Question Having trouble with recovering Destro resources after combat?

I am having some trouble recovering my Embers when i am out of combat during leveling.
    In other words, when i am at 0 Embers i find it hard to get them to at least 2 or 3 on the mobs while leveling.

When i am around 3 embers, i can usually keep spending them and creating them with the Chaosbolt/Shadowburn.
    But if i lose all embers (zero) i really can not get any back up unless i spam Incinerate to death on at least 2 or 3 mobs - that is like 10 incinerates per mob, and at least 3 mobs for 2 embers, so a lot of time wasted just spamming Incinerate to generate embers.

Is there anything i am missing that warlocks can use to regain Embers quickly or when starting combat with zero Embers?

10+ Year Old Account
    you need to use Shadowburn even MORE! (lvl 47+). if you use shadowburn to kill every enemy you can you will have so many embers you won't know what to do with them all, you will be walking torch.

Also didn't you notice that you rebuild embers out of combat?

also why are you spending your last ember? never spend your last ember!

also use Havoc>Incinerate 3x

and last but not least ****NEVER SPEND YOUR LAST EMBER!**** (except for Shadowburn, see first sentence)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-03 at 04:17 PM.

While Grubjuice is correct, he leaves out the "why" in his explanation.

An unlisted feature of Shadowburn is that in addition to refunding the Ember if the target dies within 5 seconds, it also generates an Ember if it gets the killing blow on a target. In other words, if you kill the target with a single Shadowburn you get two Embers back. This creates the awesome Destro leveling engine.

Chaos Bolt your target as an opener (if you have two or more Embers), use a Conflag or two to get them into execute range, Shadowburn, move on to the next mob and repeat. When possible pull with Havok and aim your Chaos Bolt at a second target while your Voidwalker keeps the first one busy. At Mists levels you'll want to open with a Conflag, once your Backdraft works on Chaos Bolt.

Follow those easy steps, and you'll never complain about how long quest mobs are taking to die again.

I am a bit sad that there is no "15% HP for 1 Ember" kind of 1 minute cooldown spell that we could use to jump-start our engines when we are missing any embers, but i guess i will manage anyway.

Thank you for your advice

10+ Year Old Account
    like a reverse Ember tap? or what Flames of Xoroth used to be . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    like a reverse Ember tap? or what Flames of Xoroth used to be . . .
    Yes something like that would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    All specs could benefit from a long cooldown ability that instantly grants them half their secondary resource.

Conniption
    5 minute cd: Instantly grants the caster 2 Soul Shards, or 500 Demonic Fury, or 2 Burning Embers, depending on her specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    All specs could benefit from a long cooldown ability that instantly grants them half their secondary resource.
    Conniption
    5 minute cd: Instantly grants the caster 2 Soul Shards, or 500 Demonic Fury, or 2 Burning Embers, depending on her specialization.
    That would be good, but i would rather have a % Health Cost and a slightly lower cooldown