Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please post back here after you have gotten a full set of heroic that is current tier ONLY from BMAH. My guess is, noone will be able to do this. Max is 1-2 pieces, if even that. If you can't get a full set of it within the time, it's not gonna be a problem. Really.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Also 150k isnt rich, its a decent starting amount to go into a new ex pac with
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Deeerp... there's a heroic ring atm that reached 1.5mil... 150k is nothing in today's economy
    Good job...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Good job...

I noticed he has a great name considering his post.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Topic already being discussed in another thread on the first page? Check.
    Topic presented in a manner that will surely get tons of bites? Check.
    Low post count for OP? Check.

Hmm.

Deleted
    Oh yes, I read it in the "how does he have heroic gear" thread and this was my immediate reaction:
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    You can get current heroic gear from the BMAH?

Whaaa? I thought it was just vanity items for transmog, mounts and pets.
    And guys please don't tell me you have all forgotten about gold sellers, from which you can buy a ridiculous amount of gold for little money. I was ok till now since even if they bought gold they could only buy crap I made or found which were NOT heroic gear!!!
    What's the point of hardcore raiding where anyone willing to spend can have something similar. And it will be very important for realm firsts. So why should I bother with raiding - for some shitty achievements? Thanks, but no thanks!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this is one of those "Imma go and fuck around on the forums" type of posts, I can't take this to seriously.... not like it's new news or anything.

But to stay on topic: Yes, you can buy a piece of heroic gear on the BMAH. It's rare that there is any on there, and from what I've seen, only one piece at any one time. Chances are it'll sell for a ton as well, so I don't think your deep pockets will cover the charge. There's no buyout, so you can only bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Oh yes, I read it in the "how does he have heroic gear" thread and this was my immediate reaction:

And guys please don't tell me you have all forgotten about gold sellers, from which you can buy a ridiculous amount of gold for little money. I was ok till now since even if they bought gold they could only buy crap I made or found which were NOT heroic gear!!!
    What's the point of hardcore raiding where anyone willing to spend can have something similar. And it will be very important for realm firsts. So why should I bother with raiding - for some shitty achievements? Thanks, but no thanks!!!
    If you only raid for the gear then you're already doing it wrong. I hear solitaire is a lot of fun.

Deleted
    And guys please don't tell me you have all forgotten about gold sellers, from which you can buy a ridiculous amount of gold for little money.
    I had to look it up, but 580k gold costs 1299 dollar... That is cheap? Those items will go for 500k-999k gold... that's 1200-2000 dollar. Do you really think someone will spend that amount of money on ONE piece of heroic gear, that will be obsolete pretty soon and that they will get in their raids quickly as well? Come on, be realistic. And that's without even considering that Blizzard will ban your ass after winning the bid, as you can be sure they check credit history of the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    If you only raid for the gear then you're already doing it wrong. I hear solitaire is a lot of fun.
    Care to wager how many folks would clear a raid more than once if there were no gear drops?

Deleted
    Ok, I searched it with google and feel a little better now:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/06/19/za...auction-house/
    So, at least, no set pieces. Still a way to prove you do raid.
    But a litte better now, not much, as I can still get a quite big competative advatage against other guilds with gold.
    @ Lios - I don't know where you are playing man, but I've been offered 50k for like 15$ as far as I remember

There are many threads about WoW killer guys, but I telll you that Blizzard is gonna kill WoW by implementing something incredibly stupid!!!

I was thinking of buying MoP tomorrow when I read about this feature!
    THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ME!
    Can you really buy HEROIC RAID gear there and even now when heroic raids are not even released?!?!?!
    I am not so poor, don't get me wrong - I have 150k
    But if I have no reason to raid anymore and if people can buy the best gear by grindin gold, I am 1000% not playing this game anymore!!!
    If this is true then this is just like Diablo III real $ auction house!
    To answer your question:

Yes, there is the possibility (even if small) to buy raid and rare gear for gold (gold which you can buy with real money).

blizzard has to slowly get the idea of buying raid and rare items into the minds of gamers cause it has a sigma on it. Start with D3 where it doesn't really matter, introduce a small but very similar concept into WOW with the BMAH (where buying stuff makes people upset) and later fully introduce a gold/cash shop. (of course all that is just a guess but I feel thats what blizzard is slowly working on in WOW. It will be a long while and go through many different changes but we'll see it in our gaming lifetime)

15+ Year Old Account
    But if I have no reason to raid anymore and if people can buy the best gear by grindin gold, I am 1000% not playing this game anymore!!!
    Okay, then don't play. We have enough whiners and "unique snowflakes" already.

