Question Lore question: how did Shaohao die?

I know that he cast off his negative emotions and became one with the land and blah blah blah but how did he die? it says that he just disappeared. how? and how did this create mists that sealed off Pandaria?

He becomes one with the force.

There are these lore shrines around Pandaria, some are dedicated to his story. The emperors burden ( or something like that) they tell you his entire story. In addition once you find them all you can go to the lore walkers to see Cho tell you the story with a tiny in game cinematic.

But seriously he pulls an Obi wan
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

but how did the mists come?

Source: Wowpedia.com: "Seeing that all things were connected in an eternal whole, and that his beloved land was more than just the Pandaren Empire, Shaohao at last understood. His staff clattered to the floor as his spirit became one with the land. When the world tore itself apart, Pandaria drifted quietly into the ocean. And as the Emperor's robes fluttered empty to the ground, the land became enveloped in impenetrable mists, hidden away from the rest of the world"

He simply ceased to be in his physical form and became one with the whole Pandaria. In my opinion, HE was the Mists himself...

Quote Originally Posted by noahu View Post
    "Seeing that all things were connected in an eternal whole, and that his beloved land was more than just the Pandaren Empire, Shaohao at last understood. His staff clattered to the floor as his spirit became one with the land. When the world tore itself apart, Pandaria drifted quietly into the ocean. And as the Emperor's robes fluttered empty to the ground, the land became enveloped in impenetrable mists, hidden away from the rest of the world." - From Wowpedia.

It's said that he became the mists, or something like that, to protect his homeland.

Edit: Damnit, beaten to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noahu View Post
    Has to with the emperor's sacrifice, when he became one with the land it broke off from land mass during this underling and was enveloped by the mists.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Shaohao is the Mist that surrounded Pandaria.
    He chanelled all his being into those Mists to shroud Pandaria from Terror.

The story surrounding him though a classy one would be a really nice movie

So... does that mean Emperor Shaohao is still alive?!

Quote Originally Posted by propsmc90 View Post
    I think we raped Shaohao.

See: Players "penetrating the mists".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by propsmc90 View Post
    I don't think so. It's similar to what you can see on the Wandering Isle when you go with your master to the Stave forest (or whatever it's called). When a Pandaren chooses to die he releases his spirit which will become one with the land or in the case of Shaohao his spirit became the mist that moved Pandaria away and protected it.

When the cataclysm occurred the mist vanished. So you could see it the way you like. Shaohao died when he created the mist. When you say that the mist is Shaohao he died when the cataclysm occurred and the mist vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    I don't think so. It's similar to what you can see on the Wandering Isle when you go with your master to the Stave forest (or whatever it's called). When a Pandaren chooses to die he releases his spirit which will become one with the land or in the case of Shaohao his spirit became the mist that moved Pandaria away and protected it.

When the cataclysm occurred the mist vanished. So you could see it the way you like. Shaohao died when he created the mist. When you say that the mist is Shaohao he died when the cataclysm occurred and the mist vanished.
    Wrong.

ShaoHao has nothing to do with the mist. All he did was seperate the land.

What ever caused the Mist, and whatever caused it to disappear (it wasnt the cataclysm), is still unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Wrong.

What ever caused the Mist, and whatever caused it to disappear (it wasnt the cataclysm), is still unknown.
    Nowhere does it say he didn't cause it(though there is no source confirming that he did, either). We simply don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Wrong.

I won't speak of that with such certainty. It's possible the mists were a defense mechanism intended to hide the Vale and Pandaria from invaders (particularly nasty ones like the Legion), but it's also possible the mists *are* Shaohao's doing. It hasn't been clarified, but there's a big Titan facility in Pandaria and shrouds that held until the Cataclysm are something they are good at utilizing however the scrolls imply Shaohao did it.

I think it's kind of take on Leto II from Dune. He turned into a thousands of baby sand worms.

The mists could literally be Shao Hao, or the Sha could be a result of Shao Hao's own essence tainted by the left over darkness of the Old God who died there, and the Sha are his own negative emotions, or something.

I don't think it's an exact science.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW