10+ Year Old Account

Resto @ Mogu'shan Vaults (25)

Hey guys, we stepped foot in Mogu'shan 25 for a couple hours last night, and struggled a bit on Feng. We were getting to p3 after a couple attempts, but were getting smashed by Arcane Velocity/Resonance. How were you handling this? Is it best to be spread, then stack once the debuff goes out (excluding the debuffed aforementioned)?

Also was curious about people's choice in talents for the kill. Originally I was going with Ancestral Swiftness and HTT, but our ele suggested I try out EoE and Conductivity (for how often we're going to be stacked in Healing Rain). For the most part I was topping our meters, but when we were getting to p3, healing was starting to get a little hairier, as well as my mana.

This is my first time maining a resto shaman, as I was a mage for t13...so advice would be excellent. I'm a pretty avid reader on the forums here...so I should be able to get back to replies soon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enkem/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ndwi9d0h2nme10ff/

Also if you have suggestions, tips for the next few bosses as well..I'll put them to good use.
    Last edited by Azatos; 2012-10-03 at 03:31 PM.
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

Quote Originally Posted by Azatos View Post
    Hey guys, we stepped foot in Mogu'shan 25 for a couple hours last night, and struggled a bit on Feng. We were getting to p3 after a couple attempts, but were getting smashed by Arcane Velocity/Resonance. How were you handling this? Is it best to be spread, then stack once the debuff goes out (excluding the debuffed aforementioned)?

Also was curious about people's choice in talents for the kill. Originally I was going with Ancestral Swiftness and HTT, but our ele suggested I try out EoE and Conductivity (for how often we're going to be stacked in Healing Rain). For the most part I was topping our meters, but when we were getting to p3, healing was starting to get a little hairier, as well as my mana.

This is my first time maining a resto shaman, as I was a mage for t13...so advice would be excellent. I'm a pretty avid reader on the forums here...so I should be able to get back to replies soon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enkem/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ndwi9d0h2nme10ff/

Also if you have suggestions, tips for the next few bosses as well..I'll put them to good use.
    Stick with HTT, Conductivity is very weak and from your logs, you would get very little use out of it since you are not using HW/GHW very much.

As far as mana, you should skip socket bonuses and socket full spirit. Try to use all 320 spirit gems, that will help your mana immensely. Also, Price of Progress will give back more mana than Vial, so get that if you can.

I would stick with AS due to the large haste increase, but they are about equal for you. Choose which one you like better, but I would personally go for AS on a fight like Feng.

For the actual fight, have your range spread out in a circle around the boss for P3. When he starts casting his AoE, collapse to the melee but have the people with the debuff stay out and pop a personal CD. Rotate raid cooldowns for each collapse and try to unstack quickly if not 1 to 2 ticks before he finishes casting to avoid getting a debuff in the raid (which will instant-wipe).

Hope I helped.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Table.
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done any raiding yet on my shammy, but based on what I've been reading the Water Shield glyph would probably serve you very well--at least at our current lower gear levels. Based on the streams I've seen, incoming damage seems constant and consistent, so it would likely trigger reliably and really boost your mana gain.

Take a look at this: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-.../#Water_Shield

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    I haven't done any raiding yet on my shammy, but based on what I've been reading the Water Shield glyph would probably serve you very well--at least at our current lower gear levels. Based on the streams I've seen, incoming damage seems constant and consistent, so it would likely trigger reliably and really boost your mana gain.

Take a look at this: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-.../#Water_Shield
    Actually, according to my logs, WS glyph would have been a significant loss on Feng (about 10k mana).

Glyph is exceptionally strong on Stone Guard though.
    \

Somewhat off-topic but I've just noticed that Windwalk prevents roots from traps on Stone Guard which makes it kinda useful for getting rid of those, in case someone cares. :P The dmg still happens but you don't get rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Somewhat off-topic but I've just noticed that Windwalk prevents roots from traps on Stone Guard which makes it kinda useful for getting rid of those, in case someone cares. :P The dmg still happens but you don't get rooted.
    Yes, Windwalk Totem is very useful for Stone Guard. Use in in combined with the Cobalt Petrification and you can pop all the traps in the room easily.
    \