Deleted
    People say heroic raid gear will "almost never appear," yet there are examples of players who already have two pieces from the BMAH. Sure, you can't just wander in and buy a full BiS set -- but if you have the gold to win the bids, I wouldn't be the least surprised if it were possible to buy a piece every week. What's more worrying is the way this completely counters an eight year battle against gold-sellers and heralds the F2P and pay-to-win future of this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    1.5million you say? That's very impressive considering the most you can bid is 999,999.
    and a character can only have 999,999 gold

raid gear will be one of the things that will pop up , apart everything else so there will be little gear .
    the price will be so high you wont even be able to bid .
    and the gear sold will be only some part boots bracer and something else ? rlly this thread is so bad , and you should feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    People say heroic raid gear will "almost never appear," yet there are examples of players who already have two pieces from the BMAH. Sure, you can't just wander in and buy a full BiS set -- but if you have the gold to win the bids, I wouldn't be the least surprised if it were possible to buy a piece every week. What's more worrying is the way this completely counters an eight year battle against gold-sellers and heralds the F2P and pay-to-win future of this game.
    Exactly ^

It will be a very slow transition and blizzard will develop it at a snails pace to slowly acclimate the gamers to the idea of F2P and cash shop items (or even in game gold items) but it will happen and then everyone will be saying, "Wait what happened?" and blizzard will be saying, "But you all asked for this."

Then it's too late. F2P, P2W, cash shops and gold shops will be in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

You are completely unable to think in perspective are you.

"What's the point of hardcore raiding where anyone willing to spend can have something similar."
    The thrill? The kill? The social aspect? The loot? The fun?

Seems like you still haven't figured out: These items have no Buyout. There's a SERVER WIDE COMPETITION FOR THESE ITEMS. They reach prices in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS.
    When heroic raiding starts the amount of HC items bought from BMAH will be completely insignificant.

Just THINK for a minute before you start rambling while in tunnelvision on ONE aspect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    Very impressive! One guy on a faction with most likely thousands of players. And spending 50-250k per week on items that will be sub-par in 5.1-5.2... I see the gold-sink is really effective.

And some tinfoil-preach at the end as well. 9/10.
    I wonder how goldsellers benefit from having gold deleted from the server. I was under this insane impression that often goldsellers would try to get hold of buyers accounts, knowing that they can't go to Blizzard about it since then it'd be obvious what they did prior. Hint: gold has always been sought after, but goldsellers does not benefit from goldsinks per se. Oh, and there has always been other expensive items people were willing to buy gold for, epic riding, epic flying, mammoth mounts, sandstone, mechanohog and so on.

Pay-to-win, from assuming that BMAH will cause so much goldbuying that blizzard will make gold available for real money. You're totally onto something here, you and Conspiracy Keanu.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-10-03 at 02:28 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The thing is that heroic pve gear will rarely be seen on the bmah, and you'd be very lucky to even get the winning bid (which will be around the million gold mark) depending on the server you're on. The odds of anyone even getting more than 2 pieces from the bmah are slim and there will only be a couple of players on every server who even get gear from there. I really don't see what the problem is, I think it's great that they introduced a gold sink like this.

Also since you only seem to care about purple pixels and not actually having fun, good riddance I'd say, nobody will miss you.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Exactly ^

It will be a very slow transition and blizzard will develop it at a snails pace to slowly acclimate the gamers to the idea of F2P and cash shop items (or even in game gold items) but it will happen and then everyone will be saying, "Wait what happened?" and blizzard will be saying, "But you all asked for this."

Then it's too late. F2P, P2W, cash shops and gold shops will be in game.
    Speak for yourself. I could care less if they sold heroic mode gear for cash right now. I don't play this game for anyone else but myself. What someone else does with their time and money has no effect on me.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.