Deleted

Xuen with high vengeance or agi pot + Heroism

When is the best time to pop Xuen please consider the following scenario.

I tank on Garajal but am NOT the one tanking the last 20% when he is enraged. So I pop Xuen at the beginning of the fight with a prepot and my first vengeance. Considering the boss has a 6 min Enrage Timer we can use Xuen twice. Now my question:

Is it better to pop Xuen the second time when I have high Vengeance and am tanking or when I'm not tanking and we use Heroism + Agi pots?

If you mean when you will do the most damage, I believe high vengeance will provide more dps than heroism + pot. However, is there anything stopping you from taunting for a few seconds in order to build up a nice stack of vengeance during the last 20%, then popping Xuen/Pot? This will greatly increase your damage during that phase. Icy Veins explains the benefits of the strat here:

Quote Originally Posted by IcyVeins
    While Vodoo Dolls is active on a tank, Gara'jal will only attack that tank, and it is not possible for the other tank to take over. However, taunting Gara'jal during this time does appear to have a limited effect: the boss will attack the off-tank for the duration of taunt, after which he will return to the main tank. This is useful in two respects.

It allows the off-tank to gain some Vengeance, greatly buffing their (and the raid's) DPS.
    It allows the off-tank to "save" the main tank, should they be in danger of dying.

Deleted
    I was not aware that I could taunt the Boss for a samll duration... I always thought it was not tauntable.

Thanks for the hint.
    Now time to get my WoL ranks higher on Wednesday

Deleted
    He doesn't taunt raid bosses unfortunately, only (heroic) dungeon bosses/mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    You could also use Avert Harm. I believe that will give you a decent amount of Vengance for popping Xuen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    You could also use Avert Harm. I believe that will give you a decent amount of Vengance for popping Xuen
    I use Avert Harm naturally on the last 20% to mitigate raid damage but i never notived a high increase in vengeance but to be honest I do not really look at my vengeance when burning the boss for the last percent