I have no doubt this will make more money than The Avengers.

Just don't quote me on that.