Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Wink OMG Black Market Auction House!!!

I was thinking of buying MoP tomorrow when I read about this feature!
    THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ME!
    Can you really buy HEROIC RAID gear there and even now when heroic raids are not even released?!?!?!
    I am not so poor, don't get me wrong - I have 150k
    But if I have no reason to raid anymore and if people can buy the best gear by grindin gold, I am 1000% not playing this game anymore!!!
    If this is true then this is just like Diablo III real $ auction house!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think 150k gold is gonna net you much (if any) items.

Also, items are random so you might not even see a heroic raid item on the BMAH.

If that upsets you so much, play something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol you are comparing a ingame auction house with... real money auction house?

Also, as far as I know, you are eligable to buy tier 3 gear for costmetic look.

I heard you could buy the new PvP season and PvE gear, but my guess is that its the weakest sets you are eligable to buy for 10-20k g only for starter bidding.

why do you even care? If you got a raid guild, then why bother if John Doe pays 125.000 for a pair of trash epic anyway?

Erm you can buy heroic gear yes,

but its once in a blue moon it will pop up,

Pieces tend to go for atleast 30k

and its not nothing to do with real cash, just a gold sink
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Yes... you can buy that stuff off of the Black Market, IF (and that's a big IF) and when it appears. And if you have WAY more than 150k to outbid everyone with. It's a random thing and you're better off raiding than waiting for the Black Market to turn around one of the very many possible pieces of gear that's also fit for your character.

That said...
    *grabs popcorn*

It has nothing to do with real money. Its nothing like the D3 RMAH. It's just a way to get some TGC stuff, old Gear that was removed from the game, rare gear and other rare/useless stuff. And one single person gets these prize. ONE single person.

The smiley in the title makes it seem like you're hoping you can quit. @____@

stuff like that would cost several hundred thousand like 800+

as far as i know theres no buyout option either, so its just bidding wait for time to expire and pray nobody out bids you

You do realize that its the odd piece of heroic gear, not a whole set and that its fully random right?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

It's not always heroic items is up, also only 1 gets it on the server. The belts and rings easily go up to 300K min. on my server, so it's not something you can get easily unless you spend countless of hours in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Can you really buy HEROIC RAID gear there and even now when heroic raids are not even released?!?!?!
    But if I have no reason to raid anymore and if people can buy the best gear by grindin gold, I am 1000% not playing this game anymore!!!
    Deeerp... there's a heroic ring atm that reached 1.5mil... 150k is nothing in today's economy

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    From what I saw (I don't keep close tabs on it), it is one or two pieces of gear per day and the whole server has access to it. This past weekend when I looked it was a heroic plate DPS boots. A horde guild showed up 30 minutes before the auction was going to end and killed everyone that was there, including the constant spawn of guards. Then their main DPSer bought the boots for 52500g. (Earlier I had bid 50k on it just because I know that they would come in and buy it.)

It's not like there are pages and pages and pages of gear on the BMAH just ready for the taking.

Try and restrain your indignation until you are informed of the situation. The "OMG I'm quitting" is really unnecessary.

It's an "auction house"... there is no buy it now. You have to WIN the auction others that others will also want. That means being there at the last second when the auction ends.
    Last edited by vinnyboombat; 2012-10-03 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 1 (heroic) item I've seen on the BMAH sold for 200k+. Don't think 150k will give you more than 1 or 2 pieces if you're lucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Deeerp... there's a heroic ring atm that reached 1.5mil... 150k is nothing in today's economy
    Don't say anything if you have no idea how it works. Max bid is 999,999

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    1.5million you say? That's very impressive considering the most you can bid is 999,999.

Deleted
    the str heroic belt isnt even BiS -_-

Unless you belong to a absolute hard core realm first guild then dont even waste your gold on these heroic items in the ah they will become obsolete when the next patch hits

in fact in over 6 months they prolly will only be worth DE

save your g for items that last like mounts and vanity shit

thats my opinion anyway

I've been checking it regularly just out of curiosity. I've seen 3 pets, 1 mount, and a crafting epic pattern. 1500k for pets, 40k for other items at the time I looked.

At best, if a heroic raid piece is on BMAH you will see ONE item available and someone out there might be shelling out 275k gold for that one item.

The BMAH is HELPING you, OP. It helps drain gold from the overinflated economy. Unless part of raiding you love is paying 35,000 gold for gems and enchants every time you get a few upgrades, because that's the direction it will go without gold sinks.

You're going to let one minor feature that has no impact on you whatsoever determine your decision to play possibly the best or top 2 expansions Blizz has made?
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-10-03 at 01:27 PM.

Random and like a 4% chance of actually seeing a useful piece of gear. You can only bid and bidding caps at 999k so good luck actually winning a piece.