Page 1 of 2
LastLast

im the only one who think demo is getting a big nerf?

the spec has everthing, sustained dmgs, burst and movility, after my last raid i just saw the other warlocks roling on everyone as demo.. i was like ok nerf inc lol

im doing fairly well with affliction on the first 3 bosses. it's my main spec, but i gotta say... when i was running dungeons as demo i saw A LOT of potential. seriously considering switching to demo for raids.

when your in affliction and you dont cast MG enough, it hurts dps pretty bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the operator View Post
    im doing fairly well with affliction on the first 3 bosses. it's my main spec, but i gotta say... when i was running dungeons as demo i saw A LOT of potential. seriously considering switching to demo for raids.

when your in affliction and you dont cast MG enough, it hurts dps pretty bad.
    Demo is better in dungeon and challenge mode run for sure, but definitely debateable when it comes to raid....

Single target aff: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Warlock/
    Single target demo: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ology_Warlock/

Movement fight aff: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ction_Warlock/
    Movement fight demo: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...ology_Warlock/

I left stone guard out of this because the way many guilds did this fight was stacking 3 bosses together and cleave them down which obviously gave demo a lot more advantage over aff.

its better in 5mans because you get 1000 fury on trash, then kill boss with full fury. in raids its different because after u kill trash and u have 1000 fury, unless u instant pull, you wont have full fury, and unless you 1 shot every boss, youll be starting with 200 fury for every attempt except the 1st.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

well the way i did it it was a dps lose for aff, swaping target when soulswap was on cd was BIG dps lose, and the guild that cleared mogushan just brought 4 demo locks

aff is really good but i start losing dps when i have to move or when i let a dot fall down when im trying to avoid a mechanic, instend demo does sustained dmgs, and then comes the burst mode when they have to move in meta, demo doesnt have a weakness outside building fury, but if you pop cds you build fury pretty easily and still doing a fair amount of dps

im afraid that is getting nerfed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    well the way i did it it was a dps lose for aff, swaping target when soulswap was on cd was BIG dps lose, and the guild that cleared mogushan just brought 4 demo locks

aff is really good but i start losing dps when i have to move or when i let a dot fall down when im trying to avoid a mechanic, instend demo does sustained dmgs, and then comes the burst mode when they have to move in meta, demo doesnt have a weakness outside building fury, but if you pop cds you build fury pretty easily and still doing a fair amount of dps

im afraid that is getting nerfed
    No Exodus only bought 1 warlock and he was switching all 3 specs but mostly demo which you can see his dps on the link I posted above which is not as high as aff in several fights including high movement fight like spirit kings which I also linked for you. Aff is the most versatile spec and doing the highest single target dps in raiding except certain style of fights which will favor demo/destro more.

The screenshot you saw 4 metamorphosis locks was just a usage of vanity item. I dont think they'll nerf demo. Well they just nerfed Hellfire a bit that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I think that's at a real risk of being nerfed in Demo's toolkit is probably Felstorm, because Demo's AoE is very strong and because it's providing a single target DPS increase, putting the Felguard ahead of alternative pets for the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The only thing I think that's at a real risk of being nerfed in Demo's toolkit is probably Felstorm, because Demo's AoE is very strong and because it's providing a single target DPS increase, putting the Felguard ahead of alternative pets for the spec.
    I agree a simple increase in energy cost on felstorm and it would be balanced.

Probably just a design preference on my part, but i think the fel/wrath guard *should* be the go to pet for demo in every situation. They are spec specific and it was awful having to use the felpup all through Cata. I'd hate to see demo preferring other pets for single targets.

Pet 'choice' is a fallacy anyway. Whether it's GoSac or w/e pet happens to parse the best for a given spec, locks will always just go with the by the numbers pet for pve. Their abilities are too different to balance perfectly, so there will always be a semi-mandatory pet for min-maxers. And the buffs our demons bring are non-existent (outside of the rarely used Blood Pact). By the same token, every pvp lock will use the Fel Hunter (or sac it), because spell lock is too good to give up. You want an example of pet choice? See hunter pet families and skin-specific util. If they want us to have legit pet choice, the whole system needs a revamp.

Semi-related, 'Fel Storm' should just be dps button specific to Demo but applicable to any pet that functions alla Lynx rush (same dmg - applies to any pet you want).

If anything Demo will need a slight buff honestly, as its scaling is a bit lower than affliction once you start getting into higher gear levels. But it def does not need a nerf as other have stated its very good in dungeons because of having full fury like all the time and all the massive aoe.

The innis are just a zerg fest ... the fights are very short, it´s ideal for demo .
    I expect some mana adjustments or some buffs for life tap xD

Deleted
    In heroics demo is really strong, because like the other poster said, you start bosses at 1000 fury and trash dies very quickly, so our AoE burst is huge. On stronger trash, like raids and challenge modes, other AoE classes pull way ahead like Elemental Shamans, DK's and Warriors. Our AoE is nothing special there, because after our HoG and Felstorm burst, our other AoE's are pretty paltry.

Deleted
    this is all a moot point anyhow

want to be top dps - clearly you should reroll blood dk

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...an_Vaults/dps/

10+ Year Old Account
    na, demo is gona stay right where it is. If anything they need to buff destro up to par.

Overall i think everything is balanced.

just an honest opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    na, demo is gona stay right where it is. If anything they need to buff destro up to par.

Overall i think everything is balanced.

just an honest opinion.
    Well, similarly that post is an opinion based on what we know to be the case; Demo's AoE is very strong and pet output isn't balanced where they said prior to release that they wanted it to be, so Felstorm is the logical thing to hit. I didn't say it was going to happen, just the only thing that I think is at risk of happening.

More likely, is that Sacrifice will get nerfed for Affliction if the sims prove accurate once we have a decent dataset from the new raids. Again though, it's by no means a certainty.

Deleted
    'Demo AOE is too high' and no mention of Ele Shaman or Warriors? curious. try competing with these classes on Galleon and see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    'Demo AOE is too high' and no mention of Ele Shaman or Warriors? curious. try competing with these classes on Galleon and see what happens.
    DKs too are very strong. The fact that those other classes are so strong does mean nerfs for us are less likely.

What surprised me was reading the post the other day about tank AoE damage, while I expected wholesale nerfbatting for everyone, the opposite happened and everyone got brought up to DK levels (Warriors did get a nerf). With that in mind, maybe the adjustments would bring other classes up to those levels instead (so everyone can get Gold on Challenge modes without nerfing the instance).

Demo is pulling good results because people already start to know the dungeons. You pull the bosses right after the trash so you engage with full rage. You can't do that in raids so you'll have your normal time building rage wich will cripple the spec dps.
    Also your on starting gear. Once you'll get raid gear the other specs will perform better and you wont see many ppl running demo.

Additionally if your talking about strong aoe maybe you should also check DK's, Monk's, Warrior's and Mental Shammies. A well geared warrior with proper playing kick's your butt in AOE.

i love demo burst at beginning :P with pre pot i was able to do 150k dps on feng without hero for the first 20sec around <3
    after that i'm the highest lock in our raid, but might be since they didn't play affli in a while or whatever

demo is pretty nice for movement in my eyes. stack fury, pop meta when you have to move and if you connect all your 3 dps cooldowns (imp army, summon 2nd pet, +mastery) you get pretty decent numbers.

only one that beats me in aoe is our dk :P and not that far ahead so meh :d

While it certainly does feel... unfamiliar to have a viable spec without huge flaws, I don't think it will get nerfed to the abomination of a spec warlocks are usually used to any time soon.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme