Starting my Warrior as an alt, had questions

Hey all, looking to mess around on my Warrior but had a few questions before jumping into leveling again. Hopefully I can get a few good responses to convince me to level him! so here it goes:

-How do warriors feel with the change to rage? Do you get it at a better rate or do you still find yourself waiting around?

-Is Protection a viable leveling spec or is it too slow? Really looking to change it up. Guess I could spam dungeons but that probably gets old.

-Any major Pros/Cons with the class compared to Cataclysm?

For leveling purposes a warrior is quite speedy, especially if you take the improved Impending Victory talent and Victory Rush glyph. Rage can feel clunky on elongated fights but unless you dungeon level as DPS you probably won't run into those issue.

Wether or not Protection leveling is too slow you'll have to determine for yourself as only you know what "too slow" means to you. I haven't done it myself but given the new mechanics of tanking I would imagine it is not too far behind DPS leveling as far as pacing.

As for the Pros/Cons there are several threads on the topic you can review.

Deleted
    1. Rage feels great, people complain like crazy, but the new rage model is good imo. You can use all your main attacks and you have enough rage to dump, especially as fury. For PVP you can go defensive stance and almost ignore rage and still do well as arms and to extent fury as well.

2. You can level with each spec, but prot will be slower. You can still AOE a couple of mobs with arms/fury and they'll die faster. You get a lot of health after each kill so staying prot for less damage doesn't make a lot of sense. You should level with bladestorm and victory rush glyph, second wind to become immortal against quest mobs.

3. The warrior class was greatly improved compared to cata. Survivability increased, burst increased, mobility improved with 30sec heroic leap and avatar. Still vulnerable to mages in pvp. Hard to kill 1v1 unlike in cata.

Well I wanted to change it up and be Protection this time around. Since BC I've always played a warrior as dps. Was just hoping they would have made prot viable for questing. Having a mandatory spec for leveling is kind of ridiculous.

Is chaining random dungeons as a tank(when I tank I like to pull fast too) something that is just as fast as questing?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    Well I wanted to change it up and be Protection this time around. Since BC I've always played a warrior as dps. Was just hoping they would have made prot viable for questing. Having a mandatory spec for leveling is kind of ridiculous.

Is chaining random dungeons as a tank(when I tank I like to pull fast too) something that is just as fast as questing?
    Level Prot. People saying Prot is slow leveling means they haven't leveled a Warrior Post-Cata. I've been leveling my Warrior since MOP got released, as Prot. I stayed Arms until level 26, then when Prot. Prot having a spammable, high-end damaging attack (Devestate) Just trumps Fury and Arms completely. Go Prot, please.

I love you if this is true. I did a few dungeons as prot, its so faced paced. Arms is sooooo slow. Havent tried fury, doubt I